CSC August 2005 Filing I-140 Tracking

UIGC said:
Thank you TanTan.

Actually I am asking for suggestions not instructions. Sorry If my message is not clear.

What I am trying to ask is, are there any disadvantage if we file these two forms our selves. Did any body filed these two forms(I-131 & I-765) on their own and not through lawyer?. Thanks in advance for your valuable suggestions.

There's no disadvantage if you file it on your own assuming you do it correctly.

GC4Allu said:
Updated xls after EAD approval. Please use the latest sheet to do ur updates.
Updated Tracker with my complete information. Please use this to update your information.

Congratulations GC4Allu.... Good News that you got your EAD. I guess nother1inline and ME are the only ones left with PD before 8/22 and AP approved, BUT STILL WAITING ON EAD ...

I guess it should be any time soon for both of us ...

Last edited by a moderator:
UIGC said:
Thank you TanTan.

Actually I am asking for suggestions not instructions. Sorry If my message is not clear.

What I am trying to ask is, are there any disadvantage if we file these two forms our selves. Did any body filed these two forms(I-131 & I-765) on their own and not through lawyer?. Thanks in advance for your valuable suggestions.

Both can be filed online (& pay by credit card). Lot of people has done that. Please see the following links for more info.

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=108916

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=137247

Lud

Just received an email about the LUD on my 485. Msg says "the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made"

pklam said:
Just received an email about the LUD on my 485. Msg says "the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made"

I had the same LUD today. I will update the tracker soon.

Fingerprinting appointment

Hello,

Can i fix biometrics appointment behalf of my wife? or my wife need to call separately?

I am trying to get appointment on the same date for me and my wife.

Thanks

shaaka said:
Hello,

Can i fix biometrics appointment behalf of my wife? or my wife need to call separately?

I am trying to get appointment on the same date for me and my wife.

Thanks

You can get appointment for your wife, they will ask your wife to be there with you / on conf call when you take appointment for her.

Finger print question. Help.

Hi,

I am on EB2 and filed I-140/I-485 together.

Got the I-485 receipt and called for an appointment for FP. I went there and they took only my right index finger print, photo and signature. I talked to my lawyer and she told me that they're supposed to take all my ten fingerprints.

I called back to the 800 number today and asked the lady about my situation, she said the same thing as my lawyer told me. So she made me another appointment on Oct 25th.

I heard that some one got rejected when they asked for 10 fingerprint at the sanjose center. Please help me what should I do. I know that alot of employment base I-485 cases face the same problem because of the stupid un-professional work of people at the San Jose center.

Please adivce if you went through this issue. My lawyer did not give me any tip. He sucks too :(

Thanks in advance

Atlast EAD Approved for GC_Jogi

I just received an email about my EAD Approval. Updating the tracker. Please use this latest one to update in future.

gp111 said:
You can get appointment for your wife, they will ask your wife to be there with you / on conf call when you take appointment for her.

As always Thanks a lot GP111.

are we supposed to receive any confirmation letter for the Biometrics FP appointment? What should we say to the ASC when they ask for it?

Question

shahramt said:
They are going to accept your file and keep it as pending and meanwhile you can apply for AP and EAD but your I-485 won't be processed until the PD becomes current.

Hi guys, does this mean that I can file my I-485 even if my PD is not current (EB3 Case). Please clarify, my lawyer thinks the opposite. :confused:

juan_ramon said:
Hi guys, does this mean that I can file my I-485 even if my PD is not current (EB3 Case). Please clarify, my lawyer thinks the opposite. :confused:

I meant if at the time, the PD is current and is going retrogress soon. If not current, you have to wait.

Fingering...

Updated the tracker with my information.

Biometrics - had scheduled for 10/14, but walked-into the San Jose center on a Wednesday and got it done. They interpreted it to be ASC code 2, and just took prints of one finger, in addition to signature and photo. My I-485 LUD got updated on that day. Questions:

1. It seems biometrics results are out only for pklam so far (based on his status update on I-485), and he had gone to Oakland center who took all 10 fingerprints. Hypothesis: you need fingerprints of all 10 fingers (ASC code 3) for the processing to continue. Does anyone have any information or experience to prove or disprove it?

2. Has anyone tried to go for repeat fingerprinting with all 10 fingers, after having already gone for 1 fingerprint - without any new letter from BCIS? Does anyone know if they will allow this? (The ASC staff, not the guys that only give appointments - they know nothing).

3. Has anyone tried walk-into San Jose Center on Friday or Saturday? Do they entertain? If so, then I am willing to try repeat fingerprinting for all 10 fingers, and report the results to you all.

4. I am expecting my AP and EAD approval anytime soom, and am planning for a trip to India. How soon do you get physical EAD card and AP after approval?

Thanks

heysanjeev said:
Updated the tracker with my information.

Biometrics - had scheduled for 10/14, but walked-into the San Jose center on a Wednesday and got it done. They interpreted it to be ASC code 2, and just took prints of one finger, in addition to signature and photo. My I-485 LUD got updated on that day. Questions:

1. It seems biometrics results are out only for pklam so far (based on his status update on I-485), and he had gone to Oakland center who took all 10 fingerprints. Hypothesis: you need fingerprints of all 10 fingers (ASC code 3) for the processing to continue. Does anyone have any information or experience to prove or disprove it?

2. Has anyone tried to go for repeat fingerprinting with all 10 fingers, after having already gone for 1 fingerprint - without any new letter from BCIS? Does anyone know if they will allow this? (The ASC staff, not the guys that only give appointments - they know nothing).

3. Has anyone tried walk-into San Jose Center on Friday or Saturday? Do they entertain? If so, then I am willing to try repeat fingerprinting for all 10 fingers, and report the results to you all.

4. I am expecting my AP and EAD approval anytime soom, and am planning for a trip to India. How soon do you get physical EAD card and AP after approval?

Thanks

My results are out and the LUD are same as pklam. I had gone to Pittsburgh Center and my ASC Code was 3. All 10 Fingers Printing. I am not too sure if you need ASC-3 to continue processing. But for me, it moved in a week's time after it was done.