CSC August 2005 Filing I-140 Tracking

Fingerprint question?

Me and my wife did fingerprinting on Oct 28 2005 based on fingerprinting notice from USCIS and no LUD changes after fingerprinting.

Last week i received one more notice for my wife directly from Application Support Center for fingerprinting scheduled on Dec 21, 2005.

What's this all about? Why did they scheduled once again for my wife?

If this is the case after applying 485 is it not advisable to travel out of US? since we never know when we will get random appointment notice like this.

Finally received advance parole papers, Received one month after approval :eek: at my new address. Alteast address change is very effective with USCIS... :cool:

Tantan,
Here is an update on my case to add to the spreadsheet:

I140/I485 ND: 7/27/2005 LUD: 7/28/2005
I765 (spouse only): ND: 11/10/2005 LUDs: 11/21,22/2005

tantan said:
Glad to hear this. Hope you get the approval soon without any RFE...
I updated the spreadsheet:

Forum Gurus,

I know it is pretty late in the day to join this forum but this is the most relevant forum for me as I am doing a post-retrogression concurrent filing ( Cross Chargeability ). Plus the presense of all the legendary gurus in this forum including GP111 makes this forum one of the most informative and best.

I would really appreciate if you could help me with the following basic Questions.

1. What is the difference between Receipt Date and Notice Date. Are both issued by USCIS?

2. Is the Case number issued with the Receipt Date confirmation or the Notice Date confirmation?

3. On the average how many days after filing the I-140/I-485 application is the Notice date / Case Number received? Just some basic idea before I start bugging the lawyer.

4. Is there a common Case Number for I-140/I-485/I-765/I-131 or are there separate Case numbers?

5. To check the status online do we need seperate registrations for I-140/I-485/I-765/I-131 or is there a common login where you can see different filings?

Thanks

Endeavour2003 said:
1. What is the difference between Receipt Date and Notice Date. Are both issued by USCIS?

- RD is the day they receive your case, ND is when they enter your case in the system(the day they print your receipt/notice of action). Your Receipt (Notice of Action) will specify both RD & ND.

2. Is the Case number issued with the Receipt Date confirmation or the Notice Date confirmation?

Could not understand your question. But for the processing prupose the ND is used. Case numger, ND & RD all will be there in your receipt
3. On the average how many days after filing the I-140/I-485 application is the Notice date / Case Number received? Just some basic idea before I start bugging the lawyer.

2 to 3 weeks

4. Is there a common Case Number for I-140/I-485/I-765/I-131 or are there separate Case numbers?

Sepertae for each one

5. To check the status online do we need seperate registrations for I-140/I-485/I-765/I-131 or is there a common login where you can see different filings?

Only One log in account required. You can enter multiple case numbers as your portfolio
Thanks

Updated LUD

nikedude said:
Funny. Is there a way to remind CSC about missing updates/LUDs ?

I checked my application online and noticed that the LUD changed yesterday!
So, they ARE updating LUDs.... Weird

P.S. Wonder what could it be so early..

(Info in signiture)

Last edited by a moderator:
tantan said:
lifeislife, have you recieved the RFE?
shahramt, did you recieve the 140 amendment? May I ask what was it about?
gp111, any new LUD on 140? Did you ever send an inquiry?

My attorney sent another inquiry yesterday.

I-140 (EB2): RD: 08/04, ND: 08/05, LUD: 08/12, 11/16 (attorney 1st inquiry)

Yes, I did receive the RFE. I posted the details on the July tracker, since it was more applicable there.

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1295228&postcount=87

I got all the information required and sent it last week and the lawyer called me and said that they will file the information today.

Fingers crossed now! :)

Fingerprinting notice

I filed for concurrent 140 and 485 in August 2005 and got my EAD and AP in September. I'm on a business trip outside US for the last 1 month and I hadnt received any fingerprinting notice till I had left. All my postal mail is on hold and I wont get to see my postal mail for a few more weeks. I'm afraid that I might have gotten a FP notice and I might have missed the appointment date. Is there any way to check if I got a FP notice on the web/email/phone? And if so, is there a way to change the appointment date? If I have happened to miss the date, is it easy to reschedule it?

Appreciate any suggestions/help! Thanks.

Yet another week with no news on I-140. Maybe the guy who does the final stamping is gone for vacation! I hope we see bunch of approvals in the next few weeks...

tantan said:
Yet another week with no news on I-140. Maybe the guy who does the final stamping is gone for vacation! I hope we see bunch of approvals in the next few weeks...

You're right - This just sucks. Did you read about Sonupv's case getting rejected - that was a shocker - I hope we are not in this shit for another LC like experience!!

nother1inline said:
Did you read about Sonupv's case getting rejected - that was a shocker - I hope we are not in this shit for another LC like experience!!

Yeap, I guess failur to comply with what they want can be catastrophic. We all need to make sure that the attorneys respond to RFEs properly. I had similar issue with my attorney prior to filing 140. He insisted that we don't need to file company's tax return and he eventually didn't. He said USCIS cannot specifically ask for company tax return. He said the company can provide alternate documents... Sonupv's case proved me he is wrong.

gp111 was right about I-140 name check. I double checked that with my attorney and he confirmed that there is a simple name check for I-140.

Hi Guys
If nothing comes up in another 1.5 month on i-140 then we may have to start some petitions, emails etc highlighting this problem.
It sucks that CSC is processing 140's SO SLOWLY.

Part of the problem comes from the definition of backlog at service centers
A application is considered backlogged only if its pending beyond 6 months
From a pure numbers perspective, theres no incentive to CSC if they finish the case in 1 month or 5 months and 29 days. (In both cases app will never be considered backlogged)

The problem is CSC is not at all processing.
Hope they complete our cases before this year end.

arbit007 said:
Hi Guys
If nothing comes up in another 1.5 month on i-140 then we may have to start some petitions, emails etc highlighting this problem.

From a pure numbers perspective, theres no incentive to CSC if they finish the case in 1 month or 5 months and 29 days. (In both cases app will never be considered backlogged)

I dont think any of the service centers give a damn, if applications are backlogged or not. So I would think there is no incentive for them to even clear the applications in 12 months, 24 months (leave alone 5 months 29 days). Simply because there is no penalty in having backlogs at service centers or rewards for clearing them early.

arbit007 said:
Hi Guys

WhyThisDelay said:
I dont think any of the service centers give a damn, if applications are backlogged or not. So I would think there is no incentive for them to even clear the applications in 12 months, 24 months (leave alone 5 months 29 days). Simply because there is no penalty in having backlogs at service centers or rewards for clearing them early.

Is your I140 approved already?!?!

AP Received in Mail !

Last Friday, received AP for myself and for my wife in mail. AP Approved on 21-Nov-2005.

No LUD in Case Status (as usual) !

Updated Spreadsheet !

CSC system incorrect

Hi guys
my wife just got h1 approved from CSC (got actual 797 from lawyer)
However the online status still shows that they have just sent "receipt" and processing will take upto 120 days
So looks like something maybe wrong with the computer system (its not sending any emails or updating status the way its supposed to)
recently i saw lot of other similar postings on this forum, so just wanted to share my experience

arbit007 said:
Hi guys
my wife just got h1 approved from CSC (got actual 797 from lawyer)
However the online status still shows that they have just sent "receipt" and processing will take upto 120 days
So looks like something maybe wrong with the computer system (its not sending any emails or updating status the way its supposed to)
recently i saw lot of other similar postings on this forum, so just wanted to share my experience

arbit007,

Do you know if the LUD on her application changed even though the status message did not?

My LUD changed on 11/30/05, but did not get any email, no status message change... What could it mean...?