CSC August 2005 Filing I-140 Tracking

hi nother1inline,
Congratulations.
one dumb question: do you mean employer receives a notice about the approval as well? how did you check that.
Regards,
Raj.

nother1inline said:
Hi Raj,

I have a notice at my employer's and nothing yet at the lawyer - it says notice type approval and case type 140. I am numb and don't know if I shud celebrate yet atleast until the lawyer confirms that this is IT! I think it is but will defer confirmation until I converse with lawyer.

The following is written under Notice Type:

Approval Notice
Section: Mem. of profession w/Adv Deg. or of Exceptn'l Ability Sec. 203 (b) (2)

rajrw said:
hi nother1inline,
Congratulations.
one dumb question: do you mean employer receives a notice about the approval as well? how did you check that.
Regards,
Raj.

The notice says in the body that it is a courtesy notice to the employer and that the original has been sent to the lawyer. The lawyer probably gets mail a little later in the day (my best guess!). Anyway, I am going there in a few mins - will post with a changed signature after that :)

gp111 said:
Dude. What else do you need for Confirmation !!! It means your I-140 had been approved. Congratulations for clearing one more hurdle.

It's almost un"friggin"believable - I don't know how to react and maybe a word with the laywer will help. Thanks for the congratulatory note though.

BTW, so they mention the category in the approval notice like member of advanced degree etc..?

does the employer receive courtesy notice, even it were rfe ??

nother1inline said:
The notice says in the body that it is a courtesy notice to the employer and that the original has been sent to the lawyer. The lawyer probably gets mail a little later in the day (my best guess!). Anyway, I am going there in a few mins - will post with a changed signature after that :)

nother1inline said:
It's almost un"friggin"believable - I don't know how to react and maybe a word with the laywer will help. Thanks for the congratulatory note though.

BTW, so they mention the category in the approval notice like member of advanced degree etc..?

Yes I-140 notice includes Priority Date & Category (EB-1/2/3/4/5). Which is important for I-485 filing & approval.

here is a sample

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys may be interested in this ?

PRIORITY DATES
PRIORITY DATES FOR THE MONTH OF FEBRUARY 2006

FAMILY PREFERENCE VISA AVAILABILITY

INDIA OTHERS

F1 22-Apr-01 22-Apr-01
FX 15-Apr-99 15-Apr-99
F2A 8-Feb-02 8-Feb-02
F2B 1-Jul-96 1-Jul-96
F3 15-Jul-98 15-Jul-98
F4 1-Feb-94 22-Aug-94

EMPLOYMENT PREFERENCE VISA AVAILABILITY

E1 1-Feb-04 CURRENT <---- look at this
E2 1-Aug-01 CURRENT <---- look at this
E3 22-Apr-01 CURRENT <---- look at this
E4 CURRENT CURRENT
EW 1-Oct-01 1-Oct-01
EX CURRENT CURRENT

I just got it from the American Consulate Website, New Delhi, India

Regards,
:p

I seriously doubt the validity of those dates. First of all, the PD month is wrong. Secondly, EB3 - World would have to move almost 5 years to become current and that just seems impossible. However, I would definitely love to see the dates move that far that quickly. Hey.. I am not complaining .. I am just praying that it's true. :)

perm_faq said:
PRIORITY DATES

E4 CURRENT CURRENT
EW 1-Oct-01 1-Oct-01
EX CURRENT CURRENT

The official numbers are published here:
http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_2771.html

why mislead people by posting this?

perm_faq said:
PRIORITY DATES

FAMILY PREFERENCE VISA AVAILABILITY

INDIA OTHERS

F1 22-Apr-01 22-Apr-01
FX 15-Apr-99 15-Apr-99
F2A 8-Feb-02 8-Feb-02
F2B 1-Jul-96 1-Jul-96
F3 15-Jul-98 15-Jul-98
F4 1-Feb-94 22-Aug-94

E4 CURRENT CURRENT
EW 1-Oct-01 1-Oct-01
EX CURRENT CURRENT

Regards,

April4,

Why do you think Iam fooling (not even April4-fooling too..)? Did you get a chance to read my message **fully**? I said, those numbers are not mine.... I just got/downloaded it from 'American Consulate, New Delhi'. If you don't know how to browse *that* site, here is link to it (Hope you appreciate it now, because what you see is what you believe...Right?):
http://newdelhi.usembassy.gov/prioritydates.html

By the way, where did you get the link showing the *past* and old information? Iam sure every body had already digested that FEB bulletin, and their eyes are wide open for the new bulletin, which is about couple of days away...

Regards,

April4 said:
The official numbers are published here:
http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_2771.html

why mislead people by posting this?

GCard_Dream,

I know what you mean..... LOL. By the way, you have here another site mentioning the same...just incase if you need to double check.

http://www.immigration-law.com

Here is what the news:
=================
02/02/2006: New Delhi Website Report of Priority Dates Incites Confusion, Jubilence, and Disappointment

* American Consulate in New Delhi has updated its priority date reporting for the February 2006. However, the report is different from the official February 2006 report, raising speculation that probably this is visa bulletin for March 2006. According to this report, EB-3 will become current for world wide but the cut off dates for India will remain same. People may visit the New Delhi website.

Make sense? Regards, :p

GCard_Dream said:
I seriously doubt the validity of those dates. First of all, the PD month is wrong. Secondly, EB3 - World would have to move almost 5 years to become current and that just seems impossible. However, I would definitely love to see the dates move that far that quickly. Hey.. I am not complaining .. I am just praying that it's true. :)

perm_faq said:
PRIORITY DATES

E4 CURRENT CURRENT
EW 1-Oct-01 1-Oct-01
EX CURRENT CURRENT

I am not saying you are fooling. I am saying that the only valid source of such information is travel.gov and that is what you should trust. Why speculate when you can wait two days and get the real information?

perm_faq said:
April4,

Why do you think Iam fooling (not even April4-fooling too..)? Did you get a chance to read my message **fully**? I said, those numbers are not mine.... I just got/downloaded it from 'American Consulate, New Delhi'. If you don't know how to browse *that* site, here is link to it (Hope you appreciate it now, because what you see is what you believe...Right?):
http://newdelhi.usembassy.gov/prioritydates.html

By the way, where did you get the link showing the *past* and old information? Iam sure every body had already digested that FEB bulletin, and their eyes are wide open for the new bulletin, which is about couple of days away...

Regards,

April4,

Actually, I have given the link to the American Consulate, New Delhi's official website. This may -or- may not be same as next visa bulletin. But most of the times it will be.... Some time [about 6 months] back I got across the Manila's website...and that same information...turned out be the next month visa bulletin. So, its just always better to know earlier than knowing later. Anyways, thats the update, I have.

Regards,

April4 said:
I am not saying you are fooling. I am saying that the only valid source of such information is travel.gov and that is what you should trust. Why speculate when you can wait two days and get the real information?

Well, I hope you are right.

perm_faq said:
April4,

Actually, I have given the link to the American Consulate, New Delhi's official website. This may -or- may not be same as next visa bulletin. But most of the times it will be.... Some time [about 6 months] back I got across the Manila's website...and that same information...turned out be the next month visa bulletin. So, its just always better to know earlier than knowing later. Anyways, thats the update, I have.

Regards,

Its just a mistake..

The dates for India are same as Official Feb Visa Bulletin but dates for OTHERS is misleading.. Well why Indian Embassy care for "OTHERS".. They will fix it soon.. if not March Visa Bulletin is just a week away. :)

perm_faq said:
1. Why did your attorney made an inquiry... What was the inquiry?
2. You mentioned "message change" for 140 LUDs on 1/19, 1/20. Do you remember that message change? I mean...message changed from, change to?
1. I asked him to do so. I was afraid that CSC had sent the FP notice and we never rcvd it. He simply asked that why his client has not rcvd FP yet.

2. Message didn't change on 1/19. It changed on 1/20 to something like '...The following blah blah has been approved on 1/19...' It changed from the original message '...this case takes 270 to 300 days...'

gp111,

Looks like you have missed the point (not being rude...). The highlight of this "whole topic -or- update" is regarding EB3 Visa number movement for INDIA. Well may be its a mistake, may be not.

Visa numbers published on New Delhi's website does not matter for us, doing "Adjustment of status (AOS)", but it certainly matters for those EB3 petitioners doing Consular process in India. Correct?

We [AOS petitioners] all wait for USCIS published visa bulletin.

Regards,

gp111 said:
Its just a mistake..

The dates for India are same as Official Feb Visa Bulletin but dates for OTHERS is misleading.. Well why Indian Embassy care for "OTHERS".. They will fix it soon.. if not March Visa Bulletin is just a week away. :)

tantan,

Normally, USCIS sends out the FP notices to the applicant's address on the file. It will be neither sent to attorney nor the employer. So, check whether you lost it in mail delivery stuff ...blah, blue... ?

tantan said:
1. I asked him to do so. I was afraid that CSC had sent the FP notice and we never rcvd it. He simply asked that why his client has not rcvd FP yet.

2. Message didn't change on 1/19. It changed on 1/20 to something like '...The following blah blah has been approved on 1/19...' It changed from the original message '...this case takes 270 to 300 days...'

perm_faq said:
tantan,

Normally, USCIS sends out the FP notices to the applicant's address on the file. It will be neither sent to attorney nor the employer. So, check whether you lost it in mail delivery stuff ...blah, blue... ?

there are two copies. one for the lawyer (original), one for the applicant