CSC I-485 Filing- May to Dec 2005 Tracking

visa cutoff date are out

india
EB2 - jul02
EB3 - feb01 - total fuck up

Last edited by a moderator:
eb category from 140 notices

gurus, is there a way to know the employment category from the 140 approval notice/receipt notice?

I140 approval notice says under the Notice Type:
Section: Member of profession w/adv deg, or of exceptn'l ability
(example, yours may be different)
The abovementioned is EB2. Look up descriptions on USCIS site.

qwerty1111 said:
GP, nother1inline how often can we send queries to CSC.XII@485 ?

Qwerty - I don't think there's a rule against the number of times you can query them! Wait for a reasonable length of time and resend - I don't see any harm in that, at all.

i am stuck in namecheck .

isn't namecheck required for all nationalities? If yes, for the processing time of namecheck, does it depend on which country we are from?

Thanks

Is there any way to know the visa numbers status for the FY'06. Half the fiscal year is over and there's always a risk of those numbers running out for the year!

Are these guys moving the PDs in accordance with the availability of the visa numbers? Other wise there won't seem to be any point of becoming current :))

matt30 said:
isn't namecheck required for all nationalities? If yes, for the processing time of namecheck, does it depend on which country we are from?

Thanks

I don't think so. All cases must pass the name check and I don't think
the nationality affects the processing time. However, if you're from big
country, I guess there probably are higher number of records with
similar(or same) names, theoretically.. Then there are smaller country
with lots of common name. So not necessarily advantage.

what is reasonable time ? 1 month ? 2 weeks ?

I am just dead afraid that the CSC guys get pissed off and start issusing nasty RFEs on my app !!!

Priority Apr2002. No FP

Priority date Apr2002. EB2 own. RD is 05/17
not even a FP notice. I am thinking I am one of these who is screwed.

New dates for april show July2002. Any one there with similar issues? I see some folks from may2005, june2005 Rd waiting for FP. Dont know why.

san_user said:
Priority date Apr2002. EB2 own. RD is 05/17
not even a FP notice. I am thinking I am one of these who is screwed.

New dates for april show July2002. Any one there with similar issues? I see some folks from may2005, june2005 Rd waiting for FP. Dont know why.

Don't wait for FP. Ask your attorney to send request for FP, you still have 20 days to go before your PD becomes current & enough time to get FP done by then.

You can also send email to CSC-XII.485@dhs.gov & ask about FP. :)

GP111,

I know that you did send an email to request your FP from CIS. How does it come along?

The email I sent 2 weeks ago was asking for FP too. I have not heard anything since from CIS.

Thanks

gp111 said:
Don't wait for FP. Ask your attorney to send request for FP, you still have 20 days to go before your PD becomes current & enough time to get FP done by then.

You can also send email to CSC-XII.485@dhs.gov & ask about FP. :)

matt30 said:
GP111,

I know that you did send an email to request your FP from CIS. How does it come along?

The email I sent 2 weeks ago was asking for FP too. I have not heard anything since from CIS.

Thanks

I got response in about a week that they will schedule FP soon. Then again got email from them about my FP scheduled on 04/04. Now I am waiting for FP notices by snail mail

Name check pending

gp111,

I received a reply from CSC-XII.485@dhs.gov saying my name check was pending clearance. My PD becomes current in April. I was wondering if there's anything I can do over the next 3 weeks. Do you think there's any way to expedite the name check process? Does contacting a senator help?

Thanks!

I am in the same situation. Will be thankful if someone can suggest something.

db9 said:
gp111,

I received a reply from CSC-XII.485@dhs.gov saying my name check was pending clearance. My PD becomes current in April. I was wondering if there's anything I can do over the next 3 weeks. Do you think there's any way to expedite the name check process? Does contacting a senator help?

Thanks!

db9 said:
gp111,

Thanks!

There is nothing much we can do to expedite the process. Contacting senators helps in some cases, but 3 weeks are not enough for that, you can still try.

Hi Gurus,

ONE URGENT SAWAAL....

there has been no LUDs on either mine or my wife's 485 so far.

Does this mean that we have been trapped in name-check.

Pl...Pl..Pl....somebody answer.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator: