Countries LPR can visit without a Visa?

legalInDC

Registered Users (C)
I know that once you have a GC, you can visit the following countries without a visa:

1)Canada
2)Mexico
3)UK
4)Switzerland

Does anyone know of any other countries who have similar agreements with the US?

I know that once you have a GC, you can visit the following countries without a visa: Does anyone know of any other countries who have similar agreements with the US?

It all depends on your country of citizenship. Please search this forum; this gets asked numerous times.

Uk!

I know that once you have a GC, you can visit the following countries without a visa:

1)Canada
2)Mexico
3)UK
4)Switzerland

Does anyone know of any other countries who have similar agreements with the US?

My understanding is that you need a visa for UK

NOT the UK

You will need a visa to enter the UK unless your underlying nationality allows you to enter the UK without a visa. In other words your green card is not relevant to the visa question--that is the British will NOT admit you because you have a green card.

Last edited by a moderator:
A more correct wording of the question would be

"Which countries allow green card holders who are citizens of any country or almost any country to visit without a visa?"

In most of the case, visa waiver is bilateral treaty between your country of citizenship and the country you want to visit and your status in the US does not matter. Switzerland is quite exceptional.
Ask embassy/ consulate of the country in question.

A more correct wording of the question would be

"Which countries allow green card holders who are citizens of any country or almost any country to visit without a visa?"

I may be wrong but I believe Canada is the only country which allows green card holders who are citizens from any country to enter without a visa ( no questions asked). Luckily I can visit the UK and Mexico (2 dream vacation destinations) without a visa thanks to my country of origin.

I am EU citizen, so Canada, Mexico, Swiss and UK are visafree for us (especially UK and Swiss).

But how about Australia, Thailand, New Zealand, Russia, ... ? Many Europeans need visa to these countries. So do Americans?

I am EU citizen, so Canada, Mexico, Swiss and UK are visafree for us (especially UK and Swiss).

But how about Australia, Thailand, New Zealand, Russia, ... ? Many Europeans need visa to these countries. So do Americans?
I can definitely say that Americans and EU citizens need visa to Russia. Only Russian citizens and citizens from some former USSR republics don't need visa.

Australia = Everyone sans New Zealand passport holders need either an ETA (Electronic Travel Authorization) or a visit visa
Thailand = EU, US and Canadian passport holders (amongst others) can visit visa free
New Zealand = EU, US and Canadian passport holders (amongst others) can visit visa free
Russia = US and Canadian passport holders need a visa for sure

But how about Australia, Thailand, New Zealand, Russia, ... ?