CSC I-485 Filing- May to Dec 2005 Tracking

biker said:
Somebody please answer this question. I am posting it again.

I filed for 140/485 in Sep'2005 (EB2) at CSC.
On the 485 receipt, I was asked to call up the service center to fix the finger-printing appointment which I did.
I got my finger-printing done in end November'2005.
My 140 was approved in early Feb'06.
However, there has not been any LUD change on my 485 despite the finger-printing. It is still showing the initial date of receipt.

Is this normal ? Anybody else in a similar situation. Thanks in advance.

i Got the first LUD on 485 about 50 days after FP

biker said:
Somebody please answer this question. I am posting it again.

I filed for 140/485 in Sep'2005 (EB2) at CSC.
On the 485 receipt, I was asked to call up the service center to fix the finger-printing appointment which I did.
I got my finger-printing done in end November'2005.
My 140 was approved in early Feb'06.
However, there has not been any LUD change on my 485 despite the finger-printing. It is still showing the initial date of receipt.

Is this normal ? Anybody else in a similar situation. Thanks in advance.

I file my I-485 at the end of Aug. 05. I've got 5 LUD so far, 09/08, 09/17, 09/19, 10/14, 10/17. The last two was after my FP on 10/13.

pd08192002 said:
gp111, First thanks for your response. However, my attorney has different understanding and DO NOT consider it AC-21 case. Since their is no employer change here(all I am doing is changing location from CA to TX, nothing changes from job title and/or salary perspective), all is needed just address change, as suggested.

What do you think? Where should I get exact AC21 details?

Well most :confused: lawyers know more then you & me. The Reason I suggest for AC-21 is your job will be in a different location then that mentioned on LC (.. remember, LC is location specific !!). Also AC-21 will not hurt you any way otherwise & its free (you do it your self, no attorney or forms required) so why not file it !

You can find more information/format of AC-21 at

http://www.immigrationportal.com/forumdisplay.php?f=121

sanliergun said:
Thank you for the good news. Hey, that's great news. I'll
look for the updates on I-140.

Sagol.

Congratulations on your Green Card approval !!

Enjoy your freedom & don't worry about LUDs of I-140..it may or may not change at all... why worry, you already got your I-485 !!

Thanks gp111 for the relief.

gp111 said:
Congratulations on your Green Card approval !!

Enjoy your freedom & don't worry about LUDs of I-140..it may or may not change at all... why worry, you already got your I-485 !!

"Others" has a very diabolical meaning for those who watch the hit ABC series "LOST" :))

Please guys spare me this one time for going "irrelevant" to the forum's main topic

I don't understand what is the deal with 485 processing date. Everything has moved but 485 still shows June 16th in the new processing time report.

shahramt said:
I don't understand what is the deal with 485 processing date. Everything has moved but 485 still shows June 16th in the new processing time report.
485 didn't move: https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/Processtimes.jsp?SeviceCenter=California

Somebody was suggesting that maybe CSC is clearing 140/765/131 cases for the fiscal year 05, which by the way they are very close to do so. Then 485s will be taken care of! Just a theory.

I noticed I got two contradictory responses to my two inquiries:

on 10/7, my attorney sent an enquiry asking about FP. Got a reply back that the FP will be issued when the namecheck is done.
on 1/31 FP was done.
on 2/17, I sent an enquiry which I got a response saying that my 485 is pending namecheck.

I-485: RD 08/04 ND 08/05 PD 07/2005
LUD: 10/07 (attornet enquiry), 01/31 (FP done), 02/01, 02/17 (my enquiry), no message change

I'm thinking (more lik hoping), some time in the near future
CSC will go berserk and put out approvals like hot cakes
for a short period like around the beginning of October 2005.

I got FP notice yesterday, code 1. I've already had code 2 FP last october by calling up the CSC to make the finger-printing appointment. FP notice was sent out in the same day my I-140 approved. Did that mean CSC is preparing to process my I-485? I'm from the "retro-country" and my PD is 06/05.

Last edited by a moderator:
shahramt said:

Well that date is June 16th 2005 but the PD just moved to Jan 02 from Aug 01. I am assuming that a lot of guys in that 5 month period had a 485 application date of much earlier than June 2005 and hence that date hasn't moved forward.

shahramt said:

I guess the deal is that CSC's priority is on cases with oldest
PDs and NOT on the RD of 485. That is fair. I can not complan but
this would mean new cases with not so old PD's would take
as long time as some of cases that took the longest time to process.

In computer science, this reminds me of very primitive algorithms
for some early computer OS.... :eek:

Thats not true. My priority date is early 2000 - Feb I believe -- (EB2) and 485 RD is Aug, 2005.
And even though I volunteered Finger Prints to expedite the process I received my finger print notice now. So I don't think CSC's priority is on oldest PD's. I wish it was though :) you know first in first out (first to start the process I meant, not first to apply 485 :)

Take it easy guys, better late than never.

fdfd said:
I guess the deal is that CSC's priority is on cases with oldest
PDs and NOT on the RD of 485. That is fair. I can not complan but
this would mean new cases with not so old PD's would take
as long time as some of cases that took the longest time to process.

In computer science, this reminds me of very primitive algorithms
for some early computer OS.... :eek:

You are right. Look at my PD. My name check is cleared, and e-mail
query said my case would be approved in 60 days. Still waiting. Hopeful.

nsi.

ronniin said:
Thats not true. My priority date is early 2000 - Feb I believe -- (EB2) and 485 RD is Aug, 2005.
And even though I volunteered Finger Prints to expedite the process I received my finger print notice now. So I don't think CSC's priority is on oldest PD's. I wish it was though :) you know first in first out (first to start the process I meant, not first to apply 485 :)

Take it easy guys, better late than never.

nsi said:
You are right. Look at my PD. My name check is cleared, and e-mail
query said my case would be approved in 60 days. Still waiting. Hopeful.

nsi.

Of course, there are exceptions. I feel for you guys, nsi and ronnin.
Despite some old cases not approved, there are virtually no 485 approvals
for new(er) cases from CSC (for retrogressed or not).
I'm pretty much sure CSC's priority is on the oldest PD of cases.
Although it's negative for cases with newer PD's, I think it's fair.

I-485 approved

Hi Everyone,

Finally looks like our painful green card journey is over.
I and my wife received an e-mail that our I-485 has been approved and that an approval notice has been mailed.

Thank you everyone for sharing information . This made the journey a little less painful.

Thanks especially to GP111 . you have been and are still the greatest source of information on these forumns. Really helped to have someone so knowledgable and optimistic over the past 3.5 years.

Wish you all the very best in your cases.

Regards,
nsk77

Response on name check status from M Bueno

Your fingerprints and FBI name check have cleared. However there is NO
visas available for citizens of India with priority date of 06/**/02 and classification of EB-2. Visas are only available up to priority date 08/01/01. Keep in eye on the visa bulletin board.

M. Bueno

Wonder how he doesn't know that the visas are available upto 01/01/02!!

Quick question for GP - Dude, the date June 16 2005 mentioned as the date where the 485 processing is for CSC - what is that date ? - the 485 filing date?!?

nsk77 said:
Hi Everyone,

Finally looks like our painful green card journey is over.
I and my wife received an e-mail that our I-485 has been approved and that an approval notice has been mailed.

Thank you everyone for sharing information . This made the journey a little less painful.

Thanks especially to GP111 . you have been and are still the greatest source of information on these forumns. Really helped to have someone so knowledgable and optimistic over the past 3.5 years.

Wish you all the very best in your cases.

Regards,
nsk77

Congratulation NSK77.
Good to see Old Timers getting approvals.

nother1inline said:
Your fingerprints and FBI name check have cleared. However there is NO
visas available for citizens of India with priority date of 06/**/02 and classification of EB-2. Visas are only available up to priority date 08/01/01. Keep in eye on the visa bulletin board.

M. Bueno

Wonder how he doesn't know that the visas are available upto 01/01/02!!

01/01/02 is date for March 2005 not February :)

Quick question for GP - Dude, the date June 16 2005 mentioned as the date where the 485 processing is for CSC - what is that date ? - the 485 filing date?!?

YES, But that is not hardcoded date for approvals as you can see in the case of nsk77