Count 6 months from which date after GC?

raminator said:
Now we just have to find some other topic to snipe and start flame wars ;)

Or we better utilize our time more effectively by not posting too much in these forums :rolleyes:

dsatish said:
[
scenario5) Irrespective of salary differences, if there is a potential threat that the GC sponsorer(employer) may complain to INS about your leaving the company, then it is better to work for atleast 3 months. That way you are covered under the 30-60-90 day guidelines (which might be the only guide line / regulation that comes closest to this issue).

30-60-90 day policy is for CP processing, right? Can that be applied here?

In ref. to scenario 5, I would like to see the company threaten some of our outspoken forum members. Results might be too graphic and not suitable for many :D

dsatish said:
Added scenario 5 to take into account the "threat by employer" factor.

Has anybody been threaten like that by employer?? I haven't seen any /heard anybody like that. If anybody knows, post it.

And that threat will be based on "intent"(or non-intent) after getting GC. Then why only employer can issue threat, (ex) spouse can also issue same threat that his/her wife/husband never had any intent to work with sponserer after GC with evidence and as spouse, he/she have more knowledge about "intent" of GC holder than anybody else. Does CIS gives same weight to spouse's threat as employer's threat??

qwerty987666 said:
And that threat will be based on "intent"(or non-intent) after getting GC. Then why only employer can issue threat, (ex) spouse can also issue same threat that his/her wife/husband never had any intent to work with sponserer after GC with evidence and as spouse, he/she have more knowledge about "intent" of GC holder than anybody else. Does CIS gives same weight to spouse's threat as employer's threat??

Not to argue with you, but here the GC in question is 'Employment based', not 'Family based' and the 'intent' is 'Employment', not 'Marriage'. So obviously, 'Spouse' doesn't come in to picture.

GC050102 said:
Not to argue with you, but here the GC in question is 'Employment based', not 'Family based' and the 'intent' is 'Employment', not 'Marriage'. So obviously, 'Spouse' doesn't come in to picture.

I am talking about "'Employment based" GC only. Its about "intent" after getting GC.Who can tell better about "intent" of GC holder about if he wants to work with employer permenently or NOT? Spouse knows "intent" than anyone else in the world, spouse knows if GC holder has geinuely wants to work with employer or GC holder just hanging in to get GC and kick off employer after (say) 10 months... Then its lack of intent. Then why can't spouse issue same threat as employer???

I don't understand why people are so upset about Joe's post on this topic.
He is only suggesting a safe strategy. He is not telling anyone to break the rules or do anything risky. Even if his advice is not entirely correct, one would only be erring on the side of caution by following his advice.
It definitely must be frustrating for most of us(me included) to wait another 6 months but that's how the system works. In my case, I have chosen to continue employment with my employer. I will lose a few thousand dollars by doing so, but I want to have peace of mind about what I am doing and avoid that gnawing feeling at the back of my mind if I am doing something unsafe.

tekworker said:
It definitely must be frustrating for most of us(me included) to wait another 6 months but that's how the system works. In my case, I have chosen to continue employment with my employer. I will lose a few thousand dollars by doing so,

Has anybody told you that 6months is safe??Will that individual take gurentee about safeness??? of course NOT. After 6months , you might feel 1 yr more safe and so on... This is just sytematic induction of fear of non-existent laws. Is there any CIS publication to support this theory?? NO.,then why you made such poor decesion??

Thats not how system works, you made your choice based on some bambarded postings by one individual. Contact your lawyer, explain your situation, discuss alternatives and follow his advice not somebody who claims how system works by his wacho imagination. :D :D

The Battle rages on . . . . .

This "After GC Forum" is becoming like a circus. I used to contribute but now, mostly browse to read the humor that arises from JoeF's camp and the "enemy" camp. :rolleyes:

I guess some do not like the JoeF'n style of totalitarianism. Sure, JoeF’ian military was the most recognized force on this forum for a while until the insurgency started. Any dictator is deemed a target. As the insurgency mounts fierce battle with new members, the military stays in the games with military precision backed by wealthy sympathizers!

The battle rages on . . . . . :D

Upstate_NY said:
As the insurgency mounts fierce battle with new members, the military stays in the games with military precision backed by wealthy sympathizers!

The battle rages on . . . . . :D

Can you point me to where this wealth is? Would prove beyond doubt the surfing for profit theory.

raminator said:
qwerty,
My spouse will never do such a thing.... ;)

Good for you. But does that mean everybody's spouse won't do such things?? We are discussing possibilities here. The q/s is can employer threaten GC holder for "non intent" for possible revokation of GC , if answer is YES then why can't spouse do that?? Its matter of proving "non-intent" of GC holder, which spouse can prove easily with abundance access to GC holder's intent. Isn't it?? Does CIS discriminates spouse's evidence?? or Employer can (try to) revoke GC is just one more hoax on this forum?? :D :D

Anyone who is known to the GC holder can run to the CIS or BCIS or which ever higher authority and cry fraud . Its really upto them to decide which cases are meritorious and which ones not wasting their time.
To answer your question,querty , IMO , the authority would def. consider the complaint irrespective of company,spouse,parent etc, its really their compelling arguement and proof would decide the investigation.

However, as a matter of general information, the rule is that at the time a person processes for an I-551 stamp, it is that point at which the person becomes a permanent resident.

raminator,

Does this mean that the passport stamping date ( which i guess is what your lawyer means when talking about " processes I-551 stamp" ) is the point at which the person becomes permanent resident, and NOT the I-485 approval date?

Thanks dsatish for your informative post. The thread i started was just to get more info / opinions on this important topic , not for mud-slinging.

My apologies to the Moderators and forum-users if the thread has become too heated.

gctechie said:
However, as a matter of general information, the rule is that at the time a person processes for an I-551 stamp, it is that point at which the person becomes a permanent resident.

raminator,

Does this mean that the passport stamping date ( which i guess is what your lawyer means when talking about " processes I-551 stamp" ) is the point at which the person becomes permanent resident, and NOT the I-485 approval date?
gctechie - Now that you brought it up, I would assume so. Mine would be Dec 21st then and not Nov 29th ,the day it was approved. Now it clearly opens another can of worms , what if a person never gets the I 551 stamp ( for a reasonable amount of time ) and gets a job change ? Iam sure not even BCIS thought abt this. ;)

raminator said:
Anyone who is known to the GC holder can run to the CIS or BCIS or which ever higher authority and cry fraud . Its really upto them to decide which cases are meritorious and which ones not wasting their time.
To answer your question,querty , IMO , the authority would def. consider the complaint irrespective of company,spouse,parent etc, its really their compelling arguement and proof would decide the investigation.

Then in that case, GC holders should not only show his intent to employer but to spouses and parents as well, Anyone missed to do that, his/her GC doomed. Then things more complex now, its not only say 6-12 months to work with employer at LC location but as well keep spouse /parents happy, so to be most sure, GC holder might have to work with employer forever or atleast until citizenship. All these things should also be included in those "fear list" by misleader aka JoeF aka idiot. :D :D
JoeF ,update your (mis)advice so that GC holders GC is most secured in the world.
1) Work with GC employer at LC location forever or atleast citizenship
2) Keep spouse/parents happy and make sure they know your "intent" all the time

gctechie - Now that you brought it up, I would assume so. Mine would be Dec 21st then and not Nov 29th ,the day it was approved. Now it clearly opens another can of worms , what if a person never gets the I 551 stamp ( for a reasonable amount of time ) and gets a job change ? Iam sure not even BCIS thought abt this.

Another way to look at it might be like this - USCIS finished processing the AOS & you became eligible for I-551 stamp on the I-485 approval date , so irrespective of when you actually got the stamp on your passport ( which does not have immigration relevance anyways except for travel ) , you "got your GC" on the I-485 approval date.