CSC I-485 Filing- May to Dec 2005 Tracking

On the flip side, they have regained their crown as the undisputed bastards among all service centers.

Just look at the other service centers nebraska is processing FEB06 !!!

tantan said:
Unbielevable! It hasn't moved forward since 11/18/2005. That's almost four months. They used to move 1-2 week every 1-2 months. Find older updates at http://www.aila.org/content/default.aspx?bc=1016|8767|6740|18542 and the latest at https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/Processtimes.jsp?SeviceCenter=California

PD date question.

Hi,
I received my I140 approval notice from my attorney only today and PD in the approval notice is wrong. Attorney has written that he'll contact USCIS but does anyone have/had this problem and how long did it take to get it corrected. Since the Apr visa bulletin is round the corner where i expect the dates to move past my PD, want to make sure the record is straightened.

Please Help me understand this email

Hello all,

I sent an email enquiry to CIS email id last week asking if my Name Check has been cleared and received a reply today as follows

"Visas are available at this time for your I-485 application. The I-485 will be pulled from

the file room and forwarded to the monthly Processing shelf. The file will than be assigned

to an officer for review. A decision or transaction should take place within 90 days.

M. Bueno"

Does this mean that my name check has been cleared. He has not said anything specific about Name check being cleared. Would appreciate your input on this.

PD - became current March 1st
140 - Approved
485 - RD - Sep 05

Thanks

kolangal said:
Hello all,

I sent an email enquiry to CIS email id last week asking if my Name Check has been cleared and received a reply today as follows

"Visas are available at this time for your I-485 application. The I-485 will be pulled from

the file room and forwarded to the monthly Processing shelf. The file will than be assigned

to an officer for review. A decision or transaction should take place within 90 days.

M. Bueno"

Does this mean that my name check has been cleared. He has not said anything specific about Name check being cleared. Would appreciate your input on this.

140 - Approved
485 - RD - Sep 05

Thanks

It is good to hear this. this means that they are processing new files that are current.

Can you tell me what exactly you write in the subject of your email to CSC. I guess either they don't like me!! or they don't read my emails due to a technicality

shahramt

Subject was

"Status of I-485 Application for Self and Spouse"

And body directly jumped to details of my case thats it.

Hope this helps

kolangal said:
Hello all,

M. Bueno"

140 - Approved
485 - RD - Sep 05

Thanks

It means your name check is indeed clear, if it wasn't you would have got the name check pending message.

You should expect an approval in the next 30 to 60 days at the latest.

hi kolangal,
I sent the enquiry on the same day as you. But I guess I am not that lucky.
Can you please send the body of the email as well with XXXX in the case case numbers. When did you get the reply?
Thanks
Raj.

kolangal said:
Subject was

"Status of I-485 Application for Self and Spouse"

And body directly jumped to details of my case thats it.

Hope this helps

rajrw

Here it is..very straighforward....i got the reply this morning....now i am wondering if they even checked it in the system....just by looking at all the details in the email the reply might have been very general....anyways now it is a waiting game..hope i hear something in the next couple of months....

Hello Madam/Sir,

We wanted to enquire the status of our NAME CHECK and I-485 application . Here are our details

Our Case #s are as follows

A(Self) - XXXXXXX
B(Spouse) - XXXXXXX

Recipt #s are as follows

A(Self) - XXXXXXXXXXX
B(Spouse) - XXXXXXXXXXX

Our Code 3 Finger Printing has been completed. Our priority date has become current from March 1st 2006. Can we know if our NAME CHECK has been cleared and also when our applications will be processed.

Other details:

Service center - CSC
Labor Filed - XXX
Labor approved – XXX
I – 140 applied – XXX
I – 140 approved – XXX
I – 485 Filed XXX

Thanks and will appreciate your help on this

Name

kolangal said:
Hello all,

M. Bueno"

140 - Approved
485 - RD - Sep 05

Thanks

You will get approval in next 2 to 4 weeks like many others who got approved soon after similar message. This also means your NC is cleared.

Hello KolanGal
Can you disclose when you've completed your code 3 biometrics? Just want to get an idea how long it took for you.

kolangal said:
Here it is..very straighforward....i got the reply this your help on this

Name[/I]

Thank You.

What are Case #s? I find only the receipt numbers on the 485 Receipt. How do you get the case number?

Regards,
Raj.

kolangal said:
Here it is..very straighforward....i got the reply this morning....now i am wondering if they even checked it in the system....just by looking at all the details in the email the reply might have been very general....anyways now it is a waiting game..hope i hear something in the next couple of months....

Hello Madam/Sir,

We wanted to enquire the status of our NAME CHECK and I-485 application . Here are our details

Our Case #s are as follows

A(Self) - XXXXXXX
B(Spouse) - XXXXXXX

Recipt #s are as follows

A(Self) - XXXXXXXXXXX
B(Spouse) - XXXXXXXXXXX

Our Code 3 Finger Printing has been completed. Our priority date has become current from March 1st 2006. Can we know if our NAME CHECK has been cleared and also when our applications will be processed.

Other details:

Service center - CSC
Labor Filed - XXX
Labor approved – XXX
I – 140 applied – XXX
I – 140 approved – XXX
I – 485 Filed XXX

Thanks and will appreciate your help on this

Name

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi pklam,

I had incorrect PD in I-140 approval notice. AD: 17-Oct-2005. My attorney found that right away and requested for correction. It took 4 weeks to get this correction. Received corrected I-140 approval notice on 17-Nov-2005. But, approval date is same 17-Oct-2005. See my signature.

Don't worry about this correction, since this wouldn't affect your I-140 approval status and hence your I485 processing.

Good luck !

Regards,
dkgdkg.

pklam said:
Hi,
I received my I140 approval notice from my attorney only today and PD in the approval notice is wrong. Attorney has written that he'll contact USCIS but does anyone have/had this problem and how long did it take to get it corrected. Since the Apr visa bulletin is round the corner where i expect the dates to move past my PD, want to make sure the record is straightened.

qwerty1111 said:
On the flip side, they have regained their crown as the undisputed bastards among all service centers.

Just look at the other service centers nebraska is processing FEB06 !!!
Q: 1- Does CSC initiates namecheck upon receiving the 485 application?
2- If not when does the namecheck process begin?
3- Do other processing centers use the same platform for namecheck?
4- If yes, how Nebraska can be processing Feb06, while there are sizable percentage of us from Jul and Aug pending namecheck?

What do you guys think?

rajrw said:
Thank You.

What are Case #s? I find only the receipt numbers on the 485 Receipt. How do you get the case number?

Regards,
Raj.

Case #s are the A-XXXXXXXXX which is on the reciept

kolangal said:
Case #s are the A-XXXXXXXXX which is on the reciept

Cases number (is receipt number) starts with WAC (for CSC), LIN (for NSC), EAC (for VSC) and SAC (for TSC).

Alien numbers is "A" number (starts with A)

GP - posting again if you have an answer

Need some inputs GP

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, if I have my spouse start a company on EAD and I start working for it, can I still prove that I am working in similar capacity or will the approving authorities smell a rat coz of the spouse being involved

Status - 140 approved and almost 7 months over since filing 485

This is new to me.
Can I have my Spouse (I'm the main application) be part (Active Partner with about 50% share) of any business venture with EAD, while our I-485 is pending?

Please let me know or provide any URL's.

Sorry for posting something unrelated to I-485 status.

nother1inline said:
Need some inputs GP

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, if I have my spouse start a company on EAD and I start working for it, can I still prove that I am working in similar capacity or will the approving authorities smell a rat coz of the spouse being involved

nother1inline said:
Need some inputs GP

Yes You can do it & No problems from USCIS side as long as the new company (owned by your spouse) is ready to answer any RFE that might come along with rest of your I-485 process. The most likely RFE you will get is the Job is PERMENANT or not. Means if you will be doing contracting, what are your long term prospects etc.

I have know folks who started company by them self on EAD basis, worked for the company using AC-21 & got their Green Card.