CSC August 2005 Filing I-140 Tracking

Guys: This update is quite unfortunate for me it seems. Have not been able to talk to my laywer but my HR rep did. Now she has no idea what he told her..went over her head. I think what she gathered is that USCIS is telling my lawyer to convert the case from EB2 to EB3. Not sure why :(

Here is my Q. Will they expect us to re-file or do they just convert from EB2 to EB3? We barely made the dates to file concurrently. If they ask us to re-file, me and my wife shall not be able to get benefits of EAD/AP and that would be such an unfortunate thing. I shall talk to the lawyer on Thursday where he is going to explain things to me.

Until then I am worries...will I have to re-file and loose 485 benefits? Or does USCIS simply convert EB2 to EB3?

To add salt to the wounds, just got an email from USCIS that my EAD has been approved and cards shall be mailed out soon, when ready. If my EB2 is not converted to EB3 and 485 needs to be refiled..it would be quite unfortunate..having received cards which are useless! :(

Does anyone have any info on above?

dcmetro22042 said:
Guys: This update is quite unfortunate for me it seems. Have not been able to talk to my laywer but my HR rep did. Now she has no idea what he told her..went over her head. I think what she gathered is that USCIS is telling my lawyer to convert the case from EB2 to EB3. Not sure why :(

Here is my Q. Will they expect us to re-file or do they just convert from EB2 to EB3? We barely made the dates to file concurrently. If they ask us to re-file, me and my wife shall not be able to get benefits of EAD/AP and that would be such an unfortunate thing. I shall talk to the lawyer on Thursday where he is going to explain things to me.

Until then I am worries...will I have to re-file and loose 485 benefits? Or does USCIS simply convert EB2 to EB3?

To add salt to the wounds, just got an email from USCIS that my EAD has been approved and cards shall be mailed out soon, when ready. If my EB2 is not converted to EB3 and 485 needs to be refiled..it would be quite unfortunate..having received cards which are useless! :(

Does anyone have any info on above?

You don't have to refile I-485 /EAD/AP... If your lawyer thinks EB-3 has better chances for your case, apply for a fresh EB-3 I-140 & link it to current I-485 if EB-2 one gets denied. EAD & AP issued are still valid.

Hope this helps

Are you sure?

In such case any EB3 could file I-485 with EAD and AP till October 1 as EB2 and then after denial re-link it to new EB3. I thought if I-140 denied then all I-485, EAD and AP linked to it are also denied. The only way to re-link it if EB3 was current or PD is current on the moment of filing I-485, which is not the case for dcmetro22042.

gp111 said:
You don't have to refile I-485 /EAD/AP... If your lawyer thinks EB-3 has better chances for your case, apply for a fresh EB-3 I-140 & link it to current I-485 if EB-2 one gets denied. EAD & AP issued are still valid.

Hope this helps

fan123 said:
Hi db9,

What dcuments did you take with you - original or copy of I-485 receipt?
Original I-485 receipt
Did you call 800 number and took an appointment?
Yes
If yes, did you have a confirmation number for the appointment?
Yes
Did you go on the appointment date?
I went one day earlier because I had to travel. They were ok with that.

What did ASC ask for before proceeding with FP?
Nothing really

Thanks,
fan123

Last edited by a moderator:
nother1inline said:
They were courteous!! Wow - that's a new one ! FP based on 485 receipt - was that code 1 or 3?! I think I should call them again - maybe the confusion is resolved.

Code 3

Kindly respond ASAP

gp111: Are you sure about this? Do you know of cases where this has worked? If this were true, this would lift a tremendous load off my chest. EB2 not getting approved would make me really unhappy but atleast getting EB3 and most importantly not loosing 485 benefits would be really really helpful for me and my wife.

Regards

gp111 said:

Hope this helps

Early FP Rejected at San Jose USCIS

Bad Experience :-(
I went to the San Jose USCIS office with my family, along with the original FP notices scheduled for Dec 1st.
The lady at the front counter rejected and said that you have to reschedule the date.
She also said she is the backup supervisor for today, and if they do for one they have to do this for all.
I showed her my air tickets that I will be out of country during Dec 1st but she still did not accepted.
Any suggestons from anyone?

Got the Receipt Notices from CSC

RD 09/30
ND 10/07
CSC

Called USCIS and took the FP appointment.

Hi GP111,
What should we do if we get the seperate FP notice, any thoughts?
My Closest ASC is San Jose, since they have appointments available in december, I took November appointment in SanFrancisco, the represetative told itz OK to take appointment in any ASC, that OK right?

San Jose ASC

kittydesire said:
you can come at 3:00PM. At that time few people go to . Maybe they will accept you.

I went there earlier than the appointment date. I reached San Jose ASC after 3pm. There was not another person in line. Still they refused. It's all your luck...

any new 140 approvals from CSC ?

Havent heard of 140 approvals from CSC in some time.
please post dates if 140 is approved

gc_line said:
Bad Experience :-(
I went to the San Jose USCIS office with my family, along with the original FP notices scheduled for Dec 1st.
The lady at the front counter rejected and said that you have to reschedule the date.
She also said she is the backup supervisor for today, and if they do for one they have to do this for all.
I showed her my air tickets that I will be out of country during Dec 1st but she still did not accepted.
Any suggestons from anyone?

Try Again next week.. Or try another ASC.

dcmetro22042 said:
gp111: Are you sure about this? Do you know of cases where this has worked? If this were true, this would lift a tremendous load off my chest. EB2 not getting approved would make me really unhappy but atleast getting EB3 and most importantly not loosing 485 benefits would be really really helpful for me and my wife.

Regards

I will get back to you very soon with further Information / Document on this.

Lucky2005 said:
RD 09/30
ND 10/07
CSC

Called USCIS and took the FP appointment.

Hi GP111,
What should we do if we get the seperate FP notice, any thoughts?
My Closest ASC is San Jose, since they have appointments available in december, I took November appointment in SanFrancisco, the represetative told itz OK to take appointment in any ASC, that OK right?

You will also get a seperate FP notice. If you don't get it before you go for this FP then go as per Appointment you have taken on phone, If you get it before you go, take the notice with you. If you get it after you done your FP, you might have to go back again. (Sometimes if you don't show up for FP it can create delays)

gp111 said:
You will also get a seperate FP notice. If you don't get it before you go for this FP then go as per Appointment you have taken on phone, If you get it before you go, take the notice with you. If you get it after you done your FP, you might have to go back again. (Sometimes if you don't show up for FP it can create delays)

Thanks GP,
We are planning India trip, I just wanted to FP done early,
but If we have to go their again as per FP notice, then itz not worth taking the early appointment ( but I already took, so I have to make two trips).

This is another question, If I use AP, do I need to move to EAD, or the H1 will be valid?

Thanks in advance, you are very helpful.

Any recent EAD Approvals?

My AP was approved on Oct 21st and EAD is not yet approved :mad: . Any one whose RD is between Sept. 21st to 25th and pending EAD/AP?

My Case
140/485/EAD/AP: RD : 9/21/2005
AP : AD: 10/21/2005
EAD: No change.

I am kind of frustrated as I will be changing the address by this month end and don't want to loose the EAD in transition.

Cavenkat
My spouse's EAD got approved today, so yours should be coming very soon. We are still waiting for her AP however. Check signature for relevant dates.

cavenkat said:
My AP was approved on Oct 21st and EAD is not yet approved :mad: . Any one whose RD is between Sept. 21st to 25th and pending EAD/AP?

My Case
140/485/EAD/AP: RD : 9/21/2005
AP : AD: 10/21/2005
EAD: No change.

I am kind of frustrated as I will be changing the address by this month end and don't want to loose the EAD in transition.