CSC August 2005 Filing I-140 Tracking

matt30 said:
I went to Biometrics couple days ago and they took only my right index fingerprint, photo and signature. I heard some one got 10 FP.

If anyone know what is the different and do we have to go through the two processes?

If so, when does the 10 FP happen after you get your biometric done?.

Please advice, I will keep my case up to date for you guys. and will answer question if it's in my knowledge.

Thank you

You will be called for one more FP. Code 2 FP is for children .

GP111, other gurus - need your help

I am preparing to file concurrent 140/485 using a substitute LC. I am aiming to apply by 9/26 (all documentation is complete on my side).

I have a concern. My lawyers and paralegal sound over-confident of their abilities. But in the past I know that my lawyer had made mistake of not signing on all pages where her signature were required (that was in LC stage).

Is there a way that I can contact USCIS, once my lawyers fedex my application to them. I know that the USCIS would issues a receipt date in about 2 weeks, but my concern is if my lawyer messed up somewhere (as she did last time), I want to take timely action within September. Once october arrives, I wont be able to file AOS.

Is there a phone # / email of USCIS - where I can enquire about my case before 30th September (before receiving the receipt notice)?

Thanks in advance.

WhyThisDelay said:
I am preparing to file concurrent 140/485 using a substitute LC. I am aiming to apply by 9/26 (all documentation is complete on my side).

I have a concern. My lawyers and paralegal sound over-confident of their abilities. But in the past I know that my lawyer had made mistake of not signing on all pages where her signature were required (that was in LC stage).

Is there a way that I can contact USCIS, once my lawyers fedex my application to them. I know that the USCIS would issues a receipt date in about 2 weeks, but my concern is if my lawyer messed up somewhere (as she did last time), I want to take timely action within September. Once october arrives, I wont be able to file AOS.

Is there a phone # / email of USCIS - where I can enquire about my case before 30th September (before receiving the receipt notice)?

Thanks in advance.

I'm no guru but once you prepare docs and fedex them, the fedex receipt is technically your receipt date. It just takes 1-3 weeks for you to get them from USCIS. Whetever happens after that i.e. signature missing and the like is not going to change your receipt date!!

Apply as soon as possible!!!! Small mistakes can always be corrected afterwards by USCIS issuing an RFE.
Don't miss this window, God only knows when it will get open again.

WhyThisDelay said:

Thanks in advance.

Will they process I485 if sent before OCT1

I just sent my I140 & I485 forms to be filed by end of this month. Will they process my I485 because I filed before OCT 1 or they will just keep it pending till my PD gets current. Doesn't it mean that since they are accepting the I485 for month of september there is availabe visa for it, so they would process it.
Any gurus can you please clairfy?

gc123_quest said:
I just sent my I140 & I485 forms to be filed by end of this month. Will they process my I485 because I filed before OCT 1 or they will just keep it pending till my PD gets current. Doesn't it mean that since they are accepting the I485 for month of september there is availabe visa for it, so they would process it.
Any gurus can you please clairfy?

They are going to accept your file and keep it as pending and meanwhile you can apply for AP and EAD but your I-485 won't be processed until the PD becomes current.

Applied 140/485

Hi ,

My 140 /485 have been recieved by DOL in Lake Forest, CA yesterday (09/21). Any idea how long it takes to receive the receipt numbers. Is the receipt# sent to both lawyer and applicant or only to the lawyers.

Thanks
Ravi

ravi_kiran99 said:
Hi ,

My 140 /485 have been recieved by DOL in Lake Forest, CA yesterday (09/21). Any idea how long it takes to receive the receipt numbers. Is the receipt# sent to both lawyer and applicant or only to the lawyers.

Thanks
Ravi

Sent only to lawyer - give it 2-3 weeks max

My lawyer did not filed I-765 and I-131 for spouse along with I-140, I-485. I want to file these two forms my self.

Guru's, please provied your suggestions.

Thanks,
UIGC

-------------------------------------
Labor Approved: May ,2005
Labor Approval Received: Aug'08 2005
140/485-EB2-filed on Sep 15 ,2005

I had the biometrics paragraph in the I-485 notice and the San Jose ASC did a code 2.

I talked to my lawyers and they said the ASC should have taken fingerprints of all 10 fingers ie code 3 not code 2.

I went back to the San Jose ASC but the supervisor there refused to take all 10 prints saying he believed it should have been code -2.

We need to get this sorted out soon. There seems to be no information among the USCIS staff on which code the I-485 notice refers to ( there is no explicit code printed).

I called the national 1800 USCIS number and they were not too sure which code it should have been.

Please talk to your lawyers and get this sorted out.

My lawyers have said that without all 10 prints the FBI will not clear your name check and the I-485 will not get approved.

My lawyers are trying to get more information from USCIS.

FY2006 visa number increased --Unconfirmed

A chinese web posts (translated by my friend):

The number of EB visa number is going to be increased from 140,000 to 248,000. Extra numbers come from converted family-based:7000, unused FY1999-2004:101,000
To be confirmed....

Here is another link for the news, source still unknown though.

http://www.ilw.com/immigdaily/#comment

It also mentioned relief solutions 'being considered' such as moving DV visa numbers to the EB category and giving AP and EAD to I-140 applicants and their spouses.

I hope this is not just some wishful thinking far from reality. Fingers crossed...

GCpossible said:
A chinese web posts (translated by my friend):

The number of EB visa number is going to be increased from 140,000 to 248,000. Extra numbers come from converted family-based:7000, unused FY1999-2004:101,000
To be confirmed....

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks a lot GP111. My attorney received the receipt notices yesterday.

I have another question other than EAD and AP what else will be sent to my address rather than attorney's address?

updated tracker spreadsheet

gp111, wouldn't it be easier to maintain this sheet on yahoo group that you have created (in the database section)?

This downloading and uploading of spreadsheet can cause problems if someone takes some time to update their information after downloading the file. No?

In any case, my information has been added to this sheet...

Update the spreadsheet.

My I-140 was approved in two months.

EB2-CSC
LC approved: June 2005
I-140/I-485/EAD: ND: July 22 2005

EAD: AD: Aug 21 2005, Recieved: August 30 2005
I-140: AD: Sept. 20 2005 (never be able to check status online until approval)
I-485: Pending (can not check status online)

easterstr said:
My I-140 was approved in two months.

EB2-CSC
LC approved: June 2005
I-140/I-485/EAD: ND: July 22 2005

EAD: AD: Aug 21 2005, Recieved: August 30 2005
I-140: AD: Sept. 20 2005 (never be able to check status online until approval)
I-485: Pending (can not check status online)

Hi,

When you say you were never able to check status online, do you mean the WAC number entry had no record or there was no LUD change since first date?

Kindly clarify