CSC I-485 Filing- May to Dec 2005 Tracking

vm_gc said:
I am guessing that CSC is stopped replying to email inquiries !!!. I have not got any reply yet to my May 1st email. My name check is still pending. :-(

I-485: RD: 09/26/2005
PD: 09/21/2002

Is there any time limit for email inquiry like 30 days time limit?
If not may be we can wait for another week and initiate another email inquiry.

AC-21 letter sample

Thanks. I did not know this. I was under the impression that if there is a RFE or something only then we need to provide them the information.

does anyone have a template for the letter to be sent or some link to a sample letter?

Thanks.

gp111 said:
Dude, If you don't tell USCIS that you have changed jobs using AC-21 how they will know ? Also if your previous employer withdraws I-140 & if they don't know about AC-21, they will send you NOID .. So its in your safety to send a letter to USCIS about your job change

email reply

Guys,

Based on my recent experience and few other posting from people looks like it takes them atleast 20 days to respond so I would recommend you guys to wait until next week before trying to email them again. I think you will see something by next week.

If you don't hear back then you can initiate something by next weekend maybe.

shaaka said:
Is there any time limit for email inquiry like 30 days time limit?
If not may be we can wait for another week and initiate another email inquiry.

sksave said:
Hi Guys,

This might be a very dumb question so exceuse me if it is.

When I look at the processing dates at the url below
https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/Processtimes.jsp?SeviceCenter=California

I see some records in green and some in yellow. does anyone know what that color coding means?
Does green mean they are processing those records? and yellow is on hold or something?

thanks.

Good theory :)

Different colors are used to differentiate different application types. no there significance :eek:

name check

Mine is pending too.

Has anyone of you whose name check or bgd check pending sent an email to FBI for inquiry recently. Any response from them?

I think my RD is earlier than most of you who has recently acknowledge that their name check is pending. (but mostly we all are around that time frame)

Is anyone out there who has name check pending and has RD/ND prior to june 2005?

Does anyone know when does the name/bgd check process start as soon as 485 is filed? or after the bio metr/FP appointment?

Thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
485 application filed June.
Bio met was in Nov.

pklam said:
It is heartening to see so many approvals. Congrats to all the new Permanent residents. Enjoy the freedom.
Are there anybody other than rajrw, shahramt and myself whose name check is still pending????

When is your PD if I may ask ?

sksave said:
Mine is pending too.

Has anyone of you whose name check or bgd check pending sent an email to FBI for inquiry recently. Any response from them?

I think my RD is earlier than most of you who has recently acknowledge that their name check is pending. (but mostly we all are around that time frame)

Is anyone out there who has name check pending and has RD/ND prior to june 2005?

Does anyone know when does the name/bgd check process start as soon as 485 is filed? or after the bio metr/FP appointment?

Thanks.

Bio met was in Nov.

LUD changes :confused: :confused: :confused:

we got RFE for my wife's 485 (name change situation) ... we replied last friday. since we are 5 miles from service center they must have received it right away. now there are LUD changes sometime yesterday (5/16) and today (5/17) morning. LUD changed on all (EAD, 140, 485) cases. no message change. does this sound familier ? :confused:

PD is July 2002. EB-2
filed 140/485 combined on 9/27/2005
i-140 approved in march
EAD received in January
fingerprinting done in october.

My name check is pending since Feb, 2005. RD is Jan, 2005.
EB1-OR
PD JAN 2005
sksave said:
Mine is pending too.

Thanks.

Bio met was in Nov.

sksave said:
Hi Guys,

This might be a very dumb question so exceuse me if it is.

When I look at the processing dates at the url below
https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/Processtimes.jsp?SeviceCenter=California

I see some records in green and some in yellow. does anyone know what that color coding means?
Does green mean they are processing those records? and yellow is on hold or something?

thanks.

They are grouped by application type - and then by sub-type. All sub-types of a given application (say I-140) have the same color. The colors alternate for each application type.

rajrw said:
hi lifeislife, pklam, shahramt,

Is their anything we can do about the name check.

I called congresswoman's office, the person handling immigration said that
1. we cannot do anything other than waiting.
2. uscis checks everyweek to c if the name check is cleared.
3. The wait can be as long as 4 years - mentioned a case of 2002 getting cleared now.

Did you guys hear any namecheck case getting cleared faster.

:( Rajrw

:mad:

rajrw said:
hi lifeislife, pklam, shahramt,

Is their anything we can do about the name check.

I called congresswoman, the person handling immigration said that
1. we cannot do anything other than waiting.
2. uscis checks everyweek to c if the name check is cleared.
3. The wait can be as long as 4 years - mentioned a case of 2002 getting cleared now.

Did you guys hear any namecheck case getting cleared faster.

:( Rajrw

:mad:

No, there is really no point in calling the Congressperson in terms of expediting the process - I contacted them just to get an idea of where the case is, and I did find out for example that my case may have been incorrectly classified as EB/3.

So the point of contacting the Senator/Congressperson is not to expedite the case, but to get a clearer idea than the standard 'in process' about the case.

when u contacted congressperson, they must have made an enquiry to USCIS. Can we ask them to check the status with FBI ?

Regards,
Raj

lifeislife said:
No, there is really no point in calling the Congressperson in terms of expediting the process - I contacted them just to get an idea of where the case is, and I did find out for example that my case may have been incorrectly classified as EB/3.

So the point of contacting the Senator/Congressperson is not to expedite the case, but to get a clearer idea than the standard 'in process' about the case.

Ray S. said:
Two LUD changes on my 485 application

05/16 - 05/17

Did you email or inquire about your name status or FP results?
Did you receive the reply back from CSC?

lifey,

That was a good find. God know what the bastards have cooked for me. One curve ball after another.

I've never been in the top 1% in anything in life. It seems that finally my long cherished wish has come true. I am headed for a straight top 1% with regards to Name Check wait times.

I am honored. Big bloody suckers. Back to work.

lifeislife said:

Sure you can. Some staff are extremely dour whereas others are very helpful. Its simply your draw of luck.

What will not change is that all of them are pretty ineffective when it comes to "expediting" the request. If you are stuck, buddy, then you're stuck.

rajrw said:
when u contacted congressperson, they must have made an enquiry to USCIS. Can we ask them to check the status with FBI ?

Regards,
Raj

rajrw said:

Regards,
Raj

Yes, I had written in my letter exactly that part (about checking status of background check at FBI) ... but she came back to me with something else, which in this case was good because I could take some action on it ...