CSC August 2005 Filing I-140 Tracking

tantan said:
1- Got a LUD on 140 on 11/16! Any news from I-140 front? LUD? inquiry? phone call? approval? Please update...

2- gp111, so there is a 'Name check', there is a 'security check', and there is a 'FBI fingerprint check'. What means what and who's doing the stuff?

Isn't it true that 'FBI fingerpring check' is a background criminal check performed by FBI and 'Name check' has something to do with department of homeland security? Please share your info.

Thanks

good to hear about the progress in your I-140.
I,m still waiting for this amended notice that CSC has sent me. maybe it's just a wrong message, who knows!

Congratulations on getting ur 140 touched. Hope it will be approved soon.
Glad to know that they actually started working on August cases.
TSC and NSC are very very fast. VSC - v c some approvals atleast.
God knows what happened to CSC.

Raj

tantan said:
1- Got a LUD on 140 on 11/16! Any news from I-140 front? LUD? inquiry? phone call? approval? Please update...

2- gp111, so there is a 'Name check', there is a 'security check', and there is a 'FBI fingerprint check'. What means what and who's doing the stuff?

Isn't it true that 'FBI fingerpring check' is a background criminal check performed by FBI and 'Name check' has something to do with department of homeland security? Please share your info.

Thanks
:cool: :cool:

CSC new processing date is out.

No progress on AP, I-140 and EAD but I-485 has moved 14 days in the past 14 days

shahramt said:
CSC new processing date is out.

No progress on AP, I-140 and EAD but I-485 has moved 14 days in the past 14 days

When was the last time 140 dates changed? How does it work exactly? Maybe they are just not updating it?

April4 said:
When was the last time 140 dates changed? How does it work exactly? Maybe they are just not updating it?

i guess 140 changed on oct-5th the last time. AP and EAD have been moving forward continuously.

retain old priority date

gurus,

I have one approved LC and 140 in my previous company. However, that company was acquired after I joined in my current company. Now my current company LC was approved. Can I recapture my old prority date? Is my old I-140 still valid even though the company doesn't exist?

Please help me. Thanks!

gc1gc said:
gurus,

I have one approved LC and 140 in my previous company. However, that company was acquired after I joined in my current company. Now my current company LC was approved. Can I recapture my old prority date? Is my old I-140 still valid even though the company doesn't exist?

Please help me. Thanks!

Yes. Your Old PD is still valid. When you apply for I-140 just attach the old approved I-140 with a request of recapturing old Priority Date.

Got my Interim EAD !

Today went to local USCIS office and got interim EAD card for myself and for my wife. EAD Petition was pending for more than 90 days.

Yesterday, attorney received I-140 Approval notice with a correction, which requested on original approval notice.
I140 AD: 10/17
Requested for correction: 10/18
Received corrected Approval notice: 11/17.

I've updated ImmigrationPortalAugTracker.xls.

I've some questions:
1. Do I still have H1B Visa status?
2. Does my wife still have H4 status?
3. When do I need to apply for SSN for my wife?
4. What else I need to do?

dkgdkg said:
Today went to local USCIS office and got interim EAD card for myself and for my wife. EAD Petition was pending for more than 90 days.

Yesterday, attorney received I-140 Approval notice with a correction, which requested on original approval notice.

I've some questions:
YES
YES
Anytime.. Just go to SS office with EAD & Passport & apply
Relax, Enjoy & Wait for GC

dkgdkg said:

I've some questions:

Couldn't resist repeating what GP said - relax, enjoy and wait for GC - don't knopw if you realize, you are one of the very luck ones :)

gp111,

Thanks for your reply.

So you mean that there is no impact on the validity of the I-140 no matter the employer exist or not?

gp111 said:
Yes. Your Old PD is still valid. When you apply for I-140 just attach the old approved I-140 with a request of recapturing old Priority Date.

gc1gc said:
gp111,

Thanks for your reply.

So you mean that there is no impact on the validity of the I-140 no matter the employer exist or not?

Your I-140 is not Valid But your Priority Date is !!

ar-11 - address change

GP111, gurus - please reply.

I forgot to send ar11 form the last time I changed address (about 2 years ago). Will it come and haunt my 485 decision?? What can I do now to amend it - since it's been a long time.

Thanks.

Please support Sections 8001 and 8002 of S. 1932 in the conference process.

http://www3.capwiz.com/c-span/issues/bills/?billtype=H.R.&billnumb=4241&congress=109

click above link and send the below letter to your local house member

Dear Member of Congress,

Ø As we begin Fiscal Year 2006, America’s long-term economic health must be at the forefront of our nation’s legislative agenda. I am writing to alert you to several issues that we believe pose a significant threat to U.S. competitiveness and economic security. Leading business and scientific organizations recently warned that the United States is in danger of losing its innovative edge. Lagging student interest in math, science and engineering, coupled with a pattern of reduced government investment in basic research in the physical sciences are troubling indicators for the future. These disturbing trends must be reversed.

Ø As we continue efforts to grow our pipeline of American scientists and engineers, we need to enable U.S. companies recruiting at U.S. universities to have access to all the graduates – including foreign students. For example, in electrical engineering, 56 percent of master’s and 66 percent of the PhD graduates of U.S. programs in 2004 were foreign students. We should open the doors wide to these talented individuals. Unfortunately, current U.S. Government policies are going in the exact opposite direction. If U.S. businesses are not able to hire or retain these employees, our overseas competitors will.

Ø The green card process also needs reform to enable employers to hire and retain the best qualified individuals in sufficient numbers. We believe that those individuals with the education, experience, knowledge and skills critical to U.S. competitiveness in the 21 st Century should be granted priority permanent resident status. Such reforms would significantly assist U.S. employers in retaining that talent, as well as alleviate the overwhelming demand for H-1B visas. USCIS’ efforts to reduce application backlogs have created another problem – unavailability of permanent visas, frequently called “green cards.” As of October 1, 2005, the State Department has set the clock backward – adding years to the wait for a green card for thousands of foreign professionals from countries such as India, China and the Philippines. The impact of the new restrictions will make it nearly impossible for these highly educated and skilled workers to gain permanent residence in the United States in the foreseeable future. Moreover, the recent unavailability of visas will force thousands of professionals to put their lives on hold, with the inability to change jobs, locations or employers.

Ø To make matters worse, many of these professionals – including researchers, scientists, teachers and engineers – will see their wait for permanent residency drag on for many more years. Our system of backlogs, delays and unpredictability is discouraging and unwelcoming, forcing many valued employees to seek employment in other nations. This is not only disruptive to U.S. employers and our economy, but exceedingly unfair to hard-working, valued members of the American workforce. Access to this talent keeps innovation and jobs in the United States. Tapping America’s Potential and the National Association of Manufacturers’ 2005 Labor Day Report are available at www.competeamerica.org and www.nam.org.

Ø The U.S. Senate passed S. 1932 which includes Section 8001 and Section 8002 to resolve the foregoing problems which this nation faces. The House bill, H.R. 4241, failed to include these important parts of the budget reconciliation legislation. Please support Sections 8001 and 8002 of S. 1932 in the conference process.

Thank you.
Sincerely your name,
Address
Tel no

Can someone please explain what is going with these immigration bills/laws being lobbied by the immigration community in layman's words.

Raj.

hI

THE SENATE AND HOUSE have to save lot of money in next decade. There are 2 ways proposed. The senate proposes to increase the fee for L1 Visa and also other types of Visas. In addition they also recommnded immigration reforms which would also help to generate more income. This includes increasing H1 B visa quota, Re-capturing Green card unused numbers and also allowing people to file for I-485 along with I-140, post retrogression. Each of these measures will generate more income. This proposal got approved by the Senate.

The House on the other hand proposes to only increase the fee for L1 visa but not provide immigration relief. This also got approved in the House last week.

Now the propsal from senate and the proposal from House have a discrepancy i.e one proposes immigration relief and the other does not i.e. House.

The next step is to reconcile the differences between the 2 bills. This involves setting up a joint comittee of the Senate and the House members and come up with a common bill which can be presented to the President for his approval. At this moment we do not know if the common bill will have immigration reforms or not. It is hoped that the common comittee will be setup in 1st week of december. Once the common bill is generated it will go back to the senate and house for their approval and if both approve of it then it will go to the president.

rajrw said:
Can someone please explain what is going with these immigration bills/laws being lobbied by the immigration community in layman's words.

Raj.

Thank you very much for clarifying it.
Raj.

inque said:
THE SENATE AND HOUSE have to save lot of money in next decade. There are 2 ways proposed. The senate proposes to increase the fee for L1 Visa and also other types of Visas. In addition they also recommnded immigration reforms which would also help to generate more income. This includes increasing H1 B visa quota, Re-capturing Green card unused numbers and also allowing people to file for I-485 along with I-140, post retrogression. Each of these measures will generate more income. This proposal got approved by the Senate.

The House on the other hand proposes to only increase the fee for L1 visa but not provide immigration relief. This also got approved in the House last week.

Now the propsal from senate and the proposal from House have a discrepancy i.e one proposes immigration relief and the other does not i.e. House.

The next step is to reconcile the differences between the 2 bills. This involves setting up a joint comittee of the Senate and the House members and come up with a common bill which can be presented to the President for his approval. At this moment we do not know if the common bill will have immigration reforms or not. It is hoped that the common comittee will be setup in 1st week of december. Once the common bill is generated it will go back to the senate and house for their approval and if both approve of it then it will go to the president.

AP is approved

Hi,

My AP is approved.. If anybody is waiting i hope this info. helps. :)

RD: Sep30th, ND Nov7th
140: LUD1 10/15/2005
485:LUD 10/15/2005, LUD2 11/04/2005(FP done on 11/03)
EAD:LUD1 10/15/2005, LUD2 11/15/2005(No message change)
AP:LUD 10/15/2005 AD:11/21/2005(message approved).

Last edited by a moderator: