CSC August 2005 Filing I-140 Tracking

MA001 said:
With I-140 pending OR approved, can one apply for EAD?

EAD has no connection with I-140.. EAD can be applied only on basis of pending I-485 (to be applied with or after I-485)

shahramt said:
Has anybody with ND of before Aug 15th tried to set an appointment for biometrics? Should we wait for FP notice or we should call them?

I've been posting the same question before. Looks like nobody did. Even if
we do get an appointment, we still need the original 485 receipt with the
biometrics instruction on that. My lawyer advised me to wait.

Early FP attempt failed

Matt,

Did you go to the San Jose ASC to have your FP done yesterday? If you did, were you asked to present a separate FP notice from the ASC? Or the notice on the I-485 receipt was enough to get you through? Did they verify your appointment confirmation number?

Like most people here who filed I-485 recently, I also got my FP notice on the I-485 receipt. I called and got a confirmation number for an appointment on 15-OCT in the San Jose ASC.

I went there today trying to take an early FP but the officer at the door refused to let me in :confused: . He asked me to show him the ASC FP notice and he didn't even bother to take a look at my I-485 receipt. Although I explained the new process to him, he kept mentioning he needs the FP notice from a sparate mail and asked me to go home and wait for that mail. I told him I already have a confirmation number from the ASC for the appointment (and I didn't mention I came in earlier than appointment date) but he still insisted he could not let me in without the FP notice :( . He didn't even bother to verify my confirmation number in their system so I am sure he didn't know I went there early. It just seems that without a ASC FP letter, people can't even get into the door!

Has anyone who went for FP exactly at the appointment date with only the I-485 receipt and the ASC confirmation number had any problem like this?

Appreciate all your sharings.

matt30 said:
Called for FP appointment today 09/19/2005
Got an appointment for the next day 09/20/2005 ( I did not expect that they have so many time spot available in san jose. I thought It would schedule me sometime next month)

Last edited by a moderator:
I140 approved in 21 days

Hi,,

Just so you all know, USCIS is processing Aug 2005 I140 cases. I received email from USCIS about my I140 approval today.

myslm

Labor PD: June 2001
140/485/131/765 RD: 8/30/05
140 AD: 9/20/05
485/131/765 AD: ? ? ?

myslm said:
Hi,,

Just so you all know, USCIS is processing Aug 2005 I140 cases. I received email from USCIS about my I140 approval today.

myslm

Cool.. Just confirming, its CSC (California Service Center) Right ?

myslm said:
Hi,,

myslm

Cannot get better than this... that means they are really close. I haven't had
any LUDs on my I-140 yet. So far, we had one RFE with ND of 08/15, LUDs
on cases with ND of late July. Approvals on mid July and in one case late Aug!
Looks like there is an officer who actually works!

I-140 approved at CSC in two month

tantan said:
Cannot get better than this... that means they are really close. I haven't had
any LUDs on my I-140 yet. So far, we had one RFE with ND of 08/15, LUDs
on cases with ND of late July. Approvals on mid July and in one case late Aug!
Looks like there is an officer who actually works!

After I read some encourage news from this forum, I check my I-140 status online and it was approved on Sept. 20. Actually, I can not check my case status online until they were approved such as my EAD.

Here is my info. Please help me to update in the spreadsheet since I don't have excel.

EB2-CSC
LC approved: June 2005
I-140/I-485/EAD: ND: July 22 2005

EAD: AD: Aug 21 2005, Recieved: August 30 2005
I-140: AD: Sept. 20 2005 (never be able to check status online until approval)
I-485: Pending (can not check status online)

easterstr said:
After I read some encourage news from this forum, I check my I-140 status online and it was approved on Sept. 20. Actually, I can not check my case status online until they were approved such as my EAD.

Here is my info. Please help me to update in the spreadsheet since I don't have excel.

EB2-CSC
LC approved: June 2005
I-140/I-485/EAD: ND: July 22 2005

EAD: AD: Aug 21 2005, Recieved: August 30 2005
I-140: AD: Sept. 20 2005 (never be able to check status online until approval)
I-485: Pending (can not check status online)

Updated the excel sheet...

Updated Excel sheet with my Info

Hi,
My Attorney filed I-140,I-485,EAD,AP on 9/15th and got the receipt notices today. Updated the excel sheet. Pls. use this and update yours.

pan4GC said:
Matt,

Did you go to the San Jose ASC to have your FP done yesterday? If you did, were you asked to present a separate FP notice from the ASC? Or the notice on the I-485 receipt was enough to get you through? Did they verify your appointment confirmation number?

matt30 said:
Called for FP appointment today 09/19/2005
Got an appointment for the next day 09/20/2005 ( I did not expect that they have so many time spot available in san jose. I thought It would schedule me sometime next month)

Hi Pan4GC

Yes I went to the Sanjose center on Charcot Ave. First they asked me for a FP letter and I show them my I-485 receipt with the note on Biometric appointment. Then they let me in. It took me 20 mins. They took my right index finger print, photo and signature. You need to show them the Biometrics note on your I-485 receipt.

Good luck

Status online?

There is no column which displays the current status of the applications in my portfolio online. How does one know when they are approved, just via email? This is the only site for all types of applications(EAD, AP, etc) right? Case Status Online

Thanks.

yes. you recv emails. else you can click on your WAC# and read case status

db9 said:
There is no column which displays the current status of the applications in my portfolio online. How does one know when they are approved, just via email? This is the only site for all types of applications(EAD, AP, etc) right? Case Status Online

Thanks.

Question on Biometric and FP

I went to Biometrics couple days ago and they took only my right index fingerprint, photo and signature. I heard some one got 10 FP.

If anyone know what is the different and do we have to go through the two processes?

If so, when does the 10 FP happen after you get your biometric done?.

Please advice, I will keep my case up to date for you guys. and will answer question if it's in my knowledge.

Thank you

Biometrics

matt30 said:
I went to Biometrics couple days ago and they took only my right index fingerprint, photo and signature. I heard some one got 10 FP.

If anyone know what is the different and do we have to go through the two processes?

If so, when does the 10 FP happen after you get your biometric done?.

Please advice, I will keep my case up to date for you guys. and will answer question if it's in my knowledge.

Thank you

Well, i had been to the Oakland ASC and they took the prints of all the 10 fingers, signature and photo. It was code 3. I believe code 2 will have only right thumb print. I don't know how they decide to assign which code and whether one needs the prints of all the fingers.
Hey, it should be fine as long as they don't call you again...