CSC August 2005 Filing I-140 Tracking

Lud ONLY Changed once --> That was when they sent us the receipt for H1-B filing 1.5 months back. There was no LUD change when it got approved
(Even now its showing LUD AS october 2nd week , which is the date we filed it)
In your case if LUD change it generally means some internal procesisng is going on by USCIS

It wouldn't mean nothing. I see lot of people saying the same thing that they see "LUD change, no message". And I have also see many saying "no LUD, nothing". I guess there is no significance of LUD ?

April4 said:
arbit007,

Do you know if the LUD on her application changed even though the status message did not?

My LUD changed on 11/30/05, but did not get any email, no status message change... What could it mean...?

AP Received

Myself and wife both got APs in mail, and there was a proper message change
that they maild AP's, but my wife got the EAD card without any message change (one LUD for both), but I didn't get the EAD yet.

Is there anybody still waiting for EAD (ND 10/07, RD 09/30)?

Conspiracy theory - rearing its ugly head !!

It's already 7th December and I would not pin too much hope on this year if another week passes with no activity. I spoke to my lawyer and she was saying the last she received an approval (though they aren't big) was for the month of July but she specifically said that that was a case of I140 only and not concurrent filing!!

There was some conspiracy theory doing the rounds of the labor clearance forum(s) about the intentional delays to avoid concurrent filing and now we have (possibly intentional) delays to clear I140s which then lead to portability soon!! Food for thought :)

nother1inline said:
It's already 7th December and I would not pin too much hope on this year if another week passes with no activity. I spoke to my lawyer and she was saying the last she received an approval (though they aren't big) was for the month of July but she specifically said that that was a case of I140 only and not concurrent filing!!

There was some conspiracy theory doing the rounds of the labor clearance forum(s) about the intentional delays to avoid concurrent filing and now we have (possibly intentional) delays to clear I140s which then lead to portability soon!! Food for thought :)

I booked a flight for Dec 26. I was hoping that I get the approval by then. Just a peace of mind. I am totally disappointed now. :-( Here is the only reply my attorney got from CSC back in Nov:

------------
Sent: Wednesday, November 16, 2005 12:20 PM
To: x
Subject: Re:WAC-xx-xxx-xxxxx

The I-140 will be approved within a few days and an approval notice will be mailed out to the address of record.

M B
Center Adjudications Officer
Congressional & Customer Relations Division XII California Service Center
-----------

Few days?! It's Dec 7 and there has not been any LUD, approval notice or any thing so far. I am sick of this system... It's already been four months since my ND.

And by the way, isn't the CSC processing time's update due these days?

Does any body know for sure that the 6 months starts ticking from 140 approval day or 485 ND?

I-140: RD: 08/04, ND: 08/05, LUD: 08/12, 11/16 (attorney inquiry)

On top of that:
As I said before, there is lot of ambiguity/uncertainity/randomness in processing the applications. Not like first come first serve basis. You are Right! if we don't see much movement in the next week to 10 days, then there WON'T be any movement for until 2nd week of January. Did you notice the LUDs problem, some body sees LUD updated and some body not and some body sees too many updates. Actually whats going-on and why they can't maintain/automate it so that whenever they touch the application LUD gets updated by itself. Looks like every thing is manual process ... assigned to contractors ... who don't like to finish their work in first place. Correct!!

nother1inline said:

tantan,

- Read my earlier message regarding the last updates.
- Processing times chart should be out any time soon, before this friday.
- 6 months tick should start from the day of filing most likely otherwise, it should be counted from notice date for 485 petition, not from 140. That is what "concurrent filing" means, Right!! Also if you looking to 180-day rule, it says: "485 pending more than 180 days" --- meaning, counted form either 485 receipt date or notice date.
- Hope it helps!

tantan said:
I booked a flight for Dec 26. I was hoping that I get the approval by then. Just a peace of mind. I am totally disappointed now. :-( Here is the only reply my attorney got from CSC back in Nov:

------------

The I-140 will be approved within a few days and an approval notice will be mailed out to the address of record.

M B
-----------

Few days?! It's Dec 7 and there has not been any LUD, approval notice or any thing so far. I am sick of this system... It's already been four months since my ND.

Does any body know for sure that the 6 months starts ticking from 140 approval day or 485 ND?

perm_faq said:
- 6 months tick should start from the day of filing most likely otherwise, it should be counted from notice date for 485 petition, not from 140. That is what "concurrent filing" means, Right!! Also if you looking to 180-day rule, it says: "485 pending more than 180 days" --- meaning, counted form either 485 receipt date or notice date.
- Hope it helps!

My attorney believes that 180 days after 140 approval would be safe to file for potability. I don't know if he is being conservative or playing on employee's side. Do you know where I can find the memo/USCIS docs on this?

tantan said:
My attorney believes that 180 days after 140 approval would be safe to file for potability. I don't know if he is being conservative or playing on employee's side. Do you know where I can find the memo/USCIS docs on this?

Your Attorney is Wrong (or taking employer's side)..

AC-21 clearly states the eligibility starts "AFTER 180 days of I-485 Filing"

tantan,

Iam 100% correct of what I said. Look at: Murthy's Reference (below) regarding what I said.
Hope it helps!!

===========================
Question 1 : Is it the receipt date or the notice date that governs the counting of the 180-day period under AC21? TOP

Based upon the wording of the law and the INS interpretation of AC21, the 180 days should be counted from the date the INS receives the filing at one of its Service Centers. This is not the notice date, which reflects the several days or weeks the INS takes to issue the Receipt Notice. The 180 days are calendar days, not business days.
============================

tantan said:

tantan,

Referring to my first message to you of "Concurrent filing": Here is direct answer to your question from Carl Shusterman.

================================================
Question: In the case of concurrent filing of the forms I-140 and I-485, are the 180 days counted from the day of I-140 approval or from the date of I-485 receipt?

Carl: The 180 days always starts when the I-485 is received by the BCIS. This person brings up a good point. Since July 31, 2002, the INS began allowing I-485 to be filed simultaneously with I-140s as long as the priority date is current.
================================================

Let me know, if that helped !!

tantan said:

tantan said:

------------

M B
-----------

I booked my flight to go out of the country on Dec 25th also hoping that I'd get the I140 approved by then (4.5 months after filing!) but I guess now it won't be that much fun.

I was going to comment on your question of when the 180 days start but it has been amply clarified already. Hope that's of some solace but again without the I140 approval, it's all a world of dreams :)

What a find!!

I just read a post in the "June cases" forum and just wanted to bring it up here also. www.immigrationwatch.com has some startling facts on the dates of approvals of I140 and I1485. Don't know how much that can be trusted but if it's true, it's pretty amazing with couple aug cases and 1 Sept case having cleared the 485 stage!!!

Thanks for all the replies. Couple issues on I-140:

1- Even if the new CSC processing time shows some progress, that doesn't mean we would be entitled to inquire. Unless the processing time passes 30 days of our ND, which is less likely to happen this time. I might add that we can inquire, but they simply respond that the 140 ND is not current yet. Right?

2- lifeislife, sanliergun, doubleforest, gp111, juan_ramon, GCpossible, arbit007, please update the Aug forum if you have sent an inquiry, received a reply, or had a LUD. I sent an inquiry last month, which haven't got any response yet. My attorney sent one, which I already put that in the forum.

3- Is there a forum regarding AC-21 and issues associated with that?

Looks like I am not one of the lucky ones who get every thing done quick and clean!

I-140/485/765/131 RD: 08/04 ND: 08/05
I-131/765: Approved
I-140: RD: 08/04 ND: 08/05 LUD: 08/12, 11/16 (attorney inquiry)
I-485: RD: 08/04 ND: 08/05 LUD: 10/11 (attorney inquiry regarding FP)

tantan said:
Thanks for all the replies. Couple issues on I-140:

1- Even if the new CSC processing time shows some progress, that doesn't mean we would be entitled to inquire. Unless the processing time passes 30 days of our ND, which is less likely to happen this time. I might add that we can inquire, but they simply respond that the 140 ND is not current yet. Right?

2- lifeislife, sanliergun, doubleforest, gp111, juan_ramon, GCpossible, arbit007, please update the Aug forum if you have sent an inquiry, received a reply, or had a LUD. I sent an inquiry last month, which haven't got any response yet. My attorney sent one, which I already put that in the forum.

3- Is there a forum regarding AC-21 and issues associated with that?

Looks like I am not one of the lucky ones who get every thing done quick and clean!

I-140/485/765/131 RD: 08/04 ND: 08/05
I-131/765: Approved
I-140: RD: 08/04 ND: 08/05 LUD: 08/12, 11/16 (attorney inquiry)
I-485: RD: 08/04 ND: 08/05 LUD: 10/11 (attorney inquiry regarding FP)

Hi Tantan,

There is no sense in asking them at this point, I will send an inquiry when the processing time passes 30 days of our ND. I have the same ND as you, so please keep posting updates on your case.

tantan:

No update in LUDs is already reflecting these "processing times". As I said yesterday in reply to your message, the processing times are "around the corner" and they come out any time soon. Looks like they processed only easy ones like EAD, AP leaving every thing else during these 15-days time period.

Must be lot of people on vacation since thanks giving day until end of the month. No activity ... since then. I would say: there will NOT be any update in the next report too ... which is due tobe released between Dec 25th to End of the month. Atleast they could have processed I-140s.

Is it a CSC staff retrogression? or month vacation? CAN'T HELP!

tantan said:
CSC I-140 for Advanced Degree or Exceptional Ability has not moved forward since 10/05 (http://www.aila.org/content/default.aspx?bc=1016|8767|6740). That's two months without any progress (https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/Processtimes.jsp?SeviceCenter=California). Sucks!

THANKS for the link.

nother1inline said:
I just read a post in the "June cases" forum and just wanted to bring it up here also. www.immigrationwatch.com has some startling facts on the dates of approvals of I140 and I1485. Don't know how much that can be trusted but if it's true, it's pretty amazing with couple aug cases and 1 Sept case having cleared the 485 stage!!!