CSC I-485 Filing- May to Dec 2005 Tracking

shivab said:
GP111 (Gaurang)

I was reading your updates and posts in DBEC months ago.

My LC got approved in last week of Dec 05. Applied for I-140, Fedex tracking says the letter was delivered to Nebraska Service Center on Feb 13.

I am unable to get LIN# either through my employer or attorney.
Is there a way to find LIN# or periodic case status without LIN?

Appreciate your help

Regards
ShivaB

if you have piad for the applications yourself, look on the back of your checks (ask your bank for a copy).

FP question

Hi GP111,

Usually FP notice sent out after I-140 approval right? Or it can be sent anytime after you file I-485 regardless of I-140 approval??

Also, I posted another question before about RFEs on I-485, What would it be if there are RFEs.

thanks

My RFEs on I-485 were:

- my daughter's birth certicate [and other evidence that your relationship with your wife is existing, i.e. bank statement, join auto insurance, join medical insurance, income tax filing, utility, mortgage, rental agreement, etc.]
- copies of all pages of the passport including empty pages.
- copies of driver's licenses.
- W-2 forms
- letter of employment
- last 4 pay stubs

matt30 said:
Hi GP111,

Usually FP notice sent out after I-140 approval right? Or it can be sent anytime after you file I-485 regardless of I-140 approval??

Also, I posted another question before about RFEs on I-485, What would it be if there are RFEs.

thanks

sanliergun said:
My RFEs on I-485 were:

- my daughter's birth certicate [and other evidence that your relationship with your wife is existing, i.e. bank statement, join auto insurance, join medical insurance, income tax filing, utility, mortgage, rental agreement, etc.]
- copies of all pages of the passport including empty pages.
- copies of driver's licenses.
- W-2 forms
- letter of employment
- last 4 pay stubs

You did not send those document before ? Those are kind of standard document needed for I485 (my company immigration handbook)
One thing : color copy of the first few page of the passport.

I think, my lawyer sent all of it, because I gave all of that
to my lawyer, except empty pages of my passpors.

newbies said:
You did not send those document before ? Those are kind of standard document needed for I485 (my company immigration handbook)
One thing : color copy of the first few page of the passport.

sanliergun said:
I think, my lawyer sent all of it, because I gave all of that
to my lawyer, except empty pages of my passpors.
My attorney has sent selected pages of my passport... So it appears I will get an RFE.

Case Status without LIN#

Shahramt

Thanks

Unfortunately, the fee is pais to my employer and he pays to attroney. smart move!!

ShivaB

shahramt said:
if you have piad for the applications yourself, look on the back of your checks (ask your bank for a copy).

Hello

Hello all,

My PD becomes current from today. Mine is EB2 and 140 was approved in 2004 Aug but 485 was applied only in Sep 2005. FP Code 3 completed and recieved update after that. Recieved EAD and FP

Any ideas when my case will be touched. Also when will I know if I am stuck in this whole NAME CHECK thing. Just reading all the messages is freaking me out. Any ideas appreciated..

-Thanks and Good luck

it is same for me, except that FP is still not showed on the online status.
How do we know if the case is stuck in Name check?

gp111 and others,
can you please tell what should we do now? Should we send an email asking the status?

Regards,
Raj.

kolangal said:
Hello all,

My PD becomes current from today. Mine is EB2 and 140 was approved in 2004 Aug but 485 was applied only in Sep 2005. FP Code 3 completed and recieved update after that. Recieved EAD and FP

Any ideas when my case will be touched. Also when will I know if I am stuck in this whole NAME CHECK thing. Just reading all the messages is freaking me out. Any ideas appreciated..

-Thanks and Good luck

matt30 said:
Hi GP111,

thanks

FP can be sent anytime after filing I-485. People have received FPs in different time frame. Some lucky folks got FP scheduling info in I-485 receipt. Some got FP notice within few weeks of I-485 filing. Some got after I-140 approval & some (like me!) are still waiting for FP even after almost 2 months of I-140 approval

kolangal said:
Hello all,

-Thanks and Good luck

rajrw said:
it is same for me, except that FP is still not showed on the online status.
How do we know if the case is stuck in Name check?

Regards,
Raj.

Send an email to CSC-XII.485@dhs.gov & Request them to provide status .

Thanks gp111,

Is it not too early to send an email now. Though PD becomes current the processing dates for CSC is still showing June and mine is September Should I wait for a lil longer or is it ok to send an email now to enquire about the Name Check status.

Thanks...

kolangal said:
Thanks gp111,

Is it not too early to send an email now. Though PD becomes current the processing dates for CSC is still showing June and mine is September Should I wait for a lil longer or is it ok to send an email now to enquire about the Name Check status.

Thanks...

No, Its not early. We have seen I-485 approvals of Sept ND (where PD is current) also.

extra eb3 visa numbers

Guru's, I just read this in the manila website....does this mean EB3 will get an extra 50,000 visa numbers than EB2? Or is this extra visa numbers are available only to Nurses who are in EB3?

IMMIGRATION AND VISA-RELATED PROVISIONS OF H.R. 1268-THE EMERGENCY SUPPLEMENTAL APPROPRIATIONS ACT OF 2005

In recent years, the employment-based preference immigrant visa category (E3) has been “current” worldwide. In January 2005, however, visa number availability in the E3 category had regressed for applicants from mainland China, India and the Philippines. The reduction of visa number allocation was mainly due to the high demand for E3 visas in the three countries. Consequently, a large number of Filipino nurses and other professionals with E3 petitions have experienced considerable delay before immigrant visas could become available for them.

On May 11, 2005, President Bush signed H.R. 1268 (Public Law 109-13) or the Emergency Supplemental Appropriations Act of 2005. While the Act focuses largely on funding for operations in Iraq, it also contains a number of visa-related provisions. One such provision in effect makes available an additional 50,000 visa numbers for E3 applicants with petitions approved under a U.S. Department of Labor “Schedule A” Labor Certification. Applicants included in this category are Registered Nurses, Physical Therapists, Performing Artists of Exceptional Ability, and other Skilled Workers. The new law allows the recapture of unused E3 visa numbers for use in areas where they are most needed.

The processing of E3 cases affected by the recent retrogression will resume in late June 2005. The National Visa Center (NVC) and the Embassy will schedule visa interviews for the additional applicants in order of priority date and documentary qualification. E3 applicants who will benefit from the legislation will be notified as soon as implementing guidelines are established and cases can be processed.

gp111 said:
Send email to CSC-XII.485@dhs.gov today & ask about FP. Most Likely your PD will be current in April Visa Bulletin.

Once your PD become current you will get approval if everything else is done by then.

Thanks. I have sent the email.

Fingers crossed for the next visa bulletin! :)

gc_crack said:
Guru's, I just read this in the manila website....does this mean EB3 will get an extra 50,000 visa numbers than EB2? Or is this extra visa numbers are available only to Nurses who are in EB3?

IMMIGRATION AND VISA-RELATED PROVISIONS OF H.R. 1268-THE EMERGENCY SUPPLEMENTAL APPROPRIATIONS ACT OF 2005

In recent years, the employment-based preference immigrant visa category (E3) has been “current” worldwide. In January 2005, however, visa number availability in the E3 category had regressed for applicants from mainland China, India and the Philippines. The reduction of visa number allocation was mainly due to the high demand for E3 visas in the three countries. Consequently, a large number of Filipino nurses and other professionals with E3 petitions have experienced considerable delay before immigrant visas could become available for them.

On May 11, 2005, President Bush signed H.R. 1268 (Public Law 109-13) or the Emergency Supplemental Appropriations Act of 2005. While the Act focuses largely on funding for operations in Iraq, it also contains a number of visa-related provisions. One such provision in effect makes available an additional 50,000 visa numbers for E3 applicants with petitions approved under a U.S. Department of Labor “Schedule A” Labor Certification. Applicants included in this category are Registered Nurses, Physical Therapists, Performing Artists of Exceptional Ability, and other Skilled Workers. The new law allows the recapture of unused E3 visa numbers for use in areas where they are most needed.

The processing of E3 cases affected by the recent retrogression will resume in late June 2005. The National Visa Center (NVC) and the Embassy will schedule visa interviews for the additional applicants in order of priority date and documentary qualification. E3 applicants who will benefit from the legislation will be notified as soon as implementing guidelines are established and cases can be processed.

it is for Schedule A Workers (& that is why EB-3 Schedule A Workers is current for every country)

rajrw said:
hi gp111,
thank you for the info. How long does it take to get a reply from the CSC-XII.485
Regards,
Raj.

I have seen replies in less than two days.
In my case, I sent one on 21st, not received any resposne yet. Resent another one yestarday. waiting to see what happens

My 6 year H1 expires March 20th. I have my extension in place but did not apply for my wife's H4. My wife is not working anywhere using her EAD - Is that an issue or will she be out of status? Do I need to file for her H4 extension also?