CSC August 2005 Filing I-140 Tracking

I140 is not moving fast in CSC

gc_line said:
Perm_faq,
I am noticing this from last few days, you are a pretty negative person.
I request we all need some +ve energy flowing into the forum, so please be positive.
Its always helps!!!

As I-140 is taking longer and longer, this frustration, we need to understand. Even my RD is in Sept. 2005. So, I am kind of waiting in a month or two. But if CSC moves 1day a case, it really irritates. I can understand Perm_Faq's point.

Cavenkat
I-140 : RD: Sept.20th 2005

gc_line,

Well thats the fact I said. Nearly for 6 service center processing reports, CSC is hardly moved any thing, while other service centers are running at blazing speed. I don't know how close you are looking at it, but I -or- any one on this thread says the same thing. Do you know, the processing times at VSC, TSC? they are into Nov-Dec time-frame, though they donot have big facility or big number of contractors. By the way, have you got a chance to look at CSC office. Its really BIG. Multi-storeyed. Okaay.... leave I140 cases.

Have you got a chance to look at the Ombudsman report on various USCIS Service Centers? Look at it, then you will know what I am talking about. CSC being in the most populous state of the country, it should really work hard.

Anyways...folks...Iam not pointing to any one in this message. Iam expressing my opinion/concern seeing the slowest processing times for last few months. I think I deserve to express my opinion. Actually, I was expecting atleast some wort of nice jump in this [today's] report. But it still stuck with the same "August" thing.

Okaay.....lets STOP this topic .....right here.... There is nothing that any one can do about it. Learn to live with it.

:p

gc_line said:
Perm_faq,
I am noticing this from last few days, you are a pretty negative person.
I request we all need some +ve energy flowing into the forum, so please be positive.
Its always helps!!!

unitednations

You are right. Resource allocation created the problem for CSC.

unitednations said:
Here is my experience.

I filed I-140 on August 8th. It was approved in third week of October.

Same company, another one was filed August 15th. It was approved last Friday.

Note: the above two cases were not the norm. they had been denied before and re-filed on same labor with a lot more information and they got approved.

My experience is that when a service center gets very speed; and California was very speedy with I-140's in late summer that when they get too fast and they don't have many cases, they re-deploy their employees to other types of immigration benefits which have longer delays.

Texas service center started shipping their I-130 cases to California and california probably deployed their I-140 workers to the I-130 cases. Now that the I-140's are pushing six month time frame, california service center will start going back and approving the I-140 cases.

Same thing happened with Vermont. For six months the processing time didn't move from February/March 2005. Later on it came out that vermont had re-deployed some of their adjudicators to the local offices to help clear their backlog. Now, vermont is getting faster again because they brought back their adjudicators and I-140's are starting to become more of a priority.

It is routine among service centers that if they get too fast on one type of case, they will re-deploy their workers to other types of cases.

Just hang in there, they will start adjudicating them.

matt30,

Actually, those were NIW cases. What we are seeing "Auguest 16th" story is for EB2 and EB3.

I think you understood the other issue regarding FP. Did you?

matt30 said:
We saw a few approvals that have ND up to first week of Sept-2005. How come the processing date from CSC is different??

What is going on??

Last edited by a moderator:
I-140 approved but no FP yet..

Hi All,
I got an email today from USCIS stating that my I-140 had been approved. I checked on USCIS website and found the same statue. However, I wonder why I have not received any FP notice so far where as I see all others getting FP(some or other code) notice from USCIS soon after filing for I-485. I got my EAD and AP long time ago within a month after my petitions were filed.
Can I expect my FP notice some time soon as I already got I140 approval OR Is it because my case was filed for consulate processing in India(which I have to confirm with my attorney)?. When can I expect my I-485 approval as per the current trend?
Those of you who are knowledgeable on this, please shed some light on my situation.

VJ4GC.

RIR EB-2 CSC
I-140/I485 RD: 9/2/2005 ND: 9/6/2005
PD:01/2002

Congrats

Excellent News, this confirms that CSC is now processing Sept. cases

FP has no relation with 140, I think it is due to ur consular processing that you have not received ur FP notice.

vj4gc said:
Hi All,
I got an email today from USCIS stating that my I-140 had been approved. I checked on USCIS website and found the same statue. However, I wonder why I have not received any FP notice so far where as I see all others getting FP(some or other code) notice from USCIS soon after filing for I-485. I got my EAD and AP long time ago within a month after my petitions were filed.
Can I expect my FP notice some time soon as I already got I140 approval OR Is it because my case was filed for consulate processing in India(which I have to confirm with my attorney)?. When can I expect my I-485 approval as per the current trend?
Those of you who are knowledgeable on this, please shed some light on my situation.

VJ4GC.

RIR EB-2 CSC

a FP related question

I have applied for I-140 and I-148 on Nov.15th. I recieved my AP 2 days ago. I am planning to have a trip to my country (which is not India or China). so I am worried about this FP appointment which they are going to set. I don't know usually how long it takes to get this notice (after getting AP). so my question is that after recieving the AP how long usually takes to get this FP appointment and how many days are there between getting this notice and the date which I should be there for FP. because probably I will be out of US for about one or two month.

so I will be thankful if somebody helps me to understand what is going on. BTW I will use the AP for entering to US.

nsk77 said:
CSC prcocessing dates are out

I-140 EB2 show August 16th
I -485 still on June 16th 2005

Congrats! Is yours an NIW case?

vj4gc said:
Hi All,

VJ4GC.

RIR EB-2 CSC

I-140 cleared on EB2 PERM Case: ND sept 02

Perm_FAQ,

You are one of the biggest contributors of this valuable thread, and are lately a bit, undertandably, frustrated by the Aug.16 EB2 processing date. I think the Aug.16 processing date is a bit conservative. My early september PERM EB2 case is approved yesterday, and we have seen in this forum numerous late August cases cleared. I guess there is a big chance that yours is cleared by next update. Wish you the best.

vj4gc said:
Hi All,

VJ4GC.

RIR EB-2 CSC

COngratulations on I-140 approval.

Send an email (directly or thru attorney) to CSC asking about FP. They generally responds in 48 hours. For my case they replied that " FP will be scheduled in next 30 days"

NIW?..No, I am from India..
BTW, I wonder how FP is related to the whole GC process as I haven't received FP notice yet whereas most of the applicants are usually issued immediately after I140/I485 filing..

Thanks..

RIR EB-2 CSC
I-140/I485 RD: 9/2/2005 ND: 9/6/2005, I140 AD-02/08/06

Thanks gp111...
Can you please let me know the CSC email id so that I will send n email to them....

RIR EB-2 CSC

vj4gc said:
Thanks gp111...
Can you please let me know the CSC email id so that I will send n email to them....

RIR EB-2 CSC

to CSC-XII.485@dhs.gov

Sub : Finger Print Schedule for I-485 WAC-02xxxxxxxxxx

Dear Sir/Madam:

This is regarding I-485s

xxxxxx, xxxxxx
WAC-xx-xxxxxx

&

xxxxxxxxxx
WAC-xxxx

The above mentioned I-485 was filed on xxxxx with receipt date of
xxxx. But till now, there is not notice for finger print.
Please check it.

thanks for your high attention to this matter.

Processing dates at CSC

Though the date is officially at Aug 16th, as is clear they are processing about 2 weeks earlier than that. This has always been the case. What baffles me, however, is how come there are so many cases with earlier (way earlier) dates that are still awaiting processing!!!

nother1inline said:
Though the date is officially at Aug 16th, as is clear they are processing about 2 weeks earlier than that. This has always been the case. What baffles me, however, is how come there are so many cases with earlier (way earlier) dates that are still awaiting processing!!!

I meant 2 weeks later!

cnqj,

Thanks for your best wishes!

Infact, I wasn't expecting Auguest 16th processing date in yesterday's report. Though the date seems more conservative, but it is more of a concern when it is stuck with that date for long, long time. It would be great if they report September 2nd, 3rd (1st week) in their next report due around last week of this month.

cnqj said:
Perm_FAQ,

You are one of the biggest contributors of this valuable thread, and are lately a bit, undertandably, frustrated by the Aug.16 EB2 processing date. I think the Aug.16 processing date is a bit conservative. My early september PERM EB2 case is approved yesterday, and we have seen in this forum numerous late August cases cleared. I guess there is a big chance that yours is cleared by next update. Wish you the best.

azamani123

There is no hard and fast rule to say when does CSC sends out FP notice. As you may have seen so many people complaining about "not receiving" FP notice though they have received EAD/AP and even I140 got approved. It doesn't matter you are from a retrogressed or non-retrogressed country. If you are in CSC Jurisdiction, then you will face the same kind of delays (in FP) as others. Only it matters in 485 stage, if you are from non-retro country. Other than that there is no special handling..

Here is some idea(s) may that can help you to get rough idea about that.

1. Try calling CSC Cust. Service and ask them what is the next available appointment for fingerprints at your local ASC. That will give you worst case or minimum duration, if they ship your FP notice immediately [though there is no guarantee].

2. Lets say, if you miss the appointment date for whatever the reason. You can call them back and re-schedule it.

Consider the above options, if you *really wanted* to take overseas trip.

azamani123 said:
I have applied for I-140 and I-148 on Nov.15th. I recieved my AP 2 days ago. I am planning to have a trip to my country (which is not India or China). so I am worried about this FP appointment which they are going to set. I don't know usually how long it takes to get this notice (after getting AP). so my question is that after recieving the AP how long usually takes to get this FP appointment and how many days are there between getting this notice and the date which I should be there for FP. because probably I will be out of US for about one or two month.

so I will be thankful if somebody helps me to understand what is going on. BTW I will use the AP for entering to US.