CSC I-485 Filing- May to Dec 2005 Tracking

140 approved

Received email. Online status reflects the approval too.

Updated tracker

db9 said:
LUD on 140 with no message change today (2/17). Previous LUD was 09/08/05. Does that mean anything?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fyi...

02/15/2006: DOL Target Date of Backlog Elimination - September 30, 2007

* The DOL has released the information that it will eliminate all the backlog cases by September 30, 2007. It is 18 months away. It means that over 360,000 cases will be decided within the next 18 months, opening a flood gate to the USCIS within that period of time. This will certainly affect the visa movement.

(source:www.immigration-law.com)

140 Approved, so joining this group

Hi Folks,

Wanted to join this group as my 140 got approved.

See below for my details

FP - Done - Jan 31, 2006
485 - LUD - Feb 01, 2006

Expert help needed

Currently, I am based in CA. Labor approved, I-140 approved, I-485 filed(over 6 months ago) and FP done under CSC only. I have option to make a move to same company's TX office with no change in salary and/or job title/responsibility.

Questions:
1) Is it a case of AC21? If not then should I submit for address change?
2) In case I request for address change, then will I be having my I-485 under CSC or TSC?

pd08192002 said:
Currently, I am based in CA. Labor approved, I-140 approved, I-485 filed(over 6 months ago) and FP done under CSC only. I have option to make a move to same company's TX office with no change in salary and/or job title/responsibility.

Questions:

Its a case of AC-21. Better to file AC-21 as you are already eligible for it. You should also file address change (AR11) & call customer service to update your address in I-485

2) In case I request for address change, then will I be having my I-485 under CSC or TSC?

No AC-21 OR address change will not your service center. You will still get approval from CSC

Name check + FP Questions

gp111,

Any thoughts on sending an inquiry for the status of the name check? Should this be done when one's 485 PD is current or does it not matter? Have any of you sent an inquiry for this?

Also, I had all 10 finger prints and a photograph (code 3?) taken when I went for my FP. The corresponding 485 LUD says that the FP results have been received. Is there anything else which needs to be done for FP or is this it?

Thanks.

My 140 still has no LUD after approval! The 485 LUD has changed after FP (code 3) but the message is still the same ...received...blah blah

tantan said:
Send an enquiry on 2/14 asking for an update on the 485 application. I specifically asked about the name check, whether they have rcvd the FP results, and if there is a time frame the case will be adjudicated. Got a response on 2/16 as: "Both applicants are still pending FBI name check clearance. Once the files have been cleared by FBI, the application will be adjudicated. The Service has NO control over how long it takes FBI to clear the case. -M. Bueno"

485:
RD 8/4
ND 8/5
LUD 10/7(attorney enquiry), 1/31(FP done), 2/1

Updated the XLsheet. Please take a moment and update your info if there is any.

Can you post the format of the email you send regarding your namecheck status to CSC?

Thanks

EB3 to EB2?

All,
I have a Masters Degree in Engineering, working in IT. I had 3+ years experience before joinging the company, which has my labor certified. My question is whether there a possibllity to switch to EB2 processing.

Thanks
MA001

shahramt said:
Can you post the format of the email you send regarding your namecheck status to CSC? Thanks
Nothing fancy:
"Dear Sir/Madam, I would like to get an update on the status of the following two I-485 applications: WAC05xxxxxxxx WAC05xxxxxxxx. 1. I was wondering if the name check has been cleared. 2. Whether the finger print results have been received. 3. Is there any time frame we should be expecting the decision. Thank you, My signature and title" Just to make it formal... :)

S/he replied in brief that both applicants are pending FBI name check. I got a LUD the following (maybe the same) day s/he replied.

485: RD 08/04 ND 08/05
LUD 10/07 (attorney enquiry), 1/31 (FP done), 2/1, 2/17 (my enquiry)

tantan,
what is your priority date. Are you from a retrogressed county or 'Others'. Just curious?

abu2003

gp111, First thanks for your response.

gp111, First thanks for your response. However, my attorney has different understanding and DO NOT consider it AC-21 case. Since their is no employer change here(all I am doing is changing location from CA to TX, nothing changes from job title and/or salary perspective), all is needed just address change, as suggested.

gp111 said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pd08192002

Questions:

Its a case of AC-21. Better to file AC-21 as you are already eligible for it. You should also file address change (AR11) & call customer service to update your address in I-485

No AC-21 OR address change will not your service center. You will still get approval from CSC

What do you think? Where should I get exact AC21 details?

quick question ??

I haven't been able to follow the site for a while. First an update on my case:

I-140/I-485 : ND: 7/27/2005
I-765 (spouse only): ND: 11/10/2005

We got an interim EAD for my wife from the local office on 2/11/2006
I-765 approved on 2/14/2006 :), received the card on 2/21/2006.

Here is the quick question:
We had received RFEs for our I-485s and replied to them on 2/7/2006.
I got LUDs on 2/8/2006 and 2/9/2006 on I-485s status. Nothing on I-140
application to that point. Not a LUD, not a RFE.

Today (2/21/2006), I got a LUD on I-140 application without any message
change. I also got LUDS on I-485s with a status message saying that the Adjustment of Status applications were approved, and our cards were ordered. I also received e-mails saying the same thing. What does this mean?
Can I-485 be approved without I-140 approval?

sanliergun,

no, I485 can't be approved without I140. This means your I140 is also
approved even though the message on the web page does not change.

Hayirli olsun.

nsi.

Thank you for the good news. Hey, that's great news. I'll
look for the updates on I-140.

Sagol.

nsi said:
sanliergun,

no, I485 can't be approved without I140. This means your I140 is also
approved even though the message on the web page does not change.

Hayirli olsun.

nsi.

sanliergun said:
Thank you for the good news. Hey, that's great news. I'll
look for the updates on I-140.

Sagol.

My I-140 was approved without any change of message in October and I received the approval letter a few days after the last LUD.

I have very similar LUDs on 485 as yours and our ND are also the same but have not heard anything yet. I hope I also get such an email soon.

Probably you will. Good luck.

shahramt said:
My I-140 was approved without any change of message in October and I received the approval letter a few days after the last LUD.

I have very similar LUDs on 485 as yours and our ND are also the same but have not heard anything yet. I hope I also get such an email soon.

Somebody please answer this question. I am posting it again.

I filed for 140/485 in Sep'2005 (EB2) at CSC.
On the 485 receipt, I was asked to call up the service center to fix the finger-printing appointment which I did.
I got my finger-printing done in end November'2005.
My 140 was approved in early Feb'06.
However, there has not been any LUD change on my 485 despite the finger-printing. It is still showing the initial date of receipt.

Is this normal ? Anybody else in a similar situation. Thanks in advance.