CSC I-485 Filing- May to Dec 2005 Tracking

USCIS claims my case is EB-3 :-(

I recently wrote to my Congresswoman and I received a snail mail reply from her, saying that she contacted USCIS and they responded that my case is under EB-3 and therefore, no visas are available.

I had sent her a request for FBI name check which she did not do, but what is really shocking me is that USCIS claims my case is under EB-3.

Can anyone explain what I can do to ensure that the case is filed under EB-2, as it should be?

Of course, I have emailed my lawyer asking for detailed information on the situation.

lifeislife said:
I recently wrote to my Congresswoman and I received a snail mail reply from her, saying that she contacted USCIS and they responded that my case is under EB-3 and therefore, no visas are available.

I had sent her a request for FBI name check which she did not do, but what is really shocking me is that USCIS claims my case is under EB-3.

Can anyone explain what I can do to ensure that the case is filed under EB-2, as it should be?

Of course, I have emailed my lawyer asking for detailed information on the situation.

What does your Approved I-140 says ??

Congrats

To all those who got their GC approved congrats. To those who are waiting keep the hopes alive, you will soon get it.
For all those who got their approvals recently here is my case timeline since approval (can expect yours to be similar):
May 9th: GC approved and approved letter posted.
May 10th: LUD changed but message didnt change. My guess is physical card requested.
May 12th: Got an email saying GC printed and posted.
May 13th: Got the approval letter by post.
Expecting GC sometime between 16th-19th.

Will post again once I get my GC.

gp111 said:
That's EB-2. Send a copy of I-140 approval with a letter to Senator & USCIS

Ok, she did mention that I can write back to her. Will do so.

I seriously hope there is a big mistake somewhere in the communication chain, because if I have to make them switch from EB-3 to EB-2, it is more bureaucracy to cut through :-(

And of course, she did not help much in my question on FBI name check :-(

lifeislife said:
Ok, she did mention that I can write back to her. Will do so.

I seriously hope there is a big mistake somewhere in the communication chain, because if I have to make them switch from EB-3 to EB-2, it is more bureaucracy to cut through :-(

And of course, she did not help much in my question on FBI name check :-(

You don't have to. Just ask your lawyer to make sure USCIS update their file with correct I-140 information.

I 485 Approved

All:
Approved 485 On 11 May 2006
Thank You All. Hope You Too Will Get That Good News Soon
This Forum Is My "gcgoogle" Thanks A Bunch

Details:
Rir
Labor Applied 08/2002
Labor Approved @ Dallas Backlog Center 08/2005
Applied 130/485/ead/ap In Sep 2005
Ead/ap Approved - 11/2005 {started Visiting Monster/hotjobs}
I130 Approved 03/2006
Got New Job
Changed Employer In April Just After The Magic "180" Days After 485 Application Date
485 Approved 05/11/2006
Got Mail Gc Card Posted

Vanavas - @ 4 Years

reply from CSC-XII.485 ??

Did anyone send an email after May 1st and got reply ?. I sent an email on May 1st, but haven't received any reply yet.

I got my FP done around 2 weeks back. But online status still shows original message about received application..blah...blah...

vm_gc said:
Did anyone send an email after May 1st and got reply ?. I sent an email on May 1st, but haven't received any reply yet.

I got my FP done around 2 weeks back. But online status still shows original message about received application..blah...blah...

I sent one on May 1 and have not heard from them yet either.

vm_gc said:

I sent an email on Arpil 21st and got a reply to that on May 12th, so I would say wait for some more time. My FP was done in Nov, there were LUD's on our cases but no changes in message. In fact my wife had a messag about application received and the next message change was 485 approved. So dont read too much into the messages.

volleyball said:
I sent an email on Arpil 21st and got a reply to that on May 12th, so I would say wait for some more time. My FP was done in Nov, there were LUD's on our cases but no changes in message. In fact my wife had a messag about application received and the next message change was 485 approved. So dont read too much into the messages.

We received our GC card today. Rest Good luck!!

Do attorney also gets a copy of the 485 approval

Hi,

Can somebody tell me if the attorney also receives the 485 approval letter or is it just the applicant ?

If not, then how do attorney comes to know of the 485 approval.

Thanks

jagoo said:
Hi,

Can somebody tell me if the attorney also receives the 485 approval letter or is it just the applicant ?

Thanks

Online status check or something along those lines perhaps.

jagoo said:
Hi,

Thanks

Attorney gets a copy too.

nother1inline said:
GP or anybody with info,

If you get laid off after getting your GC (within 3-4 weeks), can you claim unemployment?

Yes, as long as he/she working for last one year.

My dream came true after 4years .........

Hi All,
I am very happy to share my info. that I got sweet news from USCIS that mine amd my wife's 485's are approved. Thank you very much for Rajiv S Khanna and GP111 and all of you. Hope you all get your GC's faster too...

Cavenkat
PD :9/29/02
I-140AD : 3/25/06
I-485 : RD : 9/21/05, AD : 5/15/06

Congrats cavenkat

cavenkat said:
Hi All,
I am very happy to share my info. that I got sweet news from USCIS that mine amd my wife's 485's are approved. Thank you very much for Rajiv S Khanna and GP111 and all of you. Hope you all get your GC's faster too...

Cavenkat
PD :9/29/02
I-140AD : 3/25/06
I-485 : RD : 9/21/05, AD : 5/15/06

Congratulations...Enjoy your freedom.
When did you receive the email?