CSC I-485 Filing- May to Dec 2005 Tracking

Got email reply today after everything is done

shaaka said:
When did you receive this email?

Guys,
I got the email finally today from R.Cruz saying " My case is aproved and send the cards". I already rcvd. my cards on Friday.

Shaaka: They are not Made in China as you predicted. :) . I'm very happy finally after 3yrs. 8months of Jail Time.

All the Best to every one and hope you get your cards soon.

Cavenkat
PD : 9/2002
Green Card AD: 5/15/06, Cards rcvd. 5/19

shaaka said:
:mad: The California Service Center (CSC) does not accept inquiries from the general public via email. All inquiries must be submitted to the National Customer Service Center by calling 1-800-375-5283. The National Customer Service Center will route your inquiry to the appropriate USCIS District Office or Service Center, and will track your inquiry to a final resolution. If you've received a transfer notice regarding your case please inform the National Customer Service Center at the time you submit your inquiry. The National Customer Service Center is available Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, PST.

:mad:

Same here ... got this afternoon:

"The California Service Center (CSC) does not accept inquiries from the general public via email. All inquiries must be submitted to the National Customer Service Center by calling 1-800-375-5283. The National Customer Service Center will route your inquiry to the appropriate USCIS District Office or Service Center, and will track your inquiry to a final resolution. If you've received a transfer notice regarding your case please inform the National Customer Service Center at the time you submit your inquiry. The National Customer Service Center is available Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, PST."

mnhrdc said:
Just to share some info

I have been sending email to CSC-X11.485@dhs.gov on 1st of every month for status check and didnt recieve reply immediately. Finally after a gap of 3 months i recived from R Cruz and not from Brueno that they dont answer quiries from general public and need to contact 1-800-375-5283.

After dialing the above no# -1-2-6 (didnt work), later -1-1 bang 0 got the person on other line and informed current status that they havnt recived any background check info. Should take long time and have Patience

So if your email has not been answered call the above no. to get the info.

"should take long time" or "should NOT take long time" ???

Update from CIS - Concurrent I-140/485 Filing

Hi,
My case was filed with CSC as EB2. PD is 09/2002.
Filed I-140 and I-485 concurrently with CSC on sep 29, 2005.
Both I-140 and I-485 were transferred to TSC on mar 29, 2006.

I received this message from USCIS today (5/22). What does this mean ? Has processing resumed on my I-485 case ?

<Message from CIS>
"On March 29, 2006, your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received here for processing. It is taking between 850 and 900 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete."

lifeislife said:
"should take long time" or "should NOT take long time" ???

It took 35 mins to get someone over phone...
After 35 mins of wait my question was not answered...

She created a inquiry and i am suppose to get answer over snail mail in next 30 days...

Kalifonia said:
Hi,

I received this message from USCIS today (5/22). What does this mean ? Has processing resumed on my I-485 case ?

<Message from CIS>
"On March 29, 2006, your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received here for processing. It is taking between 850 and 900 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete."

Sit back, relax and enjoy the show. You are a long way away from getting approval. In July 2005, I received a similar message with "270 to 300 days" estimate. I am nowwhere close to done yet :)

Kalifonia said:
Hi,

<Message from CIS>

I think lot of folks whose case transferred to texas got the same email today.
Check the other thread

"I-485 Cases Transferred from CSC to TSC Tracker"

Could be an approval :rolleyes:

Atleast something happening :) instead of nothing :confused:

does anybody know why advance parole date is not moving at CSC (March 6)?
Is it because new 485s are processed in TSC and as a result 131 is also processed in TSC?

ahem, so lets count our blessings

1. CSC stopped answering to emails.

2. EAD/AP approval time has doubled from 1 to 2 months at CSC

3. There is absolutely NO progress in name checks. And every damn inquiry have to be filed at a centralized location where it may take forever and may never be replied.

4. cases transferred to TSC are being worked on actively and approved whereas our cases lie in sweet sweet slumber at CSC

excellent.

Oh God, have *some* mercy on me. After 4 yrs of waiting I can't take this any more

shahramt said:
does anybody know why advance parole date is not moving at CSC (March 6)?
Is it because new 485s are processed in TSC and as a result 131 is also processed in TSC?

Last edited by a moderator:
qwerty1111 said:
ahem, so lets count our blessings

1. CSC stopped answering to emails.

2. EAD/AP approval time has doubled from 1 to 2 months at CSC

3. There is absolutely NO progress in name checks. And every damn inquiry have to be filed at a centralized location where it may take forever and may never be replied.

4. cases transferred to TSC are being worked on actively and approved whereas our cases lie in sweet sweet slumber at CSC

excellent.

Oh God, have *some* mercy on me. After 4 yrs of waiting I can't take this any more

Cases transferred to TSC are being approved????

lifeislife said:
Cases transferred to TSC are being approved????

NO. People are only seeing LUD changes and message changes. The message simply indicates that the case has been received here (here being TSC). Somehow, this LUD & message change is causing excitement that the case will be approved soon. I haven't seen any I-485 approvals on cases that have been transferred to TSC.

global_goonda said:
NO. People are only seeing LUD changes and message changes. The message simply indicates that the case has been received here (here being TSC). Somehow, this LUD & message change is causing excitement that the case will be approved soon. I haven't seen any I-485 approvals on cases that have been transferred to TSC.

Phew. That sounds more reasonable. :)

shaaka said:
It took 35 mins to get someone over phone...
After 35 mins of wait my question was not answered...

She created a inquiry and i am suppose to get answer over snail mail in next 30 days...

DIdn't know CSS is no longer responding to email inquiries. Sent them my 1st email on 5/9 and I think I will get the same response from them like you guys.
Shaaka, how exactly did you do to reach a live person? I called the 800 number and press 1-1-0 like mnhrdc said and it was not a valid input.

"The California Service Center (CSC) does not accept inquiries from the general public via email". Does this mean they still accept inquiries from our attorneys? guess it is a good time to press the attorney again. :mad:

fatbaba said:
DIdn't know CSS is no longer responding to email inquiries. Sent them my 1st email on 5/9 and I think I will get the same response from them like you guys.
Shaaka, how exactly did you do to reach a live person? I called the 800 number and press 1-1-0 like mnhrdc said and it was not a valid input.

"The California Service Center (CSC) does not accept inquiries from the general public via email". Does this mean they still accept inquiries from our attorneys? guess it is a good time to press the attorney again. :mad:

This is how i contacted

1-800-375-5283
EAC # (Listen to the machine till the end)
Rep

shaaka said:
This is how i contacted

1-800-375-5283
EAC # (Listen to the machine till the end)
Rep

Thanks for the information ... just made a status inquiry. The person on the phone told me that I am well outside the normal processing range because they are currently processing RD's of Nov 2005 (mine being July 2005). So she took all the details and said if I do not receive something in the mail in 30 days, that I should call the number again and create a second inquiry.

So the stopwatch has been set ;-)

(btw, please have your dependents with you, or something, so that you can create the status check for them also - they have to be there personally to provide the information like receipt #, A#, etc.)

Last edited by a moderator:
What is the 485 processing order?

Any gurus,

What is the processing order for 485?
Is that by 485 notice date or by priority date?

gp111 said:
ND as long as PD is current

Which is probably why the lady on the phone sort of sympathized with me that my ND is July '05 and they are processing Nov '05 and I still haven't heard anything yet.

lifeislife said:
Thanks for the information ... just made a status inquiry. The person on the phone told me that I am well outside the normal processing range because they are currently processing RD's of Nov 2005 (mine being July 2005). So she took all the details and said if I do not receive something in the mail in 30 days, that I should call the number again and create a second inquiry.

So the stopwatch has been set ;-)

(btw, please have your dependents near you, or sometihng, so that you can create the status check for them also - they have to be there personally to provide the information like receipt #, A#, etc.)

Just did the same. Won't expect anything exciting tho.

Priority Date for substitute labor

vm_gc said:
I got a reply to from CSC (to my May 1st email) that "FBI name checks and fingerprints have cleared. However, a visa is not currently available." According to CSC my PD is Sept 2005 - which is infact my I-485 RD date. My actual PD is Aug 2002. So something got messed up in my I-140 approval notice or I-485 application. I have few questions to gurus in this forum.

1. Does your I-140 approval notice mention about your actual priority date ?.

2. Did any one in this forum face similar issue ? If yes, how did you resolve this issue ?.

Thanks in advance.

Is it true that for substitute labor the priority date (in I140 approval notice) will be different from actual labor priority date. In my case, my I140 approval notice contains PD as my actual I-140/I-185 RD date.

I140 - RD: 09/22/2005 AD: 03/01/2006
I485 - RD: 09/22/2005 AD: ???
Substitute Labor. PD: 09/2002