CSC I-485 Filing- May to Dec 2005 Tracking

ronniin said:
I don't think so. In general, what I've observed that the 485 approvals coming now are for people who have completed FP in Oct/Nov 05 time frame. There are exceptions ofcourse, but most of them have completed in that time frame.
My FP are done in March, so I'm 4 months away at the same pace.

There are theories that Name Check is independent of FP, so my theory could be wrong..

In general, there are people who could not even get an EAD because of priority date, so I guess I am lucky to have gotten an EAD atleast..
;)

I agree, most of the approvals (if not all) I have seen of late are of folks who got their FP done in Oct/Nov 05 and had RD of Aug/Sep 05. Which is sad because it is not FIFO ... my RD is July 05 and FP was done in Mar 06, and I am still awaiting background check :-(

But what the heck ... this forum lets me release the pressure because I see quite a few of us in the same boat...

By the way, I have sent another email to CSC today asking for status. Fingers crossed.

I had an LUD today with no change of message.
I believe it is due to the email that the lawyer sent last week asking for the latest status. I have not heard from her if she received any resposne from CSC

what does ur current status say. Does it say that fp is done.
For me it doesnot. It still says about received date......
just trying to find if their is anything to do with name check.
btw my fp was done in October.

Raj.

lifeislife said:
I agree, most of the approvals (if not all) I have seen of late are of folks who got their FP done in Oct/Nov 05 and had RD of Aug/Sep 05. Which is sad because it is not FIFO ... my RD is July 05 and FP was done in Mar 06, and I am still awaiting background check :-(

But what the heck ... this forum lets me release the pressure because I see quite a few of us in the same boat...

By the way, I have sent another email to CSC today asking for status. Fingers crossed.

rajrw said:
what does ur current status say. Does it say that fp is done.
For me it doesnot. It still says about received date......
just trying to find if their is anything to do with name check.
btw my fp was done in October.

Raj.

"Your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received on July 5, 2005. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 270 and 300 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete."

No FP information. Nothing.

Is this thread for CSC -> TSC transferred cases?

Is this thread intended for CSC TSC transfered cases?
Because I didn't any that kind of case.

Congrats

cavenkat said:
I got the email saying that cards are completed and mailed to me yesterday. Should be getting the cards soon :)

Cavenkat
PD : 9/23/2002
AD : 5/15/06 , Cards send out on 5/17/06
Congrats CAVenkat. Was your case transferred from CSC to TSC?

fan123 said:
After a series of LUD changes, I received an email indicating RFE on my I-485 today.

We mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case. The notice explains in detail what additional material is needed. If you have questions about the notice, what is required, or if 30 days have passed and you have not received the notice. Please contact the service center where you submitted your application during business hours....

I have not seen the RFE, should be arriving in 5-6 business days.

I have the following questions, if knowledgeable people could answer:

1. Do I get a copy of RFE from USCIS, or only lawyer gets it?
2. For what are the RFEs generally issued for in a I-485 case? I would guess Medical or Birth certificate. What else could be the reason?

I just want to be prepared to address it when it comes.

-fan123

Hello,

Can you please tell me what is the RFE about?

I have got RFE (NSC) on birth certificate and got the required documents and lawyer sent the reply to RFE today.

Basically, I am trying to estimate how much time it takes to action on the I-485 after the papers reach USCIS servic center. Offcourse, I am not sure if my name check is clear or not and my application is with the great NSC :rolleyes:

TIA

I am seeing the same message and no updates that they recd my FP's also.
Completed my Code 3 FP on March 30th 2006.
Coincidentally I also applied on the exact same date that you applied the I485 lifeislife... :)

BTW, one of my friends got his GC today. He just completed his Code 3 on April 28th 2006... :confused: :confused: Good for him :cool: but this confuses us on the INS theory again

What say gp111?

lifeislife said:
"Your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received on July 5, 2005. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 270 and 300 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete."

No FP information. Nothing.

shahramt said:
I had an LUD today with no change of message.
I believe it is due to the email that the lawyer sent last week asking for the latest status. I have not heard from her if she received any resposne from CSC
I have sent three inquiries so far. Got LUD for all three of them on the same day I recieved the e-mail reply. All saying that the namecheck is pending FBI response.

I-485: ND 08/05 FP 01/29 Inquiries 10/2005 02/2006 05/2006

pklam said:
It is heartening to see so many approvals. Congrats to all the new Permanent residents. Enjoy the freedom.
Are there anybody other than rajrw, shahramt and myself whose name check is still pending????
Mine is still pending. Maybe we should make a head count to keep track of each other...

Folks
Today I got a email saying that my wifes namecheck is awaiting response from FBI . mY 485 is approved, but this ordeal is not entirely over.

I read previously , only 1% name checks take more than 6 months (previous fbi testimony from Hardy ) If it still stands, its very likely that some of us can get out of this namecheck faster.
Based on current data from this forum it sure appears as if more than 1% are currently waiting in namecheck process

No, None of them took 30+ days to get a reply. Max was about 2 weeks.
shaaka said:
Thanks ronnin.
Is all your 4 emails have 30 days or 1 month gap between them?

Thanks
Shaaka

true, their is no such restriction. In the last reply I got from Officer Cruz, he himself asked to check back with them after 30 days.

Raj.

global_goonda said:
No - no such restriction. At worst they will just ignore your email if you send them too frequently. That 120 days number is just false information. You can choose to wait if you want to, though ;)

dvyas said:
I am seeing the same message and no updates that they recd my FP's also.
Completed my Code 3 FP on March 30th 2006.
Coincidentally I also applied on the exact same date that you applied the I485 lifeislife... :)

BTW, one of my friends got his GC today. He just completed his Code 3 on April 28th 2006... :confused: :confused: Good for him :cool: but this confuses us on the INS theory again

What say gp111?

USCIS receives Most FP results in 24 to 72 hours & FP has no connection to Name Check. In many cases (including mine) you will not see any FP related update message on website status. My status info always showed the standard message of "you i-485 was received on blah blah..." till the day of approval.

So there is no way you can define USCIS theory of FP & Approval timeline

Thanks global goonda and rajrw

Thanks global goonda and rajrw.
Initated inquiry over phone by calling customer service.

Last month 04/22 i had a message change that
"Finger printing results received and processing has resumed"

And another LUD changed on 04/24 both on mine and my wife 485.

Can i assume that my name check is cleared?? I did my finger printing in Oct 2005 and nothing changed to my 485 case at that time. Suddenly message changed and LUD changed last month and nothing this month...

Looks like officers are no longer looking at 485 cases. No LUD changes nothing on my I-485 case this month.

Let's wait and see...

Last edited by a moderator:
ronniin said:
I don't think so. In general, what I've observed that the 485 approvals coming now are for people who have completed FP in Oct/Nov 05 time frame. There are exceptions ofcourse, but most of them have completed in that time frame.
My FP are done in March, so I'm 4 months away at the same pace.

There are theories that Name Check is independent of FP, so my theory could be wrong..

In general, there are people who could not even get an EAD because of priority date, so I guess I am lucky to have gotten an EAD atleast..
;)

I did FP on April 4th & got approval on May 9th.. Also no connection between FP & namecheck

Isn't USCIS following PD for case processing? I haven't seen (in this forum) any approvals with PD after September, 2002 (India)...except for one person, but he is from AZ.....Correct me if I am wrong...

gp111 said:
USCIS receives Most FP results in 24 to 72 hours & FP has no connection to Name Check. In many cases (including mine) you will not see any FP related update message on website status. My status info always showed the standard message of "you i-485 was received on blah blah..." till the day of approval.

So there is no way you can define USCIS theory of FP & Approval timeline