CSC August 2005 Filing I-140 Tracking

Sorry, i messed up the dates...here is the correct one:

i have an approved I-140 with my previous employer, which had a priority date of 2000 november, but that company closed on Aug 2001, and i changed my job on September 2001, can I still recapture this old priority date? my newI-140 is pending right now. Anyone had this experience? please advice!

toughgc said:
Sorry, i messed up the dates...here is the correct one:

i have an approved I-140 with my previous employer, which had a priority date of 2000 november, but that company closed on Aug 2001, and i changed my job on September 2001, can I still recapture this old priority date? my newI-140 is pending right now. Anyone had this experience? please advice!

Yes you can. Ask your Attorney to submit the copy of old I-140 to recapture the PD.

Is there a LUD when request is processed by USCIS?

gp111 said:
Yes you can. Ask your Attorney to submit the copy of old I-140 to recapture the PD.

Hi gp111, I am also in the same situation. I have an old approved I140. My lawyer sent a request to CIS last week. Is there a LUD once they process the request or put it in the file?

piyushj said:
Hi all,
I was wondering how long is the average processing time for an I-140 if everything goes smoothly? The USCIS website says 270-300days. Is it as long as that?

Secondly what is the criteria for AC-21 rule?

Should the I-485 6 month pending requirement be valid AFTER the I-140 approval or the I-485 should be pending by itself for atleast 6 months independent of the status of the I-140 (Pending/Approved; Ofcourse assuming I-140 is not rejected which voids everything)?

To clarify the question, I have filed for concurrent I-140/I-485? Assuming my I-140 approval comes in 6 months, can I move to a new place using AC-21? Or should I wait a further 6 months (6+6 = 12 months), before I move on to something else?

Thanks

I have the same question - however, my lawyer says that for concurrent filing, the 6-months' clock starts from the day I-140 is approved. Therefore, if it takes 4 months for I-140 to be approved, then to use AC-21, one needs to wait for a total of 10 months from the date of concurrent filing of I-140/485. Is there any conclusive law/legal opinion to validate/clarify this?

Also, my I-485 was filed by the lawyer who has been hired by my current employer. If I use AC-21 and change my employer, then how do I get the rest of I-485 processed without depending on this lawyer? Do I have to get a new lawyer, or will the BCIS do all correspondence with me only?

heysanjeev said:
I have the same question - however, my lawyer says that for concurrent filing, the 6-months' clock starts from the day I-140 is approved. Therefore, if it takes 4 months for I-140 to be approved, then to use AC-21, one needs to wait for a total of 10 months from the date of concurrent filing of I-140/485. Is there any conclusive law/legal opinion to validate/clarify this?

Also, my I-485 was filed by the lawyer who has been hired by my current employer. If I use AC-21 and change my employer, then how do I get the rest of I-485 processed without depending on this lawyer? Do I have to get a new lawyer, or will the BCIS do all correspondence with me only?

Don't mind my Language, Either your Attorney is Stupid & non sense like many others OR may be too smart & loyal to your current employer.

You are eligible to change jobs in same/similar profile using AC-21 after 180 days of I-485 ND.

You can file change of lawyer with AC-21 & USCIS will communicate with new lawyer.

Search for AC-21 on Google & you will file lots of documents about this.

kpm2005 said:
Hi gp111, I am also in the same situation. I have an old approved I140. My lawyer sent a request to CIS last week. Is there a LUD once they process the request or put it in the file?

I guess you will not see any message reflecting this. But make sure when you receive I-140 approval it shows the original (old) PD, If not ask USCIS to correct it.

So there is a chance !

Thank you for the info,
If I understand correctly, I will be reducing the chances of running into problems if I don't transfer my H1-B (I'm in my 5th year of H1 so there is no extension possible) and if my current employer cooperates with me in case of an RFE on my I140, then I will have a chance to work with my EAD and my green card process will continue. I only must make sure that my current employer does not drop my I-140 and do not report to INS regarding the termination of my job.
Another question though. If they RFE and ask for pay check, then would I have a chance or would I definitely be screwed?

Ray S. said:
AC21 applies only to approved I140 and 6 months after applying for 485.

However if your employer does not withdraw your I140 and you get no RFEs for your I140 and your 140 gets approved, you stand a chance of invoking AC21 privileges. Unfortunately you will need to be very lucky and will need your employer's co-operation.

USCIS won't come looking for you if you use your EAD to fetch employment from another employer however at the time of filing for an H1-B extension or H1-B transfer you might run into problems. Bottomline you're not authorized to use your EAD for full time employment without invoking AC21 privileges and informing USCIS in a timely manner of your intention.

Good Luck!

I-140!!!

Seems like I-140 approvals are stuck at one place for a long time - anybody has any idea what's going on or is it just that time of the year!! :)

May be they are overwhelmed by flood of 140/485s filed just before Sept. 30.. may be just another excuse..

dates havent moved even by 1 day over last 2 reports . this means no one is even looking at i140s filed .
Lazy buggers at CSC, do some work ! (had to vent out here. How many of us would survive doing such a lousy job at our workplace ?)
CSC is now behind both TSC AND NSC for 140's .
(Guys remember old horror days when wait was in terms of years not months ) I wish we had some accountability for tons of our money spent on USCIS

yes 140 seems to have gotten rather slow

At other service centers people start calling the service center. Some people have actually experimented and posted the sequence of numbers to press to get to a live person at the service center. Normally its not public knowledge and requires some amount of fooling around with the telephone options.

Maybe its time we do the same for CSC ?

tantan said:
Looks like it! Mine has been already three months. It sucks! The attorney and I sent one inquiry each, for which we didn't get any response. Did you guys send any inquiry lately?

http://www.immigrationwatch.com/ser...RA_WACI140&batch_index=1&order_by=rd&total=82

I-140: RD: 08/04 ND: 08/05 LUD: 08/13

Strange things are happening to my I-140 case.
First, it got approved on Oct 12th but message was not updated. On Nov 8th, 9th and 10th, 3 LUDs with approval message.
Today it changed again with the following message:
"An amended notice on this case was mailed ....."

Any idea what this is?

shahramt said:
Strange things are happening to my I-140 case.
First, it got approved on Oct 12th but message was not updated. On Nov 8th, 9th and 10th, 3 LUDs with approval message.
Today it changed again with the following message:
"An amended notice on this case was mailed ....."

Any idea what this is?

Has your Attorney received anything from CSC after OCT12 ??

Ammended Notice means, something was wrong in original I-140 approval ( Name, company name, A #, Priority Date etc.) so they corrected it & send it again.

gp111 said:
Has your Attorney received anything from CSC after OCT12 ??

Ammended Notice means, something was wrong in original I-140 approval ( Name, company name, A #, Priority Date etc.) so they corrected it & send it again.

Thanks gp111,

My employer and the attorney both received the approval notice and I did not find anything wrong in the notice. and even if something is wrong, why do they go back and check it again unless there is another reason to reopen the file!

qwerty1111 said:
At other service centers people start calling the service center. Some people have actually experimented and posted the sequence of numbers to press to get to a live person at the service center. Normally its not public knowledge and requires some amount of fooling around with the telephone options.

Maybe its time we do the same for CSC ?

If you have the posts handy, please copy/paste them here in Aug forum. I guess it's in best interest of all of us to start contacting USCIS.

The last time it moved after being stuck, the dates were moved by 2 months. Hope it repeats this time. Being optimistic.

Raj.

arbit007 said:
dates havent moved even by 1 day over last 2 reports . this means no one is even looking at i140s filed .
Lazy buggers at CSC, do some work ! (had to vent out here. How many of us would survive doing such a lousy job at our workplace ?)
CSC is now behind both TSC AND NSC for 140's .
(Guys remember old horror days when wait was in terms of years not months ) I wish we had some accountability for tons of our money spent on USCIS

My worst guess

rajrw said:
The last time it moved after being stuck, the dates were moved by 2 months. Hope it repeats this time. Being optimistic.

Raj.
I suspect these guys will not pick up 140 since the 485 dates are not current, eben thogh it is not related to 140.

srignram said:
I suspect these guys will not pick up 140 since the 485 dates are not current, eben thogh it is not related to 140.

Only India & China is retrogressed (for EB-2).. so atleast they should process some I-140s

NSC -EB2

I-140/485/EAD/AP RD: 7/20/05

I-140 LUD: 7/26/05(self)
AP LUD: 09/30/05 (self,RFE photos received)
EAD LUD: 09/27/05 (self,RFE photos received)

Bio metric: code 3- 10/02/2005 (me & wife)

I-485 LUD: 10/4/05 (self)
I-485 LUD: 10/4/05 (wife)

AP LUD: 09/14/05 (wife, approved)
EAD LUD: 09/21/05 (wife, approved)

11/07/05 - calles USCIS and started enqurity on I140 and it
takes one month to get the feedback)

Any one knows why delay on my I140?

Thank a lot