CSC August 2005 Filing I-140 Tracking

AP docs wait time?

My wife's AP got approved on Nov 8th, but we still have'nt received the documents in the mail. Anyone else with the same timeline awaiting AP docs?

Extend H1-B?

Is there a compelling reason for an applicant to extend H1-B status (6yrs on H1 coming up) with an approved EAD and AP? 140 and 485 pending.

Or is it ok to go on EAD once the H1-B expires on completion of 6yrs. I believe the H1 can still be extended based on a pending 485, correct?

Thanks,
DB

Immigrant/Non-immigrant status

I have had this question about H1 vs EAD myself. My wife is the derivative
beneficiary of my petition and is on H1.

On receiving EAD, she can switch to using it by filing I-9. Does she not lose her H1 status forever then?

If for some reason, my I-140/485 gets denied, would she automatically go back to H1? Or would she go out of status?

What's safer...H1->H4->EAD->H4 (if denied) or H1->EAD->outofstatus for derivative beneficiaries?

Will filing a change of non-immigrant status when AOS is pending not complicate things for INS?

Cheers,
Dabuk

maverick13 said:
My wife's AP got approved on Nov 8th, but we still have'nt received the documents in the mail. Anyone else with the same timeline awaiting AP docs?

Yup, we are as well.

db9 said:
Is there a compelling reason for an applicant to extend H1-B status (6yrs on H1 coming up) with an approved EAD and AP? 140 and 485 pending.

Or is it ok to go on EAD once the H1-B expires on completion of 6yrs. I believe the H1 can still be extended based on a pending 485, correct?

Thanks,
DB

If you don't need ot invoke your EAD then its safer to stick to H1 B. I am in the exact same situation as you and just got my H1 extended for another year (have the receipt notice for that in hand!). My advice wud be to get the H1 extended since it can be based on pending I140 .

piyushj said:
Hi all,
I was wondering how long is the average processing time for an I-140 if everything goes smoothly? The USCIS website says 270-300days. Is it as long as that?

Secondly what is the criteria for AC-21 rule?

Should the I-485 6 month pending requirement be valid AFTER the I-140 approval or the I-485 should be pending by itself for atleast 6 months independent of the status of the I-140 (Pending/Approved; Ofcourse assuming I-140 is not rejected which voids everything)?

To clarify the question, I have filed for concurrent I-140/I-485? Assuming my I-140 approval comes in 6 months, can I move to a new place using AC-21? Or should I wait a further 6 months (6+6 = 12 months), before I move on to something else?

Thanks

Piyush,

Iam still waiting for EAD/AP approvals, though I had filed few days earlier than you. Seems like, CSC processesing is undeterministic and random.

Guys,

Is there any one else in this situation? :cool:

Thanks

piyushj said:
Hi all,
I was wondering how long is the average processing time for an I-140 if everything goes smoothly? The USCIS website says 270-300days. Is it as long as that?

Secondly what is the criteria for AC-21 rule?

Should the I-485 6 month pending requirement be valid AFTER the I-140 approval or the I-485 should be pending by itself for atleast 6 months independent of the status of the I-140 (Pending/Approved; Ofcourse assuming I-140 is not rejected which voids everything)?

To clarify the question, I have filed for concurrent I-140/I-485? Assuming my I-140 approval comes in 6 months, can I move to a new place using AC-21? Or should I wait a further 6 months (6+6 = 12 months), before I move on to something else?

Thanks

perm_faq said:
Piyush,

Iam still waiting for EAD/AP approvals, though I had filed few days earlier than you. Seems like, CSC processesing is undeterministic and random.

Guys,

Is there any one else in this situation? :cool:

Thanks
What is your RD,ND and LUD. ? I am also waiting with same sitution. I do not understand what is going on at CSC. :confused:

AP messages

Should I be expecting another message after this one for AP approval, even if I have not changed my address?

<B> <I> This case has been approved. On November 9, 2005, an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address </B> </I>

The AP wait is pretty frustrating :(

dabuk said:
Should I be expecting another message after this one for AP approval, even if I have not changed my address?

<B> <I> This case has been approved. On November 9, 2005, an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address </B> </I>

The AP wait is pretty frustrating :(

mine took 10 days. don't worry

S1932 and HR4241 -ACTION NEEDED BY FOLKS AFFECTED BY RETROGRESSION

S1932 and HR4241 -ACTION NEEDED BY FOLKS AFFECTED BY RETROGRESSION

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guys,
The house version of the budget cut bill has been passed after a lot of drama this morning.the house version of the bill does not have the releif provisions for the immigration issues like
Recapture of Visa Numbers
Eligibility to file 485 after 140 is approved with a non-current PD etc
The next step would be the Conference subcommitte will meet to create a unified bill of the Senate version and the house version ( Senate version has the provisions and the House version does not)
SO PLEASE spend atleast 10-15 minutes of your daily time RELEGIOUSLY FOR THIS CAUSE to either
EMAIL,
FAX
or if you could CALL the Capitol Switch board and ask the delegates to support including the provisions of the Senate version into the final BILL
this is a GREAT chance for us to create a good releif to our situation right now.

PLS VISIT HTTP://ISNAMERICA.ORG/HOMEPAGE.ASP AND REGISTER AND LOGIN TO USE THE FREE WEBFAX SERVICE
IT DOES NOT COST YOU CENT TO DO IT SO PLS SPARE THE REQUIRED TIME

HERE IS A MESSAGE in the ISNAMERICA FORUM of how to contact the representatives
Please ask me questions if you dont know how to
I know we all are busy in our lives and tend to think some one else will take care of the problems for us,
but if we dont unite and work here we wont acheive this goal, so i urge you to show the support which wont take more than 15 minutes of your DAILY time.

MESSAGE FROM FORUM

More action still needed
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As most of you know already, Bill S.1932 deals with Budge Reconciliation and its immigration packet has a clause that allows filing I-485 regardless of visa number availability as well as obtaining EAD and Advanced Parole with the pending I-485.

Though S. 1932 was passed on 11/3/05 in the Senate and its similar House version H.R. 4241 barely passed on 11/18 (217-215). The immigration clause in S.1932 can't be enacted and acted upon unless it is approved by both the Senate and the House. What's the next legislative step you might ask?

Conference Committee consisted of Senators and House Representatives still need to reconcile the differences between H.R. 4241 and S. 1932. The process of drafting the uniform bill could potentially leave out the clause relevant in relieving visa retrogression.

Everyone looking at this list should help out and write/fax/call the Congressional delegates in the Senate and the House because anti-immigration force would also lobby hard to get the Congressman to not inclulde the clause related to resolving visa retrogression, which many readers in this forum desperately need.

Please ask your friends and family members (i.e. parents, spouse, brothers and sisters) to write/fax/phone to your Congressional Delegates TODAY to show the support of S.1932.

There is a free service provided at http://www.IsnAmerica.org that allows you to efficiently send however many faxes to members of the Senate/House using the WebFax Service. The registration only takes a minute and you can send the faxes to ALL Senators and House of Representatives in your state who are undecided or pro-immigration with just a simple click of a button. My friend and I have used it and it works nicely.

For your information, the list below shows the leaders in the House and Senate and they may have profound influence on the committee member selection as Speaker of the House names the members for the conference. Since the WebFax can easily fax to all members of the Senate and the House, it is worth faxing to all members in your state and then call up the leaders at Congressional switchboard at 202-224-3121 to show your support and express your concerns.

***** LEADERS IN THE HOUSE *****
- Dennis Hastert (R-IL) -- Speaker of the House
- Roy Blunt (R-MO) -- Majority Leader
- Deborah Pryce (R-OH) -- Republican Conference Chair
- Jim Nussle (R-IA) -- Chair of Budget Committee Chair
- Jim Sensenbrenner (R-WI) -- Chair of Judiciary Committee
- Lamar Smith (R-TX) -- Senior Member of the Judiciary Committee

***** LEADERS IN THE SENATE *****
- Bill Frist (R-TN) -- Majority Leader
- Mitch McConnell (R-KY) -- Majority Whip
- Jon Kyl (R-AZ) -- Republican Policy Committee Chair
- Arlen Specter (R-PA) -- Chair of the Judiciary Committee
- Judd Gregg (R-NH) -- Chair of the Budget Committee
(source - Hammond Law Group update)

Unfortunately, none of the leaders I have listed are based in California. It will be tremendous help if all readers of the forum send the faxes (from states covering the leaders as well) because the anti-immigration lobbyists might have similar tools and/or better experience in organizing their campaigns.

Thanks!! --ed

EAD/AP Non-deterministic???

Hi guys,
I am not sure why the EAD/AP approvals are out of order. But I wasn't expecting mine to be approved so early either. I thought it would take somewhere close to 3months.
But I think you should give it a couple of more weeks before initiating anything with your lawyer, unless you require EAD immediately.
Good luck.

Waiting_LC_GC said:
What is your RD,ND and LUD. ? I am also waiting with same sitution. I do not understand what is going on at CSC. :confused:

Thanks

piyushj said:
Hi guys,
I am not sure why the EAD/AP approvals are out of order. But I wasn't expecting mine to be approved so early either. I thought it would take somewhere close to 3months.
But I think you should give it a couple of more weeks before initiating anything with your lawyer, unless you require EAD immediately.
Good luck.
One more q's, How you find out that your EAD approved. Through online status www.uscis.gov or what ? Did you received some thing at home regarding EAD ? How to find out the LUD of EAD/140/485 ?
Thanks,

I-140 delays..

http://www.immigration.com/fromtheagency/csc111605.html

Name and security checks for I-485 applications are done at the same time

The FBI fingerprint check is a separate process. Name and security checks are initiated at time of filing. Security checks are also done on I-140, I-131 and I-765 applications separately from the I-485. These checks are initiated at time of filing for all applications

----------------------

This explains the I-140 delay & Randomness !!

gp111 said:

The FBI fingerprint check is a separate process. Name and security checks are initiated at time of filing. Security checks are also done on I-140, I-131 and I-765 applications separately from the I-485. These checks are initiated at time of filing for all applications

----------------------

security checks are something different than name check and FP check?!
and even if it is a separat check, it seems AP and EAD should also be approved after the security check is cleared but we don't see any delay for AP and EAD approval.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ead/ap Lud

I actually received an email from USCIS (I had registered online) and then received a letter a few days later. A few days after that I received the EAD cards.

Waiting_LC_GC said:
One more q's, How you find out that your EAD approved. Through online status www.uscis.gov or what ? Did you received some thing at home regarding EAD ? How to find out the LUD of EAD/140/485 ?
Thanks,

Piyushj
Did you receive your AP approval letter in the mail too? or just the EAD? My wife's AP was approved on 11/8/05 but we have still not received the paper copy.

piyushj said:
I actually received an email from USCIS (I had registered online) and then received a letter a few days later. A few days after that I received the EAD cards.

140 and 485 question

Hi Guys,

I have a 140 filing date of 29th August 2005(in EB -3 category). I have seen some updates occuring every fortnight on the CSC website. It seems that the processing dats for this category, for I - 140 cases haven't moved at all. Would any one of u happen to know where we stand as of now i.e. which date cases are being processed?
Also, I was told my lawyers that I can't file 485 due to retrogession and I'll have to wait till my PD(7/1/2002) becomes current.I heard the visa dates have gone back to november 1999. Do u guys know, if we have made any progress on that or can you guys point me to a site which I can check to keep track of the 485 status?
Any help from u guys will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Ajay

gp111 said:

----------------------

1- Got a LUD on 140 on 11/16! Any news from I-140 front? LUD? inquiry? phone call? approval? Please update...

2- gp111, so there is a 'Name check', there is a 'security check', and there is a 'FBI fingerprint check'. What means what and who's doing the stuff?

Isn't it true that 'FBI fingerpring check' is a background criminal check performed by FBI and 'Name check' has something to do with department of homeland security? Please share your info.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: