CSC August 2005 Filing I-140 Tracking

matt30,

Actually, CSC is running slow. Have got a chance to look at the other forums. VSC is currently working on Nov-Dec Cases. They are on top of the list. It would be great, if CSC completes processing of 1 month cases in 15days.

matt30 said:
Wow, CSC is really running. I bet they all were on vacation for the last 2 months of 2005 :D .

Hope my I 140 (ND 9/8/2005) will be on their desk in next month.

So excited to see so many approvals recently.

Because they have better karma than you do.

They saved people, adopted orphans, opened their houses to tsunami victims, and liberated the oppressed citizens from tyranny.

Fixing bugs is NOT good karma.

kittydesire said:
why some many August tracker people got 140 approved? mine is July, and I still havenot got any message.

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent Reply QWERT1111, I am with you :)

qwerty1111 said:

They saved people, adopted orphans, opened their houses to tsunami victims, and liberated the oppressed citizens from tyranny.

QWERT1111,

You do have a great sense of humor. Good one. I was laughing my head off when I saw your post. Keep the humor alive. :)

Results of Pilot Immigration Filings/Adjudications in California Service Center ....

From oh-law:

* The CIS Ombudsman's 2005 report to the Congress reflects that the California Service Center employment-based I-485 75-day adjudication program and New York District Office's 90-day adjudication program resulted in failures and Dallas District office 90-day adjudication program was better than the CSC and NY program. CSC pilot program was intended to test the water as to whether certain less-fraud-prone cases like EB-2 can take the pilot adjudication model of processing in 75 days. Accordingly, CSC pilot program was to test the backlog reduction program for employment-based I-485 applications. While the New York District Office program was more focused on fraud prevention. The Dallas program was intended to test the speedy adjudication of I-485 applications.
* The results were as follows:
o CSC 75-Day I-485 Adjudication Program: This program was available only for the selected EB-2 cases. CSC processed 1,376 cases but only 347 cases were completed in the target date of 75 days and all other cases remained process-hold pattern, indicating that in the employment-based cases, the pilot program did not work well.
o New York District Pilot Program: The 90-day adjudication was available only in the marriage cases in the New York District Office. Out of 8,119 total cases it processed, only 4,509 were processed within the target 90 days. The New York pilot program is also evaluated to be more or less failure for the two reasons: Firstly, it learned that there were much less fraud cases than the agency predicted. Secondly, unlike Dallas model, the new model did not conduct interviews at the time of filing in most cases, resulting in the delays in scheduling and processing.
o Dallas Program: The Dallas program was intended to test "rapid processing" model. This program processed 12,037 cases and the overall target adjudication rate of 90 days turned out be between 60% and 70%, much better than New York or CSC. The Ombudsman attributed it to the model that interviewed the applicants at the time of filing.
* Overall, the report was negative. It is uncertain, though, how this report will be translated into the USCIS' policy on Premium Processing vs. Speedy Processing Program in the immigration benefits processing and adjudication in the future. For the details, please click here.

perm_faq said:
From oh-law:
... CSC 75-Day I-485 Adjudication Program: This program was available only for the selected EB-2 cases. CSC processed 1,376 cases but only 347 cases were completed in the target date of 75 days and all other cases remained process-hold pattern...
I wish I was one of those lucky 347 people... Thanks for the update and keep up the good work.

tantan,

I wish CSC starts another round -or- a new round of "pilot" program for EB applicants. They did it for EB2 applicants last year and could not deliver their goal. Hope they do it again, this year to re-test their target goal and make me lucky one too. God is great!

tantan said:
I wish I was one of those lucky 347 people... Thanks for the update and keep up the good work.

Applications For Immigration Benefits

From USCIS Latest Report:

Applications and petitions for immigration benefits in November 2005 decreased 9 percent compared to the number received in November 2004. November approvals increased 5 percent, while denials increased by 2 percent and pending decreased 26 percent when compared to the same month a year before. For fiscal year 2006 to date, receipts decreased slightly, while approvals increased 5 percent and denials increased 8 percent compared to fiscal year 2005.

· Major volumes in November 2005 receipts include: 94,662 I-765 employment authorizations; 54,401 I-130 relative/ I-129F fiancé(e) petitions; 43,745 I-90 Green Card renewals/replacements; and 42,879 I-485 permanent resident adjustments.

· Major volumes of pending applications at the end of November 2005 include: 1,202,542 I-130 relative/I-129F fiancé(e) petitions; 863,185 I-485 permanent resident adjustments; 260,907 I-765 employment authorizations; 208,221 I-90 green card renewals/replacements; and 58,208 I-821 temporary protected status.

Perm_faq,

Isn't it good or bad news for us. The number of denial was increasing while number of apps was decreasing. Sounds like CSC turned more apps down for me. :(.

perm_faq said:
From USCIS Latest Report:

Applications and petitions for immigration benefits in November 2005 decreased 9 percent compared to the number received in November 2004. November approvals increased 5 percent, while denials increased by 2 percent and pending decreased 26 percent when compared to the same month a year before. For fiscal year 2006 to date, receipts decreased slightly, while approvals increased 5 percent and denials increased 8 percent compared to fiscal year 2005.

· Major volumes in November 2005 receipts include: 94,662 I-765 employment authorizations; 54,401 I-130 relative/ I-129F fiancé(e) petitions; 43,745 I-90 Green Card renewals/replacements; and 42,879 I-485 permanent resident adjustments.

· Major volumes of pending applications at the end of November 2005 include: 1,202,542 I-130 relative/I-129F fiancé(e) petitions; 863,185 I-485 permanent resident adjustments; 260,907 I-765 employment authorizations; 208,221 I-90 green card renewals/replacements; and 58,208 I-821 temporary protected status.

matt30,

I would look at the positive side of the story that says "November approvals increased 5 percent". Who knows what had contributed to increase in the number of denials. One thing I have noticed is, the cases with 3-year bachelors degress in combination with certain other degress - this is interpreted differently by different service centers, may be that was the majority of denials. Also, there could be lot of other applications such as, EAD, AP who knows how many of those denials contributing to the total denials.

There are about 1 million 485 cases are pending. Thats the real problem. Though they say the number of pending applications are decreased, but....still that 1 million is a very big number.....for CSC like service centers....where people take 2 to 3 months of vacations, Correct!

I think, This is the time for USCIS to adopt some of the "ombudsman" suggestions. Otherwise, it will never come out of those BACKLOG applications piling day by day. We must appreciate Dallas service center. According to the other article, which I posted today, they were close to their goal in their pilot project.

:p

matt30 said:
Perm_faq,

Isn't it good or bad news for us. The number of denial was increasing while number of apps was decreasing. Sounds like CSC turned more apps down for me. :(.

I140's filed on retro deadline - Status prediction via, www.immigrationwatch.com

Not to scare any one.

I just happend to see the "status prediction" of the I140 cases filed around the retrogression deadline, [date: Sept 30th, 2005] on www.immigrationwatch.com.
Its a kind of scare to see that, processing of such cases based on
* 50-50% chances => 5/18/2006 (more than 3 months from now......)
* 75-25% chances => 1/23/2006 (which is already expired)

So.... my best guess would be, around March 1st week.

Folks, is it a reasonable guess from our-end?

perm_faq said:
Not to scare any one.

I just happend to see the "status prediction" of the I140 cases filed around the retrogression deadline, [date: Sept 30th, 2005] on www.immigrationwatch.com.
Its a kind of scare to see that, processing of such cases based on
* 50-50% chances => 5/18/2006 (more than 3 months from now......)
* 75-25% chances => 1/23/2006 (which is already expired)

So.... my best guess would be, around March 1st week.

Folks, is it a reasonable guess from our-end?

Based on that very site my clearance on 50-50 basis was due late this year. So I won't predict too much based on that site. Of late, we have seen clearances of cases from 110th to 25th Aug - if CSC maintains that speed (which it should coz there are no major holidays round the corner!), I think those cases should clear by March, as u guessed. Obviously, this is my guesstimate!!

Sick ****

I don't know why some people in this forum found your comments humorous. This forum is to support and help fellow applicants. Kitty had a valid concern and your comments are against the spirit of this forum. I hope you can see how it might hurt some people when you make such thoughtless and crude comments.

Though I am not a programmer but I know what fixing bugs is. I also know that earing a living in a peaceful and legal way is good karma but making fun of people in anguish is not.

qwerty1111 said:

I am happy that some people are happy.

I am also happy that you are not happy.

He He :)

smoky said:
I don't know why some people in this forum found your comments humorous. This forum is to support and help fellow applicants. Kitty had a valid concern and your comments are against the spirit of this forum. I hope you can see how it might hurt some people when you make such thoughtless and crude comments.

Though I am not a programmer but I know what fixing bugs is. I also know that earing a living in a peaceful and legal way is good karma but making fun of people in anguish is not.

Come on Smoky,

Everyone could see his post just a joke. I don't see it hurt anyone. In fact, any of us are here because of painful and rediculous process from CIS. Making fun out this is also the way to help us forget this pain for a moment.

I actually read his post a few times and everytime, it just makes my laugh.

Smoky, you need to cool down don't be so grouchy.

qwerty1111, you should think of changing career to comic writer. hahah. BTW, do they give H1 visa to comic writer?? :)

Peace to all.

smoky said:

140 Approved!

Just got an email from USCIS that my 140 AND 485 are approved! :D I had no LUD on either case before today. Details below. :)

Best wishes to all here, and thanks everyone for making this thread useful. :eek:

------------------------------------------------------------------------
CA EB2/RIR
PD: Oct 2002
labor cert approved in Aug 2005
------- RD----------ND---------LUD------------AD----
140: 8/24/05-----8/26/05------8/26/05------02/06/06
485: 8/24/05-----8/26/05-----10/15/05----- 02/06/06
765: 8/24/05-----8/26/05-------------------09/28/05
131: 8/24/05-----8/26/05-------------------10/06/05

Oh my lord,

I-140 and I-485 approved at the same time?? what a lucky guy.

Congratulation Only3moreyears.

Only3moreYears said:
Just got an email from USCIS that my 140 AND 485 are approved! :D I had no LUD on either case before today. Details below. :)

Best wishes to all here, and thanks everyone for making this thread useful. :eek:

CA EB2/RIR

nother1inline,

That is what I said. Around March 1st week time-frame we will see the CSC picking-up I140 cases from Sept30th lot. Hope CSC focus remains unchanged and no one goes on vacation again, for the upcoming long weekend.

nother1inline said:
Based on that very site my clearance on 50-50 basis was due late this year. So I won't predict too much based on that site. Of late, we have seen clearances of cases from 110th to 25th Aug - if CSC maintains that speed (which it should coz there are no major holidays round the corner!), I think those cases should clear by March, as u guessed. Obviously, this is my guesstimate!!

greetings!!

I guess this time in the visa bulletin, we will see EB2 cut-off moving further beyond OCT-2002, based on this case approval. Couple of more days to go for the next Visa Bulletin and Service Center Processing Times.

God is Great!

Only3moreYears said:

CA EB2/RIR