CSC August 2005 Filing I-140 Tracking

Tantan,
This is my final status:

I140/I485 ND: 7/27/2005, LUD: 7/28/2005. Nada since then

EAD (spouse only): ND: 11/10/2005, LUDS: 11/20, 21, 12/1/2005.

FP (spouse only) done on 12/7/2005

tantan said:
Thanks for all the replies. Couple issues on I-140:

1- Even if the new CSC processing time shows some progress, that doesn't mean we would be entitled to inquire. Unless the processing time passes 30 days of our ND, which is less likely to happen this time. I might add that we can inquire, but they simply respond that the 140 ND is not current yet. Right?

2- lifeislife, sanliergun, doubleforest, gp111, juan_ramon, GCpossible, arbit007, please update the Aug forum if you have sent an inquiry, received a reply, or had a LUD. I sent an inquiry last month, which haven't got any response yet. My attorney sent one, which I already put that in the forum.

3- Is there a forum regarding AC-21 and issues associated with that?

Looks like I am not one of the lucky ones who get every thing done quick and clean!

I-140/485/765/131 RD: 08/04 ND: 08/05
I-131/765: Approved
I-140: RD: 08/04 ND: 08/05 LUD: 08/12, 11/16 (attorney inquiry)
I-485: RD: 08/04 ND: 08/05 LUD: 10/11 (attorney inquiry regarding FP)

TSC and NSC are processing October and Septmber cases. though the official date with VSC is May-05 many recent cases are getting approved. What happened to CSC? When will CSC wake up ?

Elsewhere in this forum people are ganging up to write letters/faxes to congressmen and senators to help with retrogression. We should be doing the same and direct our requests Ombudsman to nudge CSC forward. CSC is by far the worst performing center by months. And I'm the biggest idiot to actually apply there.

rajrw said:
TSC and NSC are processing October and Septmber cases. though the official date with VSC is May-05 many recent cases are getting approved. What happened to CSC? When will CSC wake up ?

January Visa Bulletin

January Visa bulletin is available ( from immigration-law.com )

EB2 => 01 - JAN - 01
EB3 => 01 - JUN - 99

Atleast dates moved by 6 months here.

qwerty1111 said:
Elsewhere in this forum people are ganging up to write letters/faxes to congressmen and senators to help with retrogression. We should be doing the same and direct our requests Ombudsman to nudge CSC forward. CSC is by far the worst performing center by months. And I'm the biggest idiot to actually apply there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have a choice about the Service Center you apply?

Hi qwerty1111,

Do I have any say in it or is it fixed based on employer location?

My employer is in CA so I thought CSC was the ONLY choice.

qwerty1111 said:

They are working!

I did a little research and found CSC guys are working on other types of cases, for example, I-140 for professors and NIW. The total advances in days are 755,930,540,949,600,743 for the past 6 updates ("total advances in days", is the summation of all advances in days between two updates for all types of cases, i.e., rows in the processing time table). It seems they are working as diligently as usual, just shifting focuses around. Reasonable to me.

In addition, last year (2004), there had no advance for EB2 I-140 between Nov. 19, 2004 to Jan. 21, 2005. On Jan. 21, 2005, the processing dates jumped from the "stalled" March 22 to May 7. I am guessing next time when the dates for EB2 is updated, it would be somewhere around early or mid September. My ND is September 2, and I am optimistic.

qwerty1111 said:

Reg: Cross chargeability

Hi endeaveour2003,
I got my EB2 labor approved recently. I am from India but my wife is from singapore. I am planning to file concurrently based upon my wife's country of birth. As you have already applied using cross chargeability, could you please tell me what are the main things I should submit?

I think, the dates will move faster for India for the years 2002, 2003, 2004. As you all know 1999, 2000, 2001 were boom years and many people applied for permanent residance in those years. Just prediction
and I hope the revised immigration bill would pass both the houses of senate.
Top of it, processing rate of CSC is way below than other service centers. This issue is also needs to be addressed. Hope USCIS will achieve its target by FY2006.

rajrw said:
January Visa bulletin is available ( from immigration-law.com )

EB2 => 01 - JAN - 01
EB3 => 01 - JUN - 99

Atleast dates moved by 6 months here.

I too have said the same thing in my last message. They working on some easy ones like I-765, I-131 etc etc to show some progress. But still CSC performance is way below than the remaining service centers. That is what we are worrying about. Being mostly populated state in the country with huge amount of taxes, they should adopt new technologies and move faster.

Yes you are Right! All we can do ..is just to be "Optimistic".

cnqj said:
I did a little research and found CSC guys are working on other types of cases, for example, I-140 for professors and NIW. The total advances in days are 755,930,540,949,600,743 for the past 6 updates ("total advances in days", is the summation of all advances in days between two updates for all types of cases, i.e., rows in the processing time table). It seems they are working as diligently as usual, just shifting focuses around. Reasonable to me.

In addition, last year (2004), there had no advance for EB2 I-140 between Nov. 19, 2004 to Jan. 21, 2005. On Jan. 21, 2005, the processing dates jumped from the "stalled" March 22 to May 7. I am guessing next time when the dates for EB2 is updated, it would be somewhere around early or mid September. My ND is September 2, and I am optimistic.

"You" dont have a choice. "Your employer" does. Employer has to have presence in state X if employer wants to apply from X.

Lots of companies constantly do this. Both big and small.

Endeavour2003 said:
Hi qwerty1111,

Do I have any say in it or is it fixed based on employer location?

My employer is in CA so I thought CSC was the ONLY choice.

Dont count your chickens before they hatch. CSC will definitely do its best to nip you right in the bud. CSC needs a good li'll whipping. Its good that retro is progressing and S.1932 is bring relief. But, what do you think will happen when retro lifts ? Look at NSC, they pushed back processing dates for 485 by more than 1yr at the bat of an eyelid. At CSC the bastards will do exactly the same.

Ombudsman is the only entity which can, should and would correct this but we have to ask.

perm_faq said:
I think, the dates will move faster for India for the years 2002, 2003, 2004. As you all know 1999, 2000, 2001 were boom years and many people applied for permanent residance in those years. Just prediction
and I hope the revised immigration bill would pass both the houses of senate.
Top of it, processing rate of CSC is way below than other service centers. This issue is also needs to be addressed. Hope USCIS will achieve its target by FY2006.

Last edited by a moderator:
CSC was stalling July,Aug, and Sept and then went berserk on 140
in Sept-October. It looks like CSC is stalling again (seems same for 485).
Pretty much "Kiss and Say Good Bye year 2005" to me already!

sanliergun said:
This is my final status:
I140/I485 ND: 7/27/2005, LUD: 7/28/2005. Nada since then
Haven't you or your employer (attorney) send out any inquiry regarding your 140?

I-140 approved

I (my lawyer) got I-140 approval notice yesterday. Details:

EB3 Other
140 ND = 7/26/05
140 RFE = 10/26/05
140 RFE replied = 11/18/05
140 AD = 11/30/05

There were no LUDs on RFE reply received by CSC or 140 approval.

Questions to gp111/experts:

I have read that with an approved LC and 140, an applicant can use the original PD to apply for a new LC (at a new company). Is this true? Can someone point me to the memo if you have it, please?

Does the new job have to be in the similar field? Meaning, can the approved LC and 140 for a hardware position be used, for example, for a software position at the new company?

I have ~9 months left on my H1B 6 year limit but I am sure if I join some other company I would be able to apply as EB2 Other which at this time is current. Is it advisable to make the switch given the limited time I have left on H1B? My understanding is that if PERM, I-140, and I-485 doesn't finish within the 9 months that I have left on H1B, I won't be able to apply for H1B extension at the new company because my LC application will not meet the >365 day clause. Is my understanding correct?

Thanks in advance.

BlueOysterCult said:
I (my lawyer) got I-140 approval notice yesterday. Details:

EB3 Other
140 ND = 7/26/05
140 RFE = 10/26/05
140 RFE replied = 11/18/05
140 AD = 11/30/05

There were no LUDs on RFE reply received by CSC or 140 approval.

Questions to gp111/experts:

I have read that with an approved LC and 140, an applicant can use the original PD to apply for a new LC (at a new company). Is this true? Can someone point me to the memo if you have it, please?

Does the new job have to be in the similar field? Meaning, can the approved LC and 140 for a hardware position be used, for example, for a software position at the new company?

I have ~9 months left on my H1B 6 year limit but I am sure if I join some other company I would be able to apply as EB2 Other which at this time is current. Is it advisable to make the switch given the limited time I have left on H1B? My understanding is that if PERM, I-140, and I-485 doesn't finish within the 9 months that I have left on H1B, I won't be able to apply for H1B extension at the new company because my LC application will not meet the >365 day clause. Is my understanding correct?

Thanks in advance.

What will be your PD date in your case? I just applied for 140 in Eb2 . ...still getting used to the acronyms :confused:

Well, just to let you guys know. My attorney sent another inquiry last week and got the response back. He had asked about that vague response we got from CSC that the case "will be approved in few days". Here is the reply: "Your I-140 was filed on 08/04/05 and we are working cases received on 07/29/05. Your case should be assigned to an officer for review within a few weeks. Sorry for the confusion.

M B
Center Adjudications Officer
Congressional & Customer Relations Division XII
California Service Center"

The attorney says that the employer can contact the congressman!

What a mess!