CSC August 2005 Filing I-140 Tracking

nother1inline,

I was under the impression that AC21 is the only way to work for another employer!!
--> YES. But the point is, you have to file AC21 with USCIS, meaning you have to inform them that you wanted to utilize AC21 law. There is no specific format for AC21 application.

Question: If the job description is the same (which is what we make it, right!) then is it as good as working for the current company in terms of the risk?
--> You are not preparing the job description. It is the one prepared by your new hiring company.

What if I start my own company?
--> This issue is not addressed, kind of grey area. So there is no problem in working for your own company. But to be on safer side, better if you work for some other company.

Also, my RD is Aug 13th so is Feb 13th the end of 180 days?
--> You should count 180 days, NOT 180 business days. I think Feb 8th is your 180th day. Right? Some months are 31 days, not 30.

Some of the questions might be stupid but hey if you've been waiting for something like this for so long, you tend to be a little anxious - permitted?!
--> Ofcourse. There is nothing wrong to double check it.

nother1inline said:
I was under the impression that AC21 is the only way to work for another employer!!

Question: If the job description is the same (which is what we make it, right!) then is it as good as working for the current company in terms of the risk? What if I start my own company? Also, my RD is Aug 13th so is Feb 13th the end of 180 days? Some of the questions might be stupid but hey if you've been waiting for something like this for so long, you tend to be a little anxious - permitted?! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
LUD change

My RD is 08/26/2005. EB3. My attorney requested an address change 2-3 weeks ago. So I dont know the LUD change today is due to to the address change request or something being done on my 140 application. Thanks

Yes it invokes an LUD on all pending applications. They also send you a letter in the mail informing you of it.

bostonian_27 said:
Does an address change request during I-140 invoke a LUD change?

I just saw this I-140 case WAC0605750XXX got a RFE today. This case was filed on Dec 14th. Does this mean that CIS is also processing cases from December and not only from August as their processing date suggests? If that's the case, it would make me very happy but who knows what the hell is going on over there.

Any inputs?

Last edited by a moderator:
Rfe

Usually this happens with fraud companies like ACE TECHNOLOGIES and CYBER TECH.When they see the applications comming from these companies,they send RFE right away.

Where did you see... ?

GCard_Dream said:
I just saw this I-140 case WAC0605750XXX got a RFE today. This case was filed on Dec 14th. Does this mean that CIS is also processing cases from December and not only from August as their processing date suggests? If that's the case, it would make me very happy but who knows what the hell is going on over there.

Any inputs?

gp111, need your help

:confused: Need you guys help,

I just got my PERM approval, and my husband has a pending case in philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center. His priority date is 11/2002. Do I need to submit my I140 now? If my husband case will be approved and priority date will be good for 485, Could I submit my 485 with his case ? and Do i need to do something for it, ex. withdraw my I140 case.

another question: could i leave for international trip after I submit I140?

Thanks.

CA_GreenCD said:
:confused: Need you guys help,

I just got my PERM approval, and my husband has a pending case in philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center. His priority date is 11/2002. Do I need to submit my I140 now?

>> IS your PERM LC EB-2 or EB-3 ? I see no harm in applying for I-140 now (other then some expense !)

If my husband case will be approved and priority date will be good for 485, Could I submit my 485 with his case ? and Do i need to do something for it, ex. withdraw my I140 case.

>> You need not withdraw your I-140. You can submit your I-485 as your husband's dependent with his I-485.

another question: could i leave for international trip after I submit I140?

Yes. Given that you have Valid Visa to reenter.

Thanks.

I-140 Approved

All,

My I-140 is approved. The lawyer received mail notice today.

My case detail:

I-140 (EB-2/Sub) :

RD 08/04/05, ND 08/08/05, LUD 01/24/06, AD 01/25/06 (e-mail), 02/03/06 ( Received in snail mail)

I-485 :

RD - 08/04/05, ND 08/08/05 , No LUD

FP :

Sent in mail : 01/25/06
Received in mail : 01/31/06
Schedule : 02/14/06

EB First and Second Preference

From Murthy website:
At present, there is not a need to retrogress (establish cutoff dates) in the worldwide Employment-Based (EB) First and Second preference cases. Worldwide refers to "all chargeability areas except those listed" separately in the Visa Bulletin. Currently, in EB First (EB1) and Second preference categories (EB2), the two countries that have cutoff dates are India and China. The reason there is no need to retrogress the worldwide category is that demand has not reached a level necessitating this action. Demand for the visa numbers in this group can be met by the available supply. At present, it appears that the EB1 category would be in more danger of retrogressing than the EB2 category. Again, however, neither category is expected to retrogress in the near future.

The priority date numbers for mainland China and India are expected to continue moving forward in the EB1 and EB2 categories over the next few months. This, too, is due to lower demand than anticipated.

it is same article which was posted at immigration-law.com few days back Muthy posted it today.
Good news if Eb-1 EB-2 move fast.

perm_faq said:
From Murthy website:
At present, there is not a need to retrogress (establish cutoff dates) in the worldwide Employment-Based (EB) First and Second preference cases. Worldwide refers to "all chargeability areas except those listed" separately in the Visa Bulletin. Currently, in EB First (EB1) and Second preference categories (EB2), the two countries that have cutoff dates are India and China. The reason there is no need to retrogress the worldwide category is that demand has not reached a level necessitating this action. Demand for the visa numbers in this group can be met by the available supply. At present, it appears that the EB1 category would be in more danger of retrogressing than the EB2 category. Again, however, neither category is expected to retrogress in the near future.

The priority date numbers for mainland China and India are expected to continue moving forward in the EB1 and EB2 categories over the next few months. This, too, is due to lower demand than anticipated.

I know. I just wanted to post this message here, just an update!

jazzyb said:
it is same article which was posted at immigration-law.com few days back Muthy posted it today.
Good news if Eb-1 EB-2 move fast.

Big Hope

Wow, CSC is really running. I bet they all were on vacation for the last 2 months of 2005 :D .

Hope my I 140 (ND 9/8/2005) will be on their desk in next month.

So excited to see so many approvals recently.

cnqj said:
ND is Aug 22 or 23. CSC. Received email today.

I-140 Approved

Got an e-mail last night from USCIS-CSSO. My I-140 has been approved and the notice mailed!

One more hurdle down.

Good luck to you all and see you in the I485 forums soon.

regards,
nsk77

I140 approved!!

Got an email from USCIS yesterday evening. I'm not able to find the latest spreadsheet for updating. If anyone can post it or update it, that would be great.

See you in the I485 forum..