CSC I-485 Filing- May to Dec 2005 Tracking

gp111,

Question for you...

Is it possible to get an approval notice by snail mail without receiving any email notifications at all, or any LUD changes???

Thanks!!!

dvyas said:
gp111,

Question for you...

Is it possible to get an approval notice by snail mail without receiving any email notifications at all, or any LUD changes???

Thanks!!!

YES

got the following from CSC (in 10 days):

The I-485 at question is still pending FBI name check clearance. Once the file has been cleared by FBI, the file will be adjudicated. The Service has NO control on how long it takes FBI to clear the case.

M. Bueno

Cards Received...

Hi all,
Just a quick update... received my cards for both me and my wife.

Good luck to all.

different messages

I did not get any LUD's or nothing until I had called them for inquiry.
Recently I got updated LUD and also received reply to my email same day.

But both the messages seem to be conflicting.

LUD message: "the results of your fingerprint review for your I485
Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received,
and processing has resumed on your case."

email response: "the principal applicant's background security/name check
has not yet cleared by the FBI as of this date. We regret to inform you
that until the result is received the USCIS must suspend further
processing on these cases."

What do these mean are they processing or no?
Also this email message seems to be different than some of the one's that I have seen in the forum.

anyone with similar response? any progress on the case?

Thanks.

shaaka said:
Thanks global goonda and rajrw.
Initated inquiry over phone by calling customer service.

Last month 04/22 i had a message change that
"Finger printing results received and processing has resumed"

And another LUD changed on 04/24 both on mine and my wife 485.

Can i assume that my name check is cleared?? I did my finger printing in Oct 2005 and nothing changed to my 485 case at that time. Suddenly message changed and LUD changed last month and nothing this month...

Looks like officers are no longer looking at 485 cases. No LUD changes nothing on my I-485 case this month.

Let's wait and see...

sksave said:
I did not get any LUD's or nothing until I had called them for inquiry.
Recently I got updated LUD and also received reply to my email same day.

But both the messages seem to be conflicting.

LUD message: "the results of your fingerprint review for your I485
Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received,
and processing has resumed on your case."

email response: "the principal applicant's background security/name check
has not yet cleared by the FBI as of this date. We regret to inform you
that until the result is received the USCIS must suspend further
processing on these cases."

What do these mean are they processing or no?
Also this email message seems to be different than some of the one's that I have seen in the forum.

anyone with similar response? any progress on the case?

Thanks.

Fingerprint review is different than name-check. They will not process your application unless name-check is cleared.

Yes, I sent an email about 2 weeks back. Didn't get a reply yet. If I do not get any update by the end of next month, I can be sure, I am stuck in some security clearance. My wife had to go through some sort of clearance(actually TAL-technology alert list) last year when she went for a h1 visa stamp. So, I will not be surprised if we have to go through some clearance this time too.

Is there anyone on this forum with PD after september 2002(from India) that has an approval??

shaaka said:
Is your name check clear?
Did you email inquiry with CSC?

My PD is Dec 2002 same like yours :)

Information!!

ediman said:
For those who are waiting name check..

No sure

if this has been posted before..

http://usinfo.state.gov/gi/Archive/2006/May/04-878088.html

I don't beleive this statement for the namecheck:"The records maintained in the FBI name check process consist of administrative, applicant, criminal, personnel and other files compiled by law enforcement."
In my case, i have'nt had a run in with law enforcemnt, not even a ticket (touch wood!!) in my 11 years of stay. So law enforcement will not have any records and the check should not return with any hits. This is all a big joke to intensify people's sufferings.. :mad: :mad:

Received Permanent Resident Cards

Guys,
Finally received my I-485 approval notices and permanent resident cards in the mail today - the LUD and message change happenned last Thursday. Very quick!

They are not green in color - look like driver's license - have my picture and fingerprint on the front, a sexy shiny broad strip on the back. Says "Permanent Resident Card" on top on both sides. Is this it? Is this really my "Green Card"?

Would like to thank this forum and GP111, who have provided unparalleled guidance and support for the almost 2 years. Made the journey a lot more easy.

So, I can apply for citizenship after 5 years, or renewal of Permanent resident card after 10 years. But, what now? Do I need to get my passport stamped? Go to a USCIS office? Go to consulate? file some application somewhere? Check some status somewhere? There must be something - life now seems so empty without it.

Priority date is messed up

I got a reply to from CSC (to my May 1st email) that "FBI name checks and fingerprints have cleared. However, a visa is not currently available." According to CSC my PD is Sept 2005 - which is infact my I-485 RD date. My actual PD is Aug 2002. So something got messed up in my I-140 approval notice or I-485 application. I have few questions to gurus in this forum.

1. Does your I-140 approval notice mention about your actual priority date ?.

2. Did any one in this forum face similar issue ? If yes, how did you resolve this issue ?.

Thanks in advance.

vm_gc said:
I got a reply to from CSC (to my May 1st email) that "FBI name checks and fingerprints have cleared. However, a visa is not currently available." According to CSC my PD is Sept 2005 - which is infact my I-485 RD date. My actual PD is Aug 2002. So something got messed up in my I-140 approval notice or I-485 application. I have few questions to gurus in this forum.

Yes, it does. Ask for a copy of your 140 approval notice from your lawyer/employer.

vm_gc said:

2. Did any one in this forum face similar issue ? If yes, how did you resolve this issue ?.

Thanks in advance.

I am undergoing a similar experience ... my case has been classified as EB3 instead of EB2, and I have asked my lawyer to get it changed. The 140 approval notice clearly states it is EB2, so I hope the change is quick.

Of course, as of mid-April, I was stuck in name check/background check.

OH, and btw, my PD is not 04/02, it is actually 03/28/2002 according to the 140 approval notice! Which is even more agonizing because that means I have been current for quite some time now and nothing's happening with my case.

Aargh, name check! :-(

Last edited by a moderator:
For those unlucky once - Have Patience

Just to share some info

I have been sending email to CSC-X11.485@dhs.gov on 1st of every month for status check and didnt recieve reply immediately. Finally after a gap of 3 months i recived from R Cruz and not from Brueno that they dont answer quiries from general public and need to contact 1-800-375-5283.

After dialing the above no# -1-2-6 (didnt work), later -1-1 bang 0 got the person on other line and informed current status that they havnt recived any background check info. Should take long time and have Patience

So if your email has not been answered call the above no. to get the info.

You can help us out with our cases and followups etc ...... ;)
we are still not out of the woods.

Just kidding. Congrats!! Enjoy it.

heysanjeev said:
Guys,
Finally received my I-485 approval notices and permanent resident cards in the mail today - the LUD and message change happenned last Thursday. Very quick!

They are not green in color - look like driver's license - have my picture and fingerprint on the front, a sexy shiny broad strip on the back. Says "Permanent Resident Card" on top on both sides. Is this it? Is this really my "Green Card"?

Would like to thank this forum and GP111, who have provided unparalleled guidance and support for the almost 2 years. Made the journey a lot more easy.

So, I can apply for citizenship after 5 years, or renewal of Permanent resident card after 10 years. But, what now? Do I need to get my passport stamped? Go to a USCIS office? Go to consulate? file some application somewhere? Check some status somewhere? There must be something - life now seems so empty without it.

This is what i got for my May 1 2006

:mad: The California Service Center (CSC) does not accept inquiries from the general public via email. All inquiries must be submitted to the National Customer Service Center by calling 1-800-375-5283. The National Customer Service Center will route your inquiry to the appropriate USCIS District Office or Service Center, and will track your inquiry to a final resolution. If you've received a transfer notice regarding your case please inform the National Customer Service Center at the time you submit your inquiry. The National Customer Service Center is available Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, PST.

:mad:

mnhrdc said:
Just to share some info

I have been sending email to CSC-X11.485@dhs.gov on 1st of every month for status check and didnt recieve reply immediately. Finally after a gap of 3 months i recived from R Cruz and not from Brueno that they dont answer quiries from general public and need to contact 1-800-375-5283.

After dialing the above no# -1-2-6 (didnt work), later -1-1 bang 0 got the person on other line and informed current status that they havnt recived any background check info. Should take long time and have Patience

So if your email has not been answered call the above no. to get the info.

Even the customer service didn't gave me any status when i called them last week :mad:

heysanjeev said:
Guys,

You mean life seems empty "with" it !!! That's the strange part you know, you keep thinking life will be so very different with a GC - its just not the case. Undoubtedly, its a BIG event, takes away that weight that was always felt, somewhere, but life stays the same.

If anything, your threshold levels of taking shit at employment goes down tremendously coz there's no reason, anymore, to take it!! :) And if you wanna know how else life could change - travel overseas and come back - I just went to Canada and it was such a breeze standing in the "other" line :)

vm_gc said:

Thanks in advance.

When did you receive this email?