CSC I-485 Filing- May to Dec 2005 Tracking

rajrw said:
when did u call the second time. I made my third inquiry yesterday.
does this mean all our cases are transferred to NSC?
is your 140 stuck too?

I called second time on 6/22, if I am not mistaken. I don't remember exact date, but it was end of June. But since I received a response, I cannot call them back for 90 days.

NSC is National Service Center, not Nebraska Service Center, by the way. The National Service Center is only handling case inquiries/status questions, not processing anything.

140 is approved long time back. Have EAD and AP ... renewed for one more year already.

Its a money-making machine for the government and the lawyers :)

Question on salary

Please someone knows this issue help me.

Now that my I-485 got approved and my company is still paying me the H-1B salary which is 20% less than salary stated in my LC. Is there any legal problem for either me or my company if they don't increase my salary to match with the LC's salary ?

Please help.

Thanks

lifeislife said:
Congresswoman's office said they will send inquiry to FBI, but I should not expect response for 6-8 weeks, maybe even more because a lot of people are sending inquiries nowadays, so the FBI may be overwhelmed!
That's exactly what I heard from the congresswoman's office. Mine has been six weeks though.

I don't think FBI is overwhelmed by inquiries. After all, there aren't that many people waiting for namecheck stuff compared to the number of people who apply for US visa overseas. Both groups go over a security check done by FBI.

For some reason, it takes these stupids more time to process us - who already live in US - than those who apply abroad.

Something's fishy here... I feel California Service Center is not handling the namecheck stuff with enough care. Data gets lost in communication between FBI and CSC. CSC refuses to re-initiate the namecheck saying it's waiting for FBI. FBI refuses to re-initiate saying only USCIS has the authority to demand so. It's a loop!

We need to reach FBI National Name Check Program directly, not through some e-mail address, or hotline. We need real addresses within FBI NNCP division.

Last edited by a moderator:
actually this is exactly the loop asking a congressman/senator can help resolve. from past posters, FBI tells the congressman/sentor if name check is indeed pending. If FBI says that its pending then you are tottally screwed.

IF fbi says that they have cleared name check but uscis says that they havent received it, then you can request lawyers

FBI has stopped responding to requests. There is still an email address. But lots of people have said that its a black hole. OF course the address works because noone has said that mails bounce. But the mails simply get deleted.

We are really screwed.

tantan said:
That's exactly what I heard from the congresswoman's office. Mine has been six weeks though.

I don't think FBI is overwhelmed by inquiries. After all, there aren't that many people waiting for namecheck stuff compared to the number of people who apply for US visa overseas. Both groups go over a security check done by FBI.

For some reason, it takes these stupids more time to process us - who already live in US - than those who apply abroad.

Something's fishy here... I feel California Service Center is not handling the namecheck stuff with enough care. Data gets lost in communication between FBI and CSC. CSC refuses to re-initiate the namecheck saying it's waiting for FBI. FBI refuses to re-initiate saying only USCIS has the authority to demand so. It's a loop!

qwerty1111 said:
actually this is exactly the loop asking a congressman/senator can help resolve. from past posters, FBI tells the congressman/sentor if name check is indeed pending. If FBI says that its pending then you are tottally screwed.

IF fbi says that they have cleared name check but uscis says that they havent received it, then you can request lawyers

FBI has stopped responding to requests. There is still an email address. But lots of people have said that its a black hole. OF course the address works because noone has said that mails bounce. But the mails simply get deleted...
Good that you reminded me. I did sent an e-mail to the FBI's NNCP back a month ago after somebody claimed that he has got a response through that e-mail two months ago.

I am a little bit pessimistic about what comgress representatives are capable to do. Do we know as a fact that FBI or USCIS has a seperate line to take care of congressional inquiries? I know attorneys inquire the same way we do.

CSC Sept 2005, stuck in name check

My I-485 RD is Sep 2005. Recently my inquiry got a response from USCIS that the decision on my I-485 application has been delayed because an investigation into my background remains open. Seems like this is stuck in name check.

Are there lots of folks from CSC who are stuck like this? If so, anyone knows what is the reason? My attorney says they have started seeing decisions on such cases, so it should not take too long. Any comments?

Is there something I can do? Will it help to contact the local senator/congressman to make an inquiry with the FBI?

thanks

dmpa said:
My I-485 RD is Sep 2005. Recently my inquiry got a response from USCIS that the decision on my I-485 application has been delayed because an investigation into my background remains open. Seems like this is stuck in name check.

Are there lots of folks from CSC who are stuck like this? If so, anyone knows what is the reason? My attorney says they have started seeing decisions on such cases, so it should not take too long. Any comments?

Is there something I can do? Will it help to contact the local senator/congressman to make an inquiry with the FBI?

thanks

i am in the same situation too. some people contact their officials but i doubt it sould help.

so your attorney says that s/he has seen cases stuck for about a year and get approved recently? if this is the case, there is little hope!

I guess only people stuck in name check are remaining in this group.

Is it true that most of the people stuck in name check could be related to lot of address changes. The theory holds true for me. Can you confirm this if it is true (just for curiosity)?

Raj

shahramt said:
i am in the same situation too. some people contact their officials but i doubt it sould help.

so your attorney says that s/he has seen cases stuck for about a year and get approved recently? if this is the case, there is little hope!

rajrw said:

Is it true that most of the people stuck in name check could be related to lot of address changes. The theory holds true for me. Can you confirm this if it is true (just for curiosity)?

Raj

i have no idea about this. I just changed my address but during the past 10 months, I was at the same place.

did you change addresses during last 5 years (mentioned in 485 biographic info).

shahramt said:
yes, I guess 3 or 4 times.

I changed my address 4 times since I filed I-485. My I-485 was approved though.

Can someone help me on the salary issue which my company doesn't pay the salary stated in the LC after greencard.

Thanks

rajrw said:

Yep. Same here. It's official that I'm one of those unlucky ones.
As I know, about 20% of name checks are taking longer than 1 year.

You I-485 is approved, for all they care, you can work for free...
don't sweat on these things anymore..go work in McDonalds for a year to relieve all the stress u built so far...:)

matt30 said:

Can someone help me on the salary issue which my company doesn't pay the salary stated in the LC after greencard.

Thanks

matt30 said:

Thanks

My 2 cents
Resigning from that company is best solution rathen than invoking fradulent intentions for obtaining GC from INS after complaning.

rajrw said:

Raj

Change of adress does not have any effects till your name check is cleared .

And you gues is right that only people left here are struck in this thread.

tantan said:
Good that you reminded me. I did sent an e-mail to the FBI's NNCP back a month ago after somebody claimed that he has got a response through that e-mail two months ago.

I am a little bit pessimistic about what comgress representatives are capable to do. Do we know as a fact that FBI or USCIS has a seperate line to take care of congressional inquiries? I know attorneys inquire the same way we do.

for Congressmen inquiries they are answerble , yes they definetly answer them back saying under process/processed/denied.

this inquiry helps in a way if your case is not touched for longtime, atleast they have to search for your file which makes it alive.

I changed my address three times during the last 5 years. Some people say that for some unlucky cases FBI contacts local offices during the namecheck process. This process tends to take a long time. Just a theory though.

Got a written response from congresswoman's office today saying that FBI is busy and cannot answer to the inquires for now!!

What a mess...

tantan said:
Got a written response from congresswoman's office today saying that FBI is busy and cannot answer to the inquires for now!!

What a mess...

HAHHAHAHA! Too busy to respond! How will they adjudicate on cases??? If there was a system which could be queried, and there was a list by which they went down, at least we would have some idea on what is going on.

No transparency at all.

tantan said:

What a mess...

According to local congressman's office, FBI is obliged to answer
congressman's inquiry by law. They also told me it's not just FBI.
They make inquiries to multiple angencies(14-15) involved
with name check. I would argue with your congresswoman based
on these.