CSC August 2005 Filing I-140 Tracking

140/485 status

I have been a silent reader of the forum for a while. Thanks everybody for the information provided here. I'd like to share my application status with you at that point.

Got LUDs on I140 and 485 yesterday. No message change on I140 but received an e-mail for 485 with the message shown below. i'm not sure if it is over or it is sth to do with my EAD and AP applications last week.

e-mail part from CSC:
The following is the latest information on your case status

Receipt Number: WAC...

Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or to
Adjust Status

Current Status:

On February 7, 2006, after approving your application, we ordered you a new
card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

PD: July 2002
140/485 RD: Sep 02, 2005
Citizen of a non-retrogessed country

gc_after_lgtm,

I think your I-140 and 485 got approved at the same time. Congrat!!
I know that you had your FP done but did you know it was code 2 or 3?
Any RFE?

Thanks
gc_after_lgtm said:
I have been a silent reader of the forum for a while. Thanks everybody for the information provided here. I'd like to share my application status with you at that point.

Got LUDs on I140 and 485 yesterday. No message change on I140 but received an e-mail for 485 with the message shown below. i'm not sure if it is over or it is sth to do with my EAD and AP applications last week.

e-mail part from CSC:
The following is the latest information on your case status

Receipt Number: WAC...

Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or to
Adjust Status

Current Status:

On February 7, 2006, after approving your application, we ordered you a new
card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

PD: July 2002
140/485 RD: Sep 02, 2005
Citizen of a non-retrogessed country

nother1inline
==========

Let me clarify this point "very clearly":
1) H1B is still valid, but only the VISA stamp is expired then one is allowed to re-enter on AP and continue to work for the same employer either on H1B or EAD. He/she can return to H1B since his/her original H1B approval is still valid. That way he can return back to H1B classification.
* One should remember that, EAD/AP are AOS benefits. So any one tries to use those benefits will automatically treated under immigrant classification. Meaning prior non-immi status is abandoned (may be temporarily).
2) You can ping-pong between these 2 categories, as long as you have your H1B approval remains valid. Meaning you can work part-time on EAD or travel on AP.
3) Getting back on to H1B meaning.....you need to re-enter the country with valid H1B visa stamp.

4) Officer at the port of entry, will print your "then" status (Adjustment of Status, H1B) on your I-94.

Hope I made it clear.

Lucky2005
========

You may wish to carry with you a copy of the I-485s that you filed, but that is not necessary. The same is true for accompanying dependants too.

nother1inline said:
As far as I know if you use AP to travel then you are giving up H1 privileges (if I can call them privileges!). Better to consult lawyer dude - if you have problems with your lawyer, send me a PM and I will check with mine

Folks:
=====

H1/H4 both come under non-immigrant classification. Meaning.... If one (H1/H4) tries use EAD -or- AP they are willfully abandoning their prior non-immi classification. But, they can return back to non-immi category by re-entering the country on their non-expired H1/H4 approval letters with valid VISA stamp in passport. That way they can ping-pong between the two and take the advantage EAD/AP benefits.

nikedude said:
How about if a H4 person uses the EAD - will she maintain H4 at that point ?
What about its impact on the H1-B holder ?

WhyThisDelay,

Nope. Thats not true.
There is no such difference between EAD, AP. Please read my earlier message.

WhyThisDelay said:
Using AP does not invalidate H1. Using EAD does that.

means, don't need code 2 FP to get I-485 approved?
code 3 = only right index finger and take photo. Am I right?

If so, why others got code 2 FP??

confusing!!!

gc_after_lgtm said:
It was code 3.

Q. If I travel on the advance parole and use the advance parole to reenter United States, does this have any impact on my H1b status after I come back. Will the H1b status be still valid after the trip?

A. If you reenter USA on Advance Parole, you are no longer on H-1 status. You have to work based upon your EAD. You may of course revive your H-1 by traveling outside USA and reentering on a valid H-1 visa.

i may have mixed up the codes. I did all fingers and photo. BTW, I did not get any RFEs.

matt30 said:
means, don't need code 2 FP to get I-485 approved?
code 3 = only right index finger and take photo. Am I right?

If so, why others got code 2 FP??

confusing!!!

Finger print codes

Folks let me jump onto your discussion on fingerprints:

Here are the different fingerprint codes, and what they mean:

CODE1 - Just finger print
CODE2 - Photo and Signature and index finger print
CODE3 - Both code1 and code2

For adults, normally USCIS sends out FP notice with option:3, for the first time fingerprinting.
For childs, USCIS sends out FP notice with option 1.

If it is 2nd time fingerprinting, since your old one is expired (may be the validity of 1 1/2 year, like medicals), Adults will receive another FP notice, with option: either 2 or 1. Mostly it is 2.

gc_after_lgtm said:
i may have mixed up the codes. I did all fingers and photo. BTW, I did not get any RFEs.

Perm_faq,

As the defination info you provided about FP codes, I had code 2 done 2 weeks after my ND. Do you think I need another FP appointment to get code1 done?

Thanks

perm_faq said:
Folks let me jump onto your discussion on fingerprints:

Here are the different fingerprint codes, and what they mean:

CODE1 - Just finger print
CODE2 - Photo and Signature and index finger print
CODE3 - Both code1 and code2

For adults, normally USCIS sends out FP notice with option:3, for the first time fingerprinting.
For childs, USCIS sends out FP notice with option 1.

If it is 2nd time fingerprinting, since your old one is expired (may be the validity of 1 1/2 year, like medicals), Adults will receive another FP notice, with option: either 2 or 1. Mostly it is 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
It all "depends" how quickly your 485 gets adjudicated. If it takes, lets say 3 to 4 years, then probably USCIS may want to re-do it again. Otherwise, it is not needed. I have seen people saying that they are going for FP for 2nd time, since their case was stuck for long time.

matt30 said:
Perm_faq,

As the defination info you provided about FP codes, I had code 2 done 2 weeks after my ND. Do you think I need another FP appointment to get code1 done?

Thanks

Perm_faq,

My FP was done in code 2 (photo, signature, and index finger only-AKA biometric). Excluding the FP expiration, can code 2 FP (biometric) be the only FP process for the I-485 or I do need another Code1 or 3 FP?

Hope you understand my question

Thanks again
perm_faq said:
It all "depends" how quickly your 485 gets adjudicated. If it takes, lets say 3 to 4 years, then probably USCIS may want to re-do it again. Otherwise, it is not needed. I have seen people saying that they are going for FP for 2nd time, since their case was stuck for long time.

matt30 said:
Perm_faq,

My FP was done in code 2 (photo, signature, and index finger only-AKA biometric). Excluding the FP expiration, can code 2 FP (biometric) be the only FP process for the I-485 or I do need another Code1 or 3 FP?

Thanks again

Following is needed for I-485
1) Biometrics (Photo, Signature & Index Finger)
2) Finger Printing ( All 10 fingers)

FP results expires after 15 months.

matt30,

I understand your question. It is solely decided by the USCIS and they send out FP notice to you. There is nothing on our side to decide whether to take-up Code:3 (Regular finger prints + Bio-metrics) or Code:2 (Bio-metrics)or Code:1 (Regular fingerprints). *Normally* kids under age of 5, gets Code:2. And adults get Code:3. I have seen lot of people getting FP notices like that. ---> So, regarding your querry: If you did Code:2, then that should be fine, for the time-being. BUT....there is a bright chance that you may be asked to go for Code:1 some time in future, *incase* if your case stays longer with USCIS. I have seen people re-doing fingerprints after getting code:2.

Adding little more clarity to GP111's reply earlier: As per one of immigration attorney's reply in this matter[copy-pasted below], fingerprints -do- expire after 15 months (but, NOT from the day you submitted fingerprints electronically at one of your local ASCs. It is "counted" from the day the USCIS receives the "response" back from FBI).

""Your fingerprint clearances files expire 15 months after that the date that the USCIS received a response from the FBI""

Hope you understand it now :p

matt30 said:
Perm_faq,

Thanks again

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah!
I do see that!

Those little, tiny creatures at CSC hardly moved any thing since last report. They just moved only 15 days in 15days of their work. Thats are *deadly* slow for both EB2, EB3 categories of I140. If thats the trend, then September-30th [retrogression deadline] cases will be picked-up by no-earlier than "end of march". Thats disgusting!!!

nsk77 said:
CSC prcocessing dates are out

I-140 EB2 show August 16th
I -485 still on June 16th 2005

Perm_faq

Perm_faq,
I am noticing this from last few days, you are a pretty negative person.
I request we all need some +ve energy flowing into the forum, so please be positive.
Its always helps!!!

perm_faq said:
Yeah!
I do see that!

Those little, tiny creatures at CSC hardly moved any thing since last report. They just moved only 15 days in 15days of their work. Thats are *deadly* slow for both EB2, EB3 categories of I140. If thats the trend, then September-30th [retrogression deadline] cases will be picked-up by no-earlier than "end of march". Thats disgusting!!!

We saw a few approvals that have ND up to first week of Sept-2005. How come the processing date from CSC is different??

What is going on??

gc_line said:
Perm_faq,
I am noticing this from last few days, you are a pretty negative person.
I request we all need some +ve energy flowing into the forum, so please be positive.
Its always helps!!!