CSC August 2005 Filing I-140 Tracking

nother1inline,

Finger prints are immaterial -or- irrelavent to the processing of I140. Its just requires the name check. So, I don't think there is any thing cooking on your I140 yet. Here is why:

1) Your I140 RD, ND are too far from what CSC is currently working on. If I consider "rajrw" case, CSC is processing the cases filed around 3rd week to 4th week of August.
2) Most of the times, I mean 85% of FP notices are sent out are just a formality kind of stuff. Some body called "customer service" to schedule the FP Appointments, and some one got another set of notices with a different appointment date though they had already have one appointment. And some body did not receive their FP notices though they have received I140 approval.
3) Finger print checking are part of "Bio-graphic" checks done at 485 stage.

Regarding another querry: Re-scheduling of your wife's FP is Okaay. Its just like any other appointment you take with doctors or blah, blah... There is nothing wrong -or- I don't see any problem by doing so....

Hope It makes sense !

Regards,
:p

nother1inline said:
Lawyer called me to inform that my FP scheduling notice has reached them for 16th Feb! Wonder if that's an indication of what's happening with I 140 or is that from a source irrelevant to I140 ?!

Also, one question for experienced campaigners - my wife is not in town - is postponing the FP not recommended or is that fine and I can get another date pretty easily?

Last edited by a moderator:
My freind had similar situation, his wife went to the USCIS office after returning from India (passed the FP date) and still was able to get the FP done. No rescheduling, e.t.c. Went as per lawyers instructions.

nother1inline said:
Lawyer called me to inform that my FP scheduling notice has reached them for 16th Feb! Wonder if that's an indication of what's happening with I 140 or is that from a source irrelevant to I140 ?!

Also, one question for experienced campaigners - my wife is not in town - is postponing the FP not recommended or is that fine and I can get another date pretty easily?

This wouldn't be the case all the times. So the best thing would be,
- Consult your atty first and do as per his/her suggestions
- Re-scheduling is not a problem for sure...
- Talk to the "cust service" and get their guidance, if needed.

rajrw said:
My freind had similar situation, his wife went to the USCIS office after returning from India (passed the FP date) and still was able to get the FP done. No rescheduling, e.t.c. Went as per lawyers instructions.

rajrw said:
Recently we have seen approvals without change in message. hope urs are the same. I guess CSC processing time now moved to Aug 12th.

godblessall and brisk, is their any update on your case?

Regards,
Raj.
no news for me. bad thing is I cannot check status online, since my case # is not in database. :mad:

perm_faq said:
nother1inline,

Finger prints are immaterial -or- irrelavent to the processing of I140. Its just requires the name check. So, I don't think there is any thing cooking on your I140 yet. Here is why:

1) Your I140 RD, ND are too far from what CSC is currently working on. If I consider "rajrw" case, CSC is processing the cases filed around 3rd week to 4th week of August.
2) Most of the times, I mean 85% of FP notices are sent out are just a formality kind of stuff. Some body called "customer service" to schedule the FP Appointments, and some one got another set of notices with a different appointment date though they had already have one appointment. And some body did not receive their FP notices though they have received I140 approval.
3) Finger print checking are part of "Bio-graphic" checks done at 485 stage.

Regarding another querry: Re-scheduling of your wife's FP is Okaay. Its just like any other appointment you take with doctors or blah, blah... There is nothing wrong -or- I don't see any problem by doing so....

Hope It makes sense !

Regards,

Thanks man - this was helpful - I understand changing appnt is not a big deal, I just wanted to get an idea of the delays involved typically in rescheduling.

As for the cases at CSC - my RD is Aug 13th and we have seen cases cleared in that ballpark - hence the anxiety!!

nother1inline,

You are welcome.

Though your case (140) is sitting on the Adjudicator's table, FP stuff takes different route and it won't go back to his table. Meaning ... CSC has nothing todo with FP, they inturn have to forward it to FBI and "await" for the results. I think there will not be too much delay for your re-scheduled FP appointment. If you are lucky, you will get the time-slot that some body cancelled their apptmy (like the one you are missing it now)...so it all depends the date and time of your call. But make sure, your wife accompanies you when you are calling cust. service. Otherwise, they won't be able to re-schedule it. I guess it may take another, approx 20-25 days to get the next appmt, which should be Ok, as your 485 is still sitting in the pipe. Correct?

Hope it makes sense!

Regards,

nother1inline said:
Thanks man - this was helpful - I understand changing appnt is not a big deal, I just wanted to get an idea of the delays involved typically in rescheduling.

As for the cases at CSC - my RD is Aug 13th and we have seen cases cleared in that ballpark - hence the anxiety!!

perm_faq said:
nother1inline,

You are welcome.

Though your case (140) is sitting on the Adjudicator's table, FP stuff takes different route and it won't go back to his table. Meaning ... CSC has nothing todo with FP, they inturn have to forward it to FBI and "await" for the results. I think there will not be too much delay for your re-scheduled FP appointment. If you are lucky, you will get the time-slot that some body cancelled their apptmy (like the one you are missing it now)...so it all depends the date and time of your call. But make sure, your wife accompanies you when you are calling cust. service. Otherwise, they won't be able to re-schedule it. I guess it may take another, approx 20-25 days to get the next appmt, which should be Ok, as your 485 is still sitting in the pipe. Correct?

Hope it makes sense!

Regards,

If by 485 sitting in the pipe you mean did I file concurrently, yes I did. Hopefully the changed LUD means it is on someone's table and hopefully something good is heard sonner than later.

Greetings trestres!

Looks like this is the first I140 approval from September bundle.

Thanks for the update!

trestres said:
EB2 NIW
RD 09/02/2005
LUD 01/25/2006 01/26/2006
AD 01/27/2006

Good luck for everyone

good news

Wow september case!!.

Trestres, did CIS ask you any RFE for your I-140?

Thanks

trestres said:
EB2 NIW
RD 09/02/2005
LUD 01/25/2006 01/26/2006
AD 01/27/2006

Good luck for everyone

Matt30,
One thing to note (not to put anyone down), this is EB2 NIW case whose processing date is August 16th in January 24th Update as opposed to just EB2 August 8th.

The dates still haved moved which is a good sign.

Abhay

abzy2004,

Albeit! dates are moving .. but slowly like a turtle, where as VSC is at supersonic -or- hypersonic speed, they are already into Nov 1st week cases. There is noting that we or any one can do about that. Lets update each other, that way we know where is we are in this semi-world filled with darkness. Regards, :p

abzy2004 said:
Matt30,
One thing to note (not to put anyone down), this is EB2 NIW case whose processing date is August 16th in January 24th Update as opposed to just EB2 August 8th.

The dates still haved moved which is a good sign.

Abhay

140 approved!

was trying to get the message to show somebody that I could not check status online for my 140, and to my surprise, it shows message now :) :)

queston for the guru's

My 6 th yr on the H1 expires on may 06,

I have applied I140(ND 05 oct) on a substitute labor(PD 02 Jan)

I have apllied LC(in my name) about a year ago.

I am getting ready to file my 7 th year extension now

I have issues with my employer, can i change my employer at this stage?

If i can how?

Congrats Briskzhang!

Are there updates from anyone else?
nother1inline, simranb, pklam have you seen any LUDs?

My case had a LUD on 1/04/06 , nothing after that.

gc_crack,

I think i had replied such querry on this thread some time before. Anyways... here it is one more time:
-You will have to restart the whole process, if you change before 140 approval.
- If you are waiting for 140 approval, then seek H1B 3-year extenstion, you can carry forward 485 with you, if you are out of 180-day [AC21] window, otherwise, you can only carry PD with you, provided the next job is similar etc etc.
- Using your LC, you can obtain 7th year extension, but when you switch employer you loose all, LC, 140...blah, blue.
- So ...make your choice.

gc_crack said:
My 6 th yr on the H1 expires on may 06,

I have applied I140(ND 05 oct) on a substitute labor(PD 02 Jan)

I have apllied LC(in my name) about a year ago.

I am getting ready to file my 7 th year extension now

I have issues with my employer, can i change my employer at this stage?

If i can how?