CSC August 2005 Filing I-140 Tracking

nsk77 said:
Congrats Briskzhang!

Are there updates from anyone else?
nother1inline, simranb, pklam have you seen any LUDs?

My case had a LUD on 1/04/06 , nothing after that.

No LUD's till now. Don't know what is happening???

nsk77 said:
Congrats Briskzhang!

Are there updates from anyone else?
nother1inline, simranb, pklam have you seen any LUDs?

My case had a LUD on 1/04/06 , nothing after that.

Same shit - last LUD 1/26 - awaiting with bated breath - the lawyer can't query either as the official date is still 8/8!!

we should hear something during the next 7 days (before USCIS publishes the processing date). Based on history, they should be publishing on 7th or 8th of this month. Hope all our cases get approved before that.

Regards,
Raj.

nother1inline said:
Same shit - last LUD 1/26 - awaiting with bated breath - the lawyer can't query either as the official date is still 8/8!!

yesterday came to know from lawyer that i got an rfe about ability to pay and to show company fin docs
fyi.

simranb,

So this boiled down to RFE....haa...interesting. So people should note it down this formula.
----> LUD and No message change = USCIS is cooking RFE for you.

Regards,

simranb said:
I had a LUD on 1/25. But no message change

Last edited by a moderator:
simranb,
can you please tell how big is the company and other details. what are the factors that trigger an RFE? Is that reflected in the online message?

"godblessall" got his 485 approved on 26th. found from another thread.
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=202594

appears that perm_faq is right, recently we have seen either approvals or rfe's without message change. I guess I got rfe as well.

Regards,
Raj.

simranb said:
yesterday came to know from lawyer that i got an rfe about ability to pay and to show company fin docs
fyi.

perm_faq:

I think that one cannot get 3-year extenstions until the I-140 is approved. My I-140 got filed a couple of days ago, and the lawyers are also filing for my 8th year extension.

Regards,

Emil

perm_faq said:
gc_crack,

I think i had replied such querry on this thread some time before. Anyways... here it is one more time:
-You will have to restart the whole process, if you change before 140 approval.
- If you are waiting for 140 approval, then seek H1B 3-year extenstion, you can carry forward 485 with you, if you are out of 180-day [AC21] window, otherwise, you can only carry PD with you, provided the next job is similar etc etc.
- Using your LC, you can obtain 7th year extension, but when you switch employer you loose all, LC, 140...blah, blue.
- So ...make your choice.
:p

Thnx for your reply perm_faq

so if a company says they are willing to transfer my H1 after i get my 7 th year extension will they be able to transfer my H1?

Assuming the new company transferred my h1 with the 7 th year extension, to continue my GC processing i have to either start from the scratch or apply for 140 on an substitute labour in the new company, correct? Will i run into any issues if i have to do my 8 th yr extension in the new company?

perm_faq said:
gc_crack,

I think i had replied such querry on this thread some time before. Anyways... here it is one more time:
- If you are waiting for 140 approval, then seek H1B 3-year extenstion, you can carry forward 485 with you, if you are out of 180-day [AC21] window, otherwise, you can only carry PD with you, provided the next job is similar etc etc.
- Using your LC, you can obtain 7th year extension, but when you switch employer you loose all, LC, 140...blah, blue.
- So ...make your choice.

hbcsc153,

Thats TRUE... one cannot get 3-year H1B extension until I140 is approved. Below is what I said, sounds the perfect to me. **Just incase** if it sounded wrong meaning... my appologies!

"""""
""""""

Regards,

hbcsc153 said:
perm_faq:

I think that one cannot get 3-year extenstions until the I-140 is approved. My I-140 got filed a couple of days ago, and the lawyers are also filing for my 8th year extension.

Regards,

Emil

simranb said:
fyi.

My lawyer hasn't recd. anything yet - I think your LUD was 1/25 so maybe I'll get something in a day or 2 if its an RFE!!

gc_crack,

You are welcome.

YES. You can have further H1 transfers once you obtain 7th year extension[basing on your prior approved LC]. You have 1 full year with you...meaning with in that 1 year period you can restart the whole process again from scratch.

But, remember, if you want further 8-th year extension, you will have to have either PERM LC approved and pending more than year[1 year boundary condition, in your case] -or- you should have the next new I140 approval. I have to double check the *substitute LC* scenario, because, I remember some thing that DOL had changed its policy of substitue LC. Iam not sure whether it has extended that deadline. I will check it and post it here... soon.

Regards,

gc_crack said:
Thnx for your reply perm_faq

so if a company says they are willing to transfer my H1 after i get my 7 th year extension will they be able to transfer my H1?

Assuming the new company transferred my h1 with the 7 th year extension, to continue my GC processing i have to either start from the scratch or apply for 140 on an substitute labour in the new company, correct? Will i run into any issues if i have to do my 8 th yr extension in the new company?

perm_faq said:
simranb,

So this boiled down to RFE....haa...interesting. So people should note it down this formula.
----> LUD and No message change = USCIS is cooking RFE for you.

Regards,

There's no LUD, msg change and atty has not heard anything. Don't know what is getting cooked for me. A RFE atleast confirms that somebody is looking/has looked into your case.

pklam said:
There's no LUD, msg change and atty has not heard anything. Don't know what is getting cooked for me. A RFE atleast confirms that somebody is looking/has looked into your case.

I'll tell you what's happening now - we are all very patient guys, as you have to be if your labor application was filed in the great state of CA.

Now, with a sudden flurry of activity of 140 clearances or RFEs, those who haven't seen either of the 2 are panicking (myself included). The patience is now running out coz we have all waited so long and every day (hour!) of not hearing something is hitting us!!

Assumption: I have seen the change in my attitude and anxiety and I'm generalizing

nother1inline,
did you check with your lawyer today. we must have received rfe's. my lud was on 1/31. I will check with my lawyer on monday.
Regards,
Raj

nother1inline said:
I'll tell you what's happening now - we are all very patient guys, as you have to be if your labor application was filed in the great state of CA.

Now, with a sudden flurry of activity of 140 clearances or RFEs, those who haven't seen either of the 2 are panicking (myself included). The patience is now running out coz we have all waited so long and every day (hour!) of not hearing something is hitting us!!

Assumption: I have seen the change in my attitude and anxiety and I'm generalizing

Just an update:

1. My buddy got an RFE on 140 with ND Aug 24. This is couple days back.

2. I rcvd FP notice scheduled for Feb 9. Did early FP on 1/31. Had two LUDs on 485 on 1/31 and 2/1.

3. If interested, after getting your 140 approved, you may want to move to this forum: 485 Issues in California Service Center, CSC I-485 Filing- May to Dec 2005 Tracking: http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=202523&page=4&pp=15

Just to keep in touch.

140/485/131/765 RD 08/04 ND 08/05
131: AD 08/30
765: AD 08/30
140 LUD 08/13, 11/16(attorney enquiry), 01/19, 01/20(message changed) AD 01/19 RCVD 01/22
485 LUD 10/07 (attorney enquiry), 01/31(FP done), 02/01

tantan,

1. Why did your attorney made an inquiry[on 11/16/05], though your 140 RD/ND does not fall under CSC processing dates. Usually, if the RD/ND are well past behind the processing dates...then one would call Cust. Serv to know about the case status. But in your case, your atty enquired though that wasn't the case. By the way.... What was the inquiry?
2. You mentioned "message change" for 140 LUDs on 1/19, 1/20. Do you remember that message change? I mean...message changed from, change to?

Regards,

tantan said:
Just an update:

1. My buddy got an RFE on 140 with ND Aug 24. This is couple days back.

2. I rcvd FP notice scheduled for Feb 9. Did early FP on 1/31. Had two LUDs on 485 on 1/31 and 2/1.

3. If interested, after getting your 140 approved, you may want to move to this forum: 485 Issues in California Service Center, CSC I-485 Filing- May to Dec 2005 Tracking: http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=202523&page=4&pp=15

Just to keep in touch.

140/485/131/765 RD 08/04 ND 08/05
131: AD 08/30
765: AD 08/30
140 LUD 08/13, 11/16(attorney enquiry), 01/19, 01/20(message changed) AD 01/19 RCVD 01/22
485 LUD 10/07 (attorney enquiry), 01/31(FP done), 02/01

rajrw said:
nother1inline,
did you check with your lawyer today. we must have received rfe's. my lud was on 1/31. I will check with my lawyer on monday.
Regards,
Raj

Hi Raj,

I have a notice at my employer's and nothing yet at the lawyer - it says notice type approval and case type 140. I am numb and don't know if I shud celebrate yet atleast until the lawyer confirms that this is IT! I think it is but will defer confirmation until I converse with lawyer.

The following is written under Notice Type:

Approval Notice
Section: Mem. of profession w/Adv Deg. or of Exceptn'l Ability Sec. 203 (b) (2)

Congrats nother1inline!
This notice should be the I-140 approval you have been waiting so long for.

nother1inline said:
Hi Raj,

I have a notice at my employer's and nothing yet at the lawyer - it says notice type approval and case type 140. I am numb and don't know if I shud celebrate yet atleast until the lawyer confirms that this is IT! I think it is but will defer confirmation until I converse with lawyer.

The following is written under Notice Type:

Approval Notice
Section: Mem. of profession w/Adv Deg. or of Exceptn'l Ability Sec. 203 (b) (2)

Dude. What else do you need for Confirmation !!! It means your I-140 had been approved. Congratulations for clearing one more hurdle.