CSC August 2005 Filing I-140 Tracking

perm_faq said:
greetings!!

I guess this time in the visa bulletin, we will see EB2 cut-off moving further beyond OCT-2002, based on this case approval. Couple of more days to go for the next Visa Bulletin and Service Center Processing Times.

God is Great!

:p

he is not from retro countries

I-140 Approved

Just wanted to let you know that my I-140 has been updated. I did not get any RFE. :)

I received email confirmation and LUD was also updated with approval message.

My case status is:

EB3 /RIR/ CA
I-140...RD= August 30, 2005

I-140 Approved

Just wanted to let you know that my I-140 has been approved. I did not get any RFE. :)

I received email confirmation and LUD was also updated with approval message.

My case status is:

EB3 /RIR/ CA
I-140...RD= August 30, 2005

I-140 Approved

just received the e-mail from USCIS that my I-140 has been approved yesterday.

EB3
PD: June 2002
Labor Approved June 2005, received only in August 2005
ND for I-140: August 30, 2005
I-140 Approved February 6, 2006.

I-485 waiting to be filed, till who knows when :mad: .

congrats!!!!!!

Only3moreYears said:
Just got an email from USCIS that my 140 AND 485 are approved! :D I had no LUD on either case before today. Details below. :)

Best wishes to all here, and thanks everyone for making this thread useful. :eek:

------------------------------------------------------------------------
CA EB2/RIR
PD: Oct 2002
labor cert approved in Aug 2005
------- RD----------ND---------LUD------------AD----
140: 8/24/05-----8/26/05------8/26/05------02/06/06
485: 8/24/05-----8/26/05-----10/15/05----- 02/06/06
765: 8/24/05-----8/26/05-------------------09/28/05
131: 8/24/05-----8/26/05-------------------10/06/05

Good for you!! Hopefully, I want to be in the same boat in two to three months!!! CSC seems to work again!

DocPC

CA EB2/RIR PD: Sep 03
140/485/765/131 RD 11/25/05 LUD 11/29/05
no FP, no LUD updates at all :confused: :mad: :eek: :( :cool:

Oh!

I didn't knew that he is from Non-Retrogressed country. That make sense, why his 140, 485 both are approved at the same time and with in a very short period of time.

I think, no one can change the fate of retrogressed countries. They all have to sit in the pipeline atleast for another couple of years. I will be glad, if President Bush can speed-up the "backlog ellimination" efforts. Whats the point in accumulating all the cases, piling-up in dust, re-doing the documents like I-683 (medicals) as they expire in year and half and paying huge money to civil doctors...blah, blue. Immigration department is the only federal agency that is still in 15th century in this country. Not sure, when does these people recognize it. According to Ombudsman Report, that I pointed out yesterday, made lot of recommendation & suggestions to DHS & USCIS. They have to streamline the whole process to meet President's 5-year backlog elimiation plan. This year, President Bush has made budgetary allocation of $111 mil to DHS. And last year, USCIS has picked-up $64 mil towards I-129's premium processing fees and whopping $500-$600 mil for the other immigration premium cases. Where is that money is going? Why they don't understand the need of the hour? ...... there are tons of questions to ask them.

My opinion.....We all are helpless, Nothing can be done rather than giving them audience....very patiently and wait until they come-up with some thing.

God is great!
:p --> :rolleyes:

shahramt said:
he is not from retro countries

Last edited by a moderator:
DOL BEC - Picking-Up Pace of Adjudication

There you see another Tsunami is coming at us. First of all, USCIS is still struggling with it current load of applications [Remember: There were about 865,000 I485 applications are still pending with USCIS, close to 250,000 EADs, Millions and Zillions of other stuff.....].

Folks, Can you guys just imagine...what happens to current backlogs if there is a big wave of Labor Certifications from DOL [I mean: 245(i) cases, Old RiRs, blah, blah...]. This is a kind of scary, Right? Will USCIS Stagnate? Will ever our applications come out of the pipe?

Wake-up USCIS, DHS. Now its your turn to revamp your entire system, like DOL did it last year with new PERM program.

God is Great!, but my head is rolling seeing all this.
:rolleyes:

I-140 Approved

gp111 said:
Yes I-140 notice includes Priority Date & Category (EB-1/2/3/4/5). Which is important for I-485 filing & approval.

here is a sample

Received an email from USCIS saying it has been approved. Waiting for lawyer to receive the docs.

Is an approval notice all you get for I-140 approval, or are there any other docs as well?

For changing job under AC21, what documents should one have in his/her possession? For example, my lawyer had the original I-485 receipt notice with him - I had to get it from him on some pretext. I would not want to leave any documents I may need for getting my GC, with the lawyer since I cannot rely on him once I change my job.
Any other advice on AC-21, assuming that the current employer and his lawyer will turn hostile once I change my job?

still waiting for my 140

My case (140 RD 8/1/05) is still pending at CSC without any LUD (only 1 LUD on 8/4/05), while I am seeing so many august 140 approvals here. What could be happening to my case? Does it take longer to process if RFE is needed?

There are some issues with my case. My approved LC requiring a Master degree with 3 years experience. My lawyer included some work experience I obtained during Master degree to get the total to 3 years. I was told the experience obtained prior or during Master degree don't count in EB2. Is this ture? Does anybody know what CIS rules are in this matter?

I suspect this is causing the delay to my 140. If this is the case, is there a way to fix it? Do I have to start all over again after waiting so many years? :( Really appreciate your input, I'm really worried.

wenti said:
My case (140 RD 8/1/05) is still pending at CSC without any LUD (only 1 LUD on 8/4/05), while I am seeing so many august 140 approvals here. What could be happening to my case? Does it take longer to process if RFE is needed?

There are some issues with my case. My approved LC requiring a Master degree with 3 years experience. My lawyer included some work experience I obtained during Master degree to get the total to 3 years. I was told the experience obtained prior or during Master degree don't count in EB2. Is this ture? Does anybody know what CIS rules are in this matter?

I suspent this is causing the delay to my 140. If this is the case, is there a way to fix it? Do I have to start all over again after waiting so many years? :( Really appreciate your input, I'm really worried.

Hi wenti,

The first LUD is for your I-140 information entered into the USCIS database. Which is normal for everyone. You have not got any more LUD's means they have not touched your case till date. For any thing they do with your case they will update LUD.

About experience, I think it has to be after Master's if it is filled under EB2 but take you lawyer's openion.

dsugandhi,

I don't think they will update LUD every time they touch the case. I have seen for lot of others, they haven't seen any update in LUDs though they did finger prints, etc etc. I think whatever you said was supposed to happen, but these days... due to the holiday season....then due to the post holiday sickness...then due to whatever you call it....they forgot that whole concept. Thats why they are not updating LUDs any more. Meaning....there is no guarantee now.

dsugandhi said:
Hi wenti,

The first LUD is for your I-140 information entered into the USCIS database. Which is normal for everyone. You have not got any more LUD's means they have not touched your case till date. For any thing they do with your case they will update LUD.

About experience, I think it has to be after Master's if it is filled under EB2 but take you lawyer's openion.

I-140 receipt notice delay ( Phase 2 )

Hi GP111 / perm_Faq / Gurus,

Need your expert comments/suggestions regarding my somewhat complex situation.

I had initially filed I-140/485/765/131 on 11/22/06 using Cross Chargeablity ( I am from retrogressed country ). USCIS returned all the application saying that visa numbers were not available disregarding Cross Chargeablity.

My lawyer then refiled -140/485/765/131 on 1/4/06 and USCIS accepted the packet this time and sent me the receipt notices for I-485/I765/I131 but not for I-140. The I-485 notice was received two weeks ago and I have still not received the I-140 receipt notice.

1. Is this highly unusual for the I-140 receipt notice to be so late after the I-485 receipt notice?

2. Would it make sense to call the USCIS 1800 number giving them the I-485 receipt number and asking for the I-140 receipt number.

3. Any other suggestions on how to get out of this black hole.

Thanks for your valuable advice.

PS : I had earlier mentioned that I had received the I-140 receipt notice. What the lawyer's assistant had meant was that she had received the I-485 receipt notice.

Only3moreYears said:
Just got an email from USCIS that my 140 AND 485 are approved! :D I had no LUD on either case before today. Details below. :)

Best wishes to all here, and thanks everyone for making this thread useful. :eek:

------------------------------------------------------------------------
CA EB2/RIR
PD: Oct 2002
labor cert approved in Aug 2005
------- RD----------ND---------LUD------------AD----
140: 8/24/05-----8/26/05------8/26/05------02/06/06
485: 8/24/05-----8/26/05-----10/15/05----- 02/06/06
765: 8/24/05-----8/26/05-------------------09/28/05
131: 8/24/05-----8/26/05-------------------10/06/05

Which country are you a citizen of?

Endeavour2003,

Actually, I would suggest you to call the cust. service 800 number and let them know. Some times they send out the receipt notices one before and one after. But not with too much delay. There is no problem since you already have receipt notice for 485. They should send out the 140 receipt notice even if you did not attach all the required documentation. Only the thing is you will get RFE in future by doing so. Its better if you have the UPS/USPS/... mail receipt date. Just keep it handy while calling them, that will help them to locate it in "USCIS mail room" or in the "Data Entry".

Endeavour2003 said:
Hi GP111 / perm_Faq / Gurus,

Need your expert comments/suggestions regarding my somewhat complex situation.

I had initially filed I-140/485/765/131 on 11/22/06 using Cross Chargeablity ( I am from retrogressed country ). USCIS returned all the application saying that visa numbers were not available disregarding Cross Chargeablity.

My lawyer then refiled -140/485/765/131 on 1/4/06 and USCIS accepted the packet this time and sent me the receipt notices for I-485/I765/I131 but not for I-140. The I-485 notice was received two weeks ago and I have still not received the I-140 receipt notice.

1. Is this highly unusual for the I-140 receipt notice to be so late after the I-485 receipt notice?

2. Would it make sense to call the USCIS 1800 number giving them the I-485 receipt number and asking for the I-140 receipt number.

3. Any other suggestions on how to get out of this black hole.

Thanks for your valuable advice.

PS : I had earlier mentioned that I had received the I-140 receipt notice. What the lawyer's assistant had meant was that she had received the I-485 receipt notice.

Traveling on AP

Hi GP111 and gurus,
I am planning to travel India on AP and my H1 is valid till Dec 2006.
My H1 will be still valid after using AP?

I am planning to use AP, so I am not going to get it stamped this time in India.

Thanks in Advance..

Lucky2005
========

You don't need to use AP *just because* you have it. Its better to re-enter the country with your H1B visa, if it still remain valid.

Your H1B does not get affected when you attempt to use AP. So that means.....either way it should be fine.

bostonian_27
==========
I had replied to your PM. Please check it.

Lucky2005 said:
Hi GP111 and gurus,
I am planning to travel India on AP and my H1 is valid till Dec 2006.
My H1 will be still valid after using AP?

I am planning to use AP, so I am not going to get it stamped this time in India.

Thanks in Advance..

perm_faq said:
Lucky2005
========

You don't need to use AP *just because* you have it. Its better to re-enter the country with your H1B visa, if it still remain valid.

Your H1B does not get affected when you attempt to use AP. So that means.....either way it should be fine.

bostonian_27
==========
I had replied to your PM. Please check it.

Thanks perm, thanks for taking time and answering my question.

I have a valid H1 (I797), but my VISA on passport (valid stamping) is expired. I am thinking to use AP, just to avoid to go to the consulate and get it stamped again.

Lucky2005 said:
Thanks perm, thanks for taking time and answering my question.

I have a valid H1 (I797), but my VISA on passport (valid stamping) is expired. I am thinking to use AP, just to avoid to go to the consulate and get it stamped again.

As far as I know if you use AP to travel then you are giving up H1 privileges (if I can call them privileges!). Better to consult lawyer dude - if you have problems with your lawyer, send me a PM and I will check with mine

Using AP does not invalidate H1. Using EAD does that.

nother1inline said:
As far as I know if you use AP to travel then you are giving up H1 privileges (if I can call them privileges!). Better to consult lawyer dude - if you have problems with your lawyer, send me a PM and I will check with mine

H4 EAD usage - impact on H1B

WhyThisDelay said:
Using AP does not invalidate H1. Using EAD does that.

How about if a H4 person uses the EAD - will she maintain H4 at that point ?
What about its impact on the H1-B holder ?