CSC I-485 Filing- May to Dec 2005 Tracking

RFE on 485

Just now received email for my wife's 485 for RFE.

on ... we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case ....

:confused: Waiting for actual RFE..

No updates for my 485.

:) Sent emails for status update on 03/01 and 03/10. No response yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
What next after FP?

Gurus,

Can someone tell me what the next steps are after FP is done. Both me and my wife got our notices and got our FP done in October. We also had LUDs reflecting that in October 2005. No LUD after that. My PD is March 2003 (not current). What happens now? Does it make sense for me to query?

Thanks,

Rajib

Message!!

rajrw said:
hi pklam,
can you please tell when you sent the email. I am still waiting for a response, its been two weeks now.
Thanks,
Raj.

I sent the email on 8th March in the afternoon and got an email on monday morning i.e. 13th march. I was surprised by the quick response.

rajibghosh said:
Gurus,

Can someone tell me what the next steps are after FP is done. Both me and my wife got our notices and got our FP done in October. We also had LUDs reflecting that in October 2005. No LUD after that. My PD is March 2003 (not current). What happens now? Does it make sense for me to query?

Thanks,

Rajib

Nothing required from your side now.. Also you PD is still bit far from current date so no use of query ( you will get a standard reply "Visa not available for your case"). Send an query when you see your PD becoming current in Visa Bulletin.

So for approval, the date of filing 485 is not as important apparently, right? It's more of the PD and since I already have the mail from Mr. Bueno that my name check is over, I guess I shud be expecting an approval in the month of April!! Sounds so incredulous I can't tell you guys - really.

Also, another quick question/clarification - as you pointed out GP - you are in status once you file for AOS - so it doesn't really matter if the spouse is not using the EAD or does the spouse has to have using the EAD to work somewhere to continue in status?

nother1inline said:
So for approval, the date of filing 485 is not as important apparently, right? It's more of the PD and since I already have the mail from Mr. Bueno that my name check is over, I guess I shud be expecting an approval in the month of April!! Sounds so incredulous I can't tell you guys - really.

Also, another quick question/clarification - as you pointed out GP - you are in status once you file for AOS - so it doesn't really matter if the spouse is not using the EAD or does the spouse has to have using the EAD to work somewhere to continue in status?

EAD has no connections with Status. Once you file I-485 you are in Legal Status.

I 140 approved

Nice to join you folks in this forum. GP, I have quick question. My Labor PD is May 2002 and the current processing date is july 2002. But if I take 485 ND date the proc dates says June 16 and mine is Sept 29th. So what do you think the prob time frame mine might come for review.I am EB2 category. Throwing some ligh ton this help a lot.

saremari said:
Nice to join you folks in this forum. GP, I have quick question. My Labor PD is May 2002 and the current processing date is july 2002. But if I take 485 ND date the proc dates says June 16 and mine is Sept 29th. So what do you think the prob time frame mine might come for review.I am EB2 category. Throwing some ligh ton this help a lot.

If you are from India your PD will become current on April 01, 2005 ( If you are not From India, your PD is current already). So send an email on April 01, 2005 & request for approving your case. If Name Check is done for your case you will get approval some time in April.

Thanks Gp.Yes I am from India and so couple of weeks before it gets current. I will wait and see after all after so many years, couple of weeks dont look too long.

saremari said:

I am in a similar situation except that I have recd. response that my name check is complete. I'd suggest, check on the name check so you are sure. As for the 485 processing date, we've seen guys with much later dates get cleared as long as their PD comes current. I think it used to resolve FIFO only if the PD's of multiple applicants are being considered - anyway, I don't know how many of us really believe this whole thing is FIFO :)

Hi Nortern,

Can you please tell me how to go about checking if the name check is done or not?

nother1inline said:
I am in a similar situation except that I have recd. response that my name check is complete. I'd suggest, check on the name check so you are sure. As for the 485 processing date, we've seen guys with much later dates get cleared as long as their PD comes current. I think it used to resolve FIFO only if the PD's of multiple applicants are being considered - anyway, I don't know how many of us really believe this whole thing is FIFO :)

nother1inline
when did u complete your finger print? is it code 3?

nother1inline said:

ronniin said:
nother1inline
when did u complete your finger print? is it code 3?

They took all 10 fingers and picture so I think it was code 3. Also to answer the earlier question, you should send out an email to CSC-XII.485@dhs.gov to check status on the name check - good luck to both of you

Got response for my 485 inquiry from M.Bueno

Guys, can somebody tell me what this means:

The I-485's at question have been assigned to an officer for review at this time. You should receive a transaction
notice within 30 days.

M. Bueno

I got this response for an inquiry about my 485, does anybody know what this means?

-RagsGC

nother1inline
Thanks for the info. I was also wondering when did u complete your FP?
(would be helpful if you can give a approx date that you've completed)
Thanks in advance

nother1inline said:
They took all 10 fingers and picture so I think it was code 3. Also to answer the earlier question, you should send out an email to CSC-XII.485@dhs.gov to check status on the name check - good luck to both of you

M. Bueno's response [I-485 inquiry]

Guys:

Received the following from the M/s Bueno about the 485 inquiry,

Quote>>
The I-485 at question is still pending FBI name check clearance. Once the file has been cleared by FBI, the file will be adjudicated. The Service has NO control over how long it takes FBI to clear the case.
Unquote>>

Your thoughts & comments would help:
-- Does this mean my FP/ Biometric verification's done?
-- How long should the name check take? Any way to track where this is struck or headed?

cheers,
ds

FBI Name check

After Inquiring with CSC [B]CSC-XII.485@dhs.gov [/B] by email ,Surprisingly after 6 hours later Mr.Beuno's automated immediate reply letter was recieved stating FBI Name check is pending for principal Applicant.

This may be of help

Please send a name check inquiry to FBI. This is not gaurenteed to get a replay, however nothing to loose.

Fwd: RE: Name check and Status check of I-485
To: fbinncp@ic.fbi.gov

Dear Sir

It is understood from CSC that my case is still
pending with FBI for Name check. Reuest to expedite at earliest

Name : AVG JOE
DOB : 01-20-1960
ALIEN # A99 054 NNN
Reciept No. # WAC05-256-52NNN

EMAIL ID:mnhrdc@yahoo.com

Appreciate your Help and status in the regard.

Thanking you
mnhrdc

Let us wait when FBI will send the reply.

nother1inline said:

To Principal and al derivate Applicants

1.Filing I-485 and untill Adjudication they are in Legal status.
2.EAD is a must and be valid if required to Work anywhere in US.
3.EAD can be used for secondary jobs if continue to work with principal sponsor.
4.AP must be availble and should be valid if required to Travel outside the country

All said and done All depts of Govt does not know this. I have trouble with DMV in renewal of Driver license for dependents. They demand SSN or an VISA
For this reason i have to apply for EAD to my depndent members to obtain a ssn even though they may not work. :-(

mnhrdc said:
To Principal and al derivate Applicants
Just adding some comments
1.Filing I-485 and untill Adjudication they are in Legal status.
2.EAD is a must and be valid if required to Work anywhere in US.
If you have H1, EAD is not required
3.EAD can be used for secondary jobs if continue to work with principal sponsor.
4.AP must be availble and should be valid if required to Travel outside the country
Do not need AP if you are in H1/H4 status

All said and done All depts of Govt does not know this. I have trouble with DMV in renewal of Driver license for dependents. They demand SSN or an VISA
For this reason i have to apply for EAD to my depndent members to obtain a ssn even though they may not work. :-(

Where's my FP notice?

Can someone give me a rough idea when I can get my FP notice from CSC? My case is I-140/I-485 concurrent filed on Jan 2006. No retro. I know someone got FP in a month but others waited for months. Is it pretty random? What about FBI name check? When can I expect? :confused: