CSC I-485 Filing- May to Dec 2005 Tracking

vm_gc said:
Is it true that for substitute labor the priority date (in I140 approval notice) will be different from actual labor priority date. In my case, my I140 approval notice contains PD as my actual I-140/I-185 RD date.

I140 - RD: 09/22/2005 AD: 03/01/2006
I485 - RD: 09/22/2005 AD: ???
Substitute Labor. PD: 09/2002

So is your PD 09/22/2005? and not Sep 2002 because of Sub labor?

shaaka said:
So is your PD 09/22/2005? and not Sep 2002 because of Sub labor?

Yes. But by looking at the other forums, for many substitute labor cases, the PD in I-140 approval shows the actual labor PD. I don't know why this is different in my case. I hope it's a mistake by CSC and can be correctable. :-(

vm_gc said:
Yes. But by looking at the other forums, for many substitute labor cases, the PD in I-140 approval shows the actual labor PD. I don't know why this is different in my case. I hope it's a mistake by CSC and can be correctable. :-(

What priority date does your I-140 show? The I-140 should always show the priority date of the associated labor-certificate.

Hate to say this but don't keep much hopes on it.
I went through the same process one month ago. Exactly the same thing ,almost feels like they have a template for such process same words.

It is almost a month now I still haven't seen anything. All I got was a LUD saying FP results received .... but not sure if it was because of the inquiry.

I am wondering if I should call them again and tell did not receive anything.

Any suggestions?

lifeislife said:
Thanks for the information ... just made a status inquiry. The person on the phone told me that I am well outside the normal processing range because they are currently processing RD's of Nov 2005 (mine being July 2005). So she took all the details and said if I do not receive something in the mail in 30 days, that I should call the number again and create a second inquiry.

So the stopwatch has been set ;-)

(btw, please have your dependents with you, or something, so that you can create the status check for them also - they have to be there personally to provide the information like receipt #, A#, etc.)

sksave said:
I went through the same process one month ago. Exactly the same thing ,almost feels like they have a template for such process same words.

It is almost a month now I still haven't seen anything. All I got was a LUD saying FP results received .... but not sure if it was because of the inquiry.

Any suggestions?

I would create the second inquiry - if it in fact as been 30 days since the first inquiry.

vm_gc said:
I got a reply to from CSC (to my May 1st email) that "FBI name checks and fingerprints have cleared. However, a visa is not currently available." According to CSC my PD is Sept 2005 - which is infact my I-485 RD date. My actual PD is Aug 2002. So something got messed up in my I-140 approval notice or I-485 application. I have few questions to gurus in this forum.

1. Does your I-140 approval notice mention about your actual priority date ?.

2. Did any one in this forum face similar issue ? If yes, how did you resolve this issue ?.

Thanks in advance.

vm_gc,
Atleast good to know that your name check is cleared. Yes the approved I-140 does mention the priority Date. In fact my PD was wrong but don't lose much sleep over this because I immediately contacted my attorney and he in turn contacted USCIS who rectified this within a couple of weeks. They sent a new approved petition with the correct PD. Good luck!!

pklam said:
vm_gc,
Atleast good to know that your name check is cleared. Yes the approved I-140 does mention the priority Date. In fact my PD was wrong but don't lose much sleep over this because I immediately contacted my attorney and he in turn contacted USCIS who rectified this within a couple of weeks. They sent a new approved petition with the correct PD. Good luck!!

pklam,

Thank you for letting me know. I am feeling little bit comfortable. I am in touch with my lawyer.

global_goonda said:
What priority date does your I-140 show? The I-140 should always show the priority date of the associated labor-certificate.

09/22/2005. The associated labor-certificate PD is 09/21/2002.

Is it normal to not have priority date on I-485 Receipt notice? I have my priority date (Jan 2000) on I-140 approval notice, but the I-485 receipt notice's priority date is blank.

vm_gc said:
09/22/2005. The associated labor-certificate PD is 09/21/2002.

ronniin said:
Is it normal to not have priority date on I-485 Receipt notice? I have my priority date (Jan 2000) on I-140 approval notice, but the I-485 receipt notice's priority date is blank.
Yes...it is very normal

hi sksave,

I did the same on April 27th. The person whom I spoke to, told me that I will receive the status within 30days by postal mail. Until now neither I got a mail or an LUD. So I called up again and I am asked to wait until May 27th.

When was your FP done? My FP was done on October 18th and my status doesnot reflect anything. Just curious to know if it is linked to name check anyway. Last time Officer Cruz told me that the system says my FP is done, but some how status is not updated.

How many days after enquiry did you get the LUD?

I think you should call them again and initiate second enquiry.

Regards,
Raj.

sksave said:

Any suggestions?

vm_gc said:
Is it true that for substitute labor the priority date (in I140 approval notice) will be different from actual labor priority date. In my case, my I140 approval notice contains PD as my actual I-140/I-185 RD date.

I140 - RD: 09/22/2005 AD: 03/01/2006
I485 - RD: 09/22/2005 AD: ???
Substitute Labor. PD: 09/2002

vm_gc,

If someone has filled I-140 before and has been approved on the substitute labor that you have used then I-140 filing date would be your PD otherwise original labor PD would be your PD.

I think in your case someone has already got an I-140 approval on your substituted labor that's why your PD is I-140 filing date. If it is not the case, then you should get original labor filing date as your PD.

Confirm with your attorney/employer about past use of substituted labor.

Last edited by a moderator:
dsugandhi said:
vm_gc,

If someone has filled I-140 before and has been approved on the substitute labor that you have used then I-140 filing date would be your PD otherwise original labor PD would be your PD.

I think in your case someone has already got an I-140 approval on your substituted labor that's why your PD is I-140 filing date. If it is not the case, then you should get original labor filing date as your PD.

Confirm with your attorney/employer about past use of substituted labor.

No - labor-certificate to I-140 is a one-to-one relationship. If the labor-certificate was used to file an earlier I-140, then vm_gc's newer I-140 would have been denied. (There was one desi company indulging in precisely such a scam - promising substitute labor, then using the same labor for multiple 140 applications).

vm_gc - your I-140 is approved, so don't worry about the above. It seems a simple mistake that your lawyer should be able to easily fix with CSC

Dsuganthi is correct

global_goonda said:
No - labor-certificate to I-140 is a one-to-one relationship. If the labor-certificate was used to file an earlier I-140, then vm_gc's newer I-140 would have been denied. (There was one desi company indulging in precisely such a scam - promising substitute labor, then using the same labor for multiple 140 applications).

vm_gc - your I-140 is approved, so don't worry about the above. It seems a simple mistake that your lawyer should be able to easily fix with CSC
You didn't get Dsuganthi's point and he/she is correct on Labour Sub.

srignram said:

So you're saying that there can be multiple I-140 applications for a single labor certificate - and that all those applications will be approved?

I find that difficult to believe, since I KNOW people who have been screwed by the desi company I mentioned earlier which used the same labor certificate to file many I140 applications (which were all denied)

gp111, do you have any feedback on this ?.

srignram said:

I am confused now. I am still waiting for a reply from my lawyer. Hoping everything will be fine....

TSC email enquiry

Does any body know the email address of TSC for I485 status enquiry?
Thanks in advance for your help.

Dont confuse people

global_goonda said:
see your PM.
There are two possibilities of Labour substitution:
1)Labour applied for x with skill set A and X left the company before labour approved.
2)Y with the same skill set A can be substituted for X.In this case 140 has not been applied on the labour and Y will get the original priority date.
3)the second possibility:x has used the Labour and applied 140 either seperately or concurrently but left the company either after after 180 days using AC21 or due to some other reason.

The company now invokes the 140 and/ or 485, Y can now apply 140 with the copy of the labour.In this case Y will not get the original PD but the RD of 140 becomes Y's PD.

The company that you mentioned applied the same Sub Labour for more than one person at the same time with the copy of labour. Hope this clears the ground.