CSC I-485 Filing- May to Dec 2005 Tracking

srignram said:
There are two possibilities of Labour substitution:
1)Labour applied for x with skill set A and X left the company before labour approved.
2)Y with the same skill set A can be substituted for X.In this case 140 has not been applied on the labour and Y will get the original priority date.
3)the second possibility:x has used the Labour and applied 140 either seperately or concurrently but left the company either after after 180 days using AC21 or due to some other reason.

The company now invokes the 140 and/ or 485, Y can now apply 140 with the copy of the labour.In this case Y will not get the original PD but the RD of 140 becomes Y's PD.

The company that you mentioned applied the same Sub Labour for more than one person at the same time with the copy of labour. Hope this clears the ground.

You mean "company REVOKES" the I-140 of the original applicant.
Where did you get this information from? I'm not challenging you, but I'm curious. Do you have any link/document that states how the priority date is affected for substitution labor cases when the company revokes the orignal applicants I-140?

thanks!

Hi Raj,

Our dates seem to be very close.
I am not sure but I think I did the last inquiry around 25-26th apr. I will probably call them early next week.

My FP was done early nov. Looks like I am stuck in name check.
Your symptoms look very similar to mine. Did you try to send an email to CSC and check the status?

Are they responding to emails these days? I saw some posts saying everything is centrilized and have to call a ph no. etc

That ph. no. is horrible, everytime I call it takes more than 1/2 hr to get a person.

Now if they have stopped responding to email I think the wait will increase even more since everyone will start calling instead of email.

Anybody who recently called? how is the response time?

rajrw said:
hi sksave,

I did the same on April 27th. The person whom I spoke to, told me that I will receive the status within 30days by postal mail. Until now neither I got a mail or an LUD. So I called up again and I am asked to wait until May 27th.

When was your FP done? My FP was done on October 18th and my status doesnot reflect anything. Just curious to know if it is linked to name check anyway. Last time Officer Cruz told me that the system says my FP is done, but some how status is not updated.

How many days after enquiry did you get the LUD?

I think you should call them again and initiate second enquiry.

Regards,
Raj.

Just an update:

Contacted the congresswoman. They are going to initiate an inquiry first to USCIS then to FBI (after recieving the response from CSC). They said majority of immigartion contacts they are receiving are related to FP/namecheck. Said they can only send inquiries. Sad that some of us have to waite such a long time for no real reason...

I-485: ND 08/05/2005
LUD 10/2005, 01/2006 (FP), 02/2006, 05/2006
All LUDs correspond to e-mail inquiries that were responded by saying the applicantion is pending FBI namecheck.

Celebration!

Hi Friends,

Myself, Global_Goonda, Nother1inline, ASH04 and MNHRDC will be getting together tomorrow May 25, 2006 around 6:30pm at BJ's in Cupertino (next to Apple HQs). The occassion is to celebrate the approval of my GC. I would love to invite others to join in the celebration and the treat is on me!. Please PM me so I know the exact no. of people, I need to book the table for. GP111 if we can have the pleasure of your company that would be simply wonderful. We can celebrate your GC approval too.

Welcome anyone who would like to have an enjoyable evening making new friends:)

-FDD:) :) :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Folks

Waiting for 485 starts now for me. I hope this will not become a long wait. Lets hope senate would pass the bill to help us the legal immigrants.

Srignram

Is this the most active thread for 485? I don't know whether all our "concurrent filing.." thread folks are here or some other board.

srignram said:
There are two possibilities of Labour substitution:
1)Labour applied for x with skill set A and X left the company before labour approved.
2)Y with the same skill set A can be substituted for X.In this case 140 has not been applied on the labour and Y will get the original priority date.
3)the second possibility:x has used the Labour and applied 140 either seperately or concurrently but left the company either after after 180 days using AC21 or due to some other reason.

The company now invokes the 140 and/ or 485, Y can now apply 140 with the copy of the labour.In this case Y will not get the original PD but the RD of 140 becomes Y's PD.

The company that you mentioned applied the same Sub Labour for more than one person at the same time with the copy of labour. Hope this clears the ground.

perm_faq

perm_faq said:
Srignram

Is this the most active thread for 485? I don't know whether all our "concurrent filing.." thread folks are here or some other board.
Welcome to 485 forum.Down the line you should see 485 cases Transfered from CSC to TSC thread run by Endeavour2003 is available. :D

Meeting of members

Its not just a meeting to celebrate approvals but to share the highs and lows of this ordeal. Believe me, the first time we all met, it was a very pleasant experience and the fact that the original attendees are still coming goes to show that everyone had fun and not all had/have their GCs. SO I would strongly recommend that you guys come - its at BJs on Deanza Blvd at 6.30 PM.

Hope to see a lot more people....

EAD renewal question

Hi Guys,
my wife's EAD is expiring next month. i forgot to apply for renewal. does she need to stop working in the time application is pending?

congrats gp111 for your approval. I checked the forum back after long time.

Hi san_user,

You mention that your I-140 is tagged as EB3. Was there any RFE to downgrade the application to EB3 from EB2?

Did you ever try to get it corrected? There is a good chance that it might be due to a data entry error.

san_user said:
Hi Guys,
my wife's EAD is expiring next month. i forgot to apply for renewal. does she need to stop working in the time application is pending?

H-4 & I-485

Sorry for an H-4 and I-485 related question. I don't know where to ask my question.

My H-1B status was extended to July 2007 and I got the H-1B paper. My previous H-1B status together with my wife's H-4 status expire on July 2006. Also, our H-1B/H-4 "Visa" on passport expires on July 2006. We are now in currently filing I-140/I-485 and got FP cleared only.

We did not file my wife's H-4 extension and therefore my wife does not have the H-4 paper of July 2007.

Will that be a big problem to my wife's I-485 (for out-of-status)? Should we immediately apply for the H-4 extension?

dabu said:
Sorry for an H-4 and I-485 related question. I don't know where to ask my question.

My H-1B status was extended to July 2007 and I got the H-1B paper. My previous H-1B status together with my wife's H-4 status expire on July 2006. Also, our H-1B/H-4 "Visa" on passport expires on July 2006. We are now in currently filing I-140/I-485 and got FP cleared only.

We did not file my wife's H-4 extension and therefore my wife does not have the H-4 paper of July 2007.

Will that be a big problem to my wife's I-485 (for out-of-status)? Should we immediately apply for the H-4 extension?

She has visa till July 2006 correct ? Then she in not out of status OR will not be out of status even if you don't extend her H4. Once you apply I-485 you are in a legal status called "Adjustment of Status" & do not require to have any other non immigrant status

FunDesiDude said:
Hi Friends,

Myself, Global_Goonda, Nother1inline, ASH04 and MNHRDC will be getting together tomorrow May 25, 2006 around 6:30pm at BJ's in Cupertino (next to Apple HQs). The occassion is to celebrate the approval of my GC. I would love to invite others to join in the celebration and the treat is on me!. Please PM me so I know the exact no. of people, I need to book the table for. GP111 if we can have the pleasure of your company that would be simply wonderful. We can celebrate your GC approval too.

Welcome anyone who would like to have an enjoyable evening making new friends:)

-FDD:) :) :)

Sorry Guys.. I am in Yellowstone National Park for the long weekend & would miss this event.

san_user said:
Hi Guys,

You must apply as soon as possible & She cannot work from the day of expiry to the date of new approval.

H-4 & I-485

gp111 said:
She has visa till July 2006 correct ? Then she in not out of status OR will not be out of status even if you don't extend her H4. Once you apply I-485 you are in a legal status called "Adjustment of Status" & do not require to have any other non immigrant status

gp111,

Thanks so much for your info!!!

One more thing I am confusing. We are waiting for I-140/I-485. Don't want to travel abroad before GC. And we don't have EAD/AP. She won't work until GC. In this case, do you think USCIS will issue a notice when processing her I-485 asking for her H-4 paper in order to prove her legal status before approving I-485?

What is H-4 paper really meaning? If I have legal H-1B status and she is my wife, does she automatically own H-4 status no matter the paper? Then why do we need the H-4 paper anyway?

Sorry for a long list of questions! Your advise is greatly appreciated!

Looks like there haven't been any more 485 approvals since the past couple of weeks...

dabu said:
gp111,

Thanks so much for your info!!!

One more thing I am confusing. We are waiting for I-140/I-485. Don't want to travel abroad before GC. And we don't have EAD/AP. She won't work until GC. In this case, do you think USCIS will issue a notice when processing her I-485 asking for her H-4 paper in order to prove her legal status before approving I-485?

What is H-4 paper really meaning? If I have legal H-1B status and she is my wife, does she automatically own H-4 status no matter the paper? Then why do we need the H-4 paper anyway?

Sorry for a long list of questions! Your advise is greatly appreciated!

USCIS may only ask for legal status of period before you filed I-485. Once you file I-485 they know you are in legal status.

H4 is not automatic, if you want her to maintain H4 status you have to extend her status (form I-539)

Thanks for the info balumaran... I guess that the emails from the link you pasted tracks approvals transferred to the TSC correct?... as the approvals from TSC could be at a faster pace than CSC...