CSC Oct-Nov 2005 Filing I-140 Tracking

I know this is a I140 thread but just wanted to let you know that my I485 also got transferred to TX...(RD 11/30/2005)

Do you guys think they will further transfer our case from TSC to NSC??

By the way, I saw a new LUD on the I-140 that has been transferred. The 1st LUD on 3/22 saying the case transferred to TSC, the 2nd on 3/23 with no change in message. Any one notice same thing? Does this mean TSC has receive it? I hope so but do not believe it.

talked to my lawyer, and she basically said that

1) we should use TSC processing dates once transferred
2) we should keep our RD's

Actually, from now on we should only look at TSC/NSC reports to track 140/485 cases.
Once the process is complete (not sure when) CSC/VSC will work on petitions like 129 etc.
This reasoning tells me that, USCIS will be change their processing report format,blah, blah...
not sure how much is the overhead now?

If TSC is going to send out another receipts, then it takes whole lot of time to finish that.
Iam not sure whether TSC will jump on to the cases right-away or it will take time to set it up?
Thats the big question mark!!

nhusson said:

Would you mind sharing the EB category and the ND please?

jbxieperm2005 said:
Do you guys think they will further transfer our case from TSC to NSC??

By the way, I saw a new LUD on the I-140 that has been transferred. The 1st LUD on 3/22 saying the case transferred to TSC, the 2nd on 3/23 with no change in message. Any one notice same thing? Does this mean TSC has receive it? I hope so but do not believe it.

15,000 I-140/I-485 Cases Under Transfer From CSC to TSC

Why does it always happen with us? 245(i), BEC, PERM and now 140-BEC !!

From immigration-law.com:

* With reference to our report of this subject yesterdays, AILA reported today that USCIS HQ indicated that approximately 15,000 such cases are in the process of being transfered as part of the USCIS' preparation for the agency's "bi-specialization" program, whereby Service Centers will specialize in particular types of filings - two service centers handling all I-140 and related I-485 cases and the other two handling all I-129s. USCIS plans to issue an announcement detailing the bi-specialization program in the very near future. Please stay tuned.

nhusson said:

I-140 will be processed at Texas and Nebraska

Sri_know said:
In recent meetings with industry groups, officials of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) have indicated that, as of April 1, 2006, the agency will begin to transition to "bi-specialization" -- a workload reorganization program that will centralize adjudications at USCIS Service Centers by application or petition type, rather than geographically. Under current procedures, most Service Centers have jurisdiction over specific geographic areas, and are responsible for adjudication of a range of application and petition types. As we have reported previously, the bi-specialization program has been under discussion at the agency for some time; however, in recent weeks, USCIS officials have decided to accelerate implementation of the program.

Though the specifics of the program are still being planned and remain subject to change, as of April 1, 2006, all newly filed H-1B cases are expected to be centralized at the Vermont Service Center (VSC). Note, however, that at least initially, there will no immediate change to filing addresses, and H-1B cases will not be refused if they are filed at Service Centers other than the VSC. USCIS will use a commercial overnight service, DHL, to transfer to the VSC those cases that are filed at other Service Centers. Officials have noted that there may be a one-day delay in receipt of cases, but it is not clear whether this will affect the promised 15-day turnaround time for cases filed under the Premium Processing Service.

In July, all other nonimmigrant worker petitions filed on USCIS Form I-129, the nonimmigrant worker petition, are expected to be split between the Vermont and California Service Centers. Between July and September 2006, Form I-140 employment-based immigrant petitions, Form I-130 family-based immigrant petitions and Form I-485 applications for adjustment of status are projected to be moved to the Texas and Nebraska Service Centers. Other application and petition types will be centralized at the Nebraska and Texas Service Centers. Note that bi-specialization is likely to affect sole jurisdiction, a program that allows approved employers to file all their cases at a single Service Center, regardless of the geographical location of the position.

USCIS is expected to issue a formal announcement of the program, with implementation details and information on changes to filing procedures and addresses, before the end of this month. Full implementation of the bi-specialization program should be completed by September 2006. We will continue to monitor the implementation of bi-specialization, and will issue further updates as the agency announces its specific plans and instructions.

Today, USCIS released official press release. See the attachment:

Thanks

They should have said, whats the delay involved in this transition?
Whats their approach as it is 7-months for many of the 140s filed in September.
They should have addressed such issues. Correct!

Its not talking about the current pending backlogs...........

CAPD02 said:
Today, USCIS released official press release. See the attachment:

Thanks

LUD Changed

Hi,

When I was received email regarding trasfer of my I-140 to Texas, my LUD was 3/22/2006.

Now LUD chaged to 3/24/2006. What's this mean?

Thanks

perm_faq said:
They should have said, whats the delay involved in this transition?
Whats their approach as it is 7-months for many of the 140s filed in September.
They should have addressed such issues. Correct!

Its not talking about the current pending backlogs...........

Perm_FAQ,

Read carefully the last two paragraphs in press release: It says USCIS accept all the applications prior to April 01, 2006 with Recieve date and redirected to correct service center. It means all the pending applications also redirected to correct service center for processing (Texas for I-140).

Thanks

I know.. all the pending cases are redirected to TSC.

They should have mentioned about the goal of completing the backlogs that
have been pending with CSC for more than 6-months. They should have
mentioned the steps involved in the transfermation, and possible dates of
working on those cases.

CAPD02 said:
Perm_FAQ,

Read carefully the last two paragraphs in press release: It says USCIS accept all the applications prior to April 01, 2006 with Recieve date and redirected to correct service center. It means all the pending applications also redirected to correct service center for processing (Texas for I-140).

Thanks

CAPD02 said:
Hi,

When I was received email regarding trasfer of my I-140 to Texas, my LUD was 3/22/2006.

Now LUD chaged to 3/24/2006. What's this mean?

Thanks

My LUD also changed to 3/24/2006 but no message change.

Company Merger - I-140 Impact

Hi,

One more obstacle for me. (DOL->Backlog Center -> I-140 Transfer to TSC -> Now Company Merger)

I filed my I-140 in Oct 2005 through company A. Now company A merged with Company B with the new Combined company's name being "B". My Job remained exactly same at B. Company B is the succesor of intrest
in this case.

Now I need to amend my I-140, basically I am resubmitting my new I-140
application with my previous application.

Will it be put at the back of the queue or will they attempt to expedite
it? Shall I get new RD/ND to my new application? What will happen to my previous applocation? What will be the impact on I-140 approval?

Looking for expert opinions.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like we will not see any movement this week too...
Common CSC/TSC guys...Wake-up!!
You cannot hold our cases just like that, for 7 months.

Dam thing!!!

CAPD02 said:
Hi,

One more obstacle for me. (DOL->Backlog Center -> I-140 Transfer to TSC -> Now Company Merger)

I filed my I-140 in Oct 2005 through company A. Now company A merged with Company B with the new Combined company's name being "B". My Job remained exactly same at B. Company B is the succesor of intrest
in this case.

it? Shall I get new RD/ND to my new application? What will happen to my previous applocation? What will be the impact on I-140 approval?

Thanks

CAPD02,
I have exact same scenario of Company merger with same details.
My lawyer did not filed the amended new I140.
He says the previous 140 is still good.

CAPD02 said:
Hi,

in this case.

Thanks

gc_line said:
CAPD02,
I have exact same scenario of Company merger with same details.
My lawyer did not filed the amended new I140.
He says the previous 140 is still good.

gc_line,

What's your situation? Currently, my company's name changed and I am getting paystub on new company's name. Old company name doesn't exist and tax id also changed. According to my lawyer, I have to amend I-140 with new application including new company's tax documents. I am not sure which lawyer is correct?

I guess it make sense, because I got my labor certification on company A and going to be stay as permanent employee for company B. Eventually, USCIS should aware about this some time during this process.

When you filed your I-140?

Thanks

If the comapny merger is "successor of interest" then you do not need to file anything.
Lawyers do to make money.
As I said my details are exactly as yours.

CAPD02 said:
gc_line,

What's your situation? Currently, my company's name changed and I am getting paystub on new company's name. Old company name doesn't exist and tax id also changed. According to my lawyer, I have to amend I-140 with new application including new company's tax documents. I am not sure which lawyer is correct?

I guess it make sense, because I got my labor certification on company A and going to be stay as permanent employee for company B. Eventually, USCIS should aware about this some time during this process.

When you filed your I-140?

Thanks

Board is Quite these days, looks like no case movement at all

Since CSC to TSC transfermation. Not sure when we start seeing the approvals,
but looks like we have to go through long wait time, though its already more
than 6 months from the date of filing 140. Literally, there are just 3 or 4
messages posted on this thread or CSC-140 forum.:rolleyes:

perm_faq said:
Since CSC to TSC transfermation. Not sure when we start seeing the approvals,
but looks like we have to go through long wait time, though its already more
than 6 months from the date of filing 140. Literally, there are just 3 or 4
messages posted on this thread or CSC-140 forum.:rolleyes:
This is the start of the approvals...

LADIES & GENTLEMEN...guess what...my I140 got approved on 4/1/06. My case was transfered to Texas on 3/22/06 and I just received approval email one hour ago.
Here is the summary of the approval:
----------------------
The following is the latest information on your case status

Receipt Number: WAC060095XXXX

Application Type: I140 , IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER

Current Status:

This case has been approved. On April 1, 2006, an approval notice was
mailed. If 30 days have passed and you have not received this notice,
you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address,
please speak to an Immigration Information Officer during business
hours.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case
status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or
advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please
contact the National Customer Service Center.

National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283.
-----------------------

I think after transfer, it will be faster than CSC. Worth of waiting. I wish best of luck to all of you...

Cheers!!!