Count 6 months from which date after GC?

This forum has become a joke....Without my posting at all to this forum in a while, JoeF has been taking my name - he probably thinks of me all the time !!!!

There is no argument in 6 months rule of thumb. I would strongly recommend to check with you attorneys. When I asked that they told me you can change your job without issues. Those who checked with their attorneys they pretty much said the same. JoeF never checked with his attorney any time but still promotes 6 months rule. Why ?

JoeF is supported by some of the volunteer moderators including ar888 and TheRealCanadian (the moderators of this board). This is not only an unfair game but an unethical behavior too ! But hey it's a public site and anyone can say anything including volunteer moderators.....

So what others are going to do ? Ignore this site.....Just one half-knowledged, stubbern moron called JoeF is brining the reliability of this site down. Well, all the best !

Passing caustic remarks about Joe is unwarranted IMO.
He is only telling people to proceed with caution.
There are several areas of immigration for which there are no clear rules. In the absence of clearly defined rules, using a common sense approach is a sensible strategy.
Let me give a small example of erring on the side of caution. I recieved my 485 approval notice a few weeks ago. On the notice, no mention was made about EAD and AP as required documents for stamping. But still, after reading various posts here on the forums, I chose to err on the side of caution and carried EAD and AP with me. And the immigration officer did ask for those documents. I was lucky I was carrying them with me otherwise I do not know what inconvenience I might have had to face.
Similarly, in the matter of switching employers, erring on the side of caution will not cause any harm other than perhaps earning a few $ less.

tekworker said:
Passing caustic remarks about Joe is unwarranted IMO.
Did you read all the posts that JoeF wrote in the recent past ? Please read them before posting here - you will get an answer yourself. thx.

tekworker said:
Let me give a small example of erring on the side of caution. I recieved my 485 approval notice a few weeks ago. On the notice, no mention was made about EAD and AP as required documents for stamping.
I don't remember exactly if its mentioned on the approval notice or not but I do remember that my attorney's office told me to take all these docs for stampping. That's what one should do - take advice from attorneys - they are knowledgeable not only about law but about your individual cases too.

Bottomline - If your attorney says wait for 6 months before changing your job - wait for 6 months because it's their advise on your "individual" case. But to make it as a "rule of thumb" is not correct. And if you read several other posts on this board, attorneys are NOT saying to wait for 6 months to many cases.

About JoeF - I am tired of his personal attacks. Sometime back he even went to an extent of saying that I tried to hack his account !!! He is a sick person who needs immediate help. He has no life outside this forum (doesn't his huge number of messages indicate that ?) and that's why he thinks of this forum and its members all the time (and he doesn't think positively, but thinks that everybody here is his enemy and wants to throw him out of this forum)...how stupid.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did a quick google search too -

http://www.americanlaw.com/q&a99.html

Iam currently working for a U.S. employer under an H1-B. My I-485 was filed with the INS close to two years ago. My question is whether or not there is a time period one should wait after receiving a green card before changing employers. Is there a safe waiting period that should be observed?

The alien must intend to assume a permanent and full-time position with the petitioning employer. Quitting your job too soon after obtaining your green card can suggest that you fraudulently misrepresented your intentions during your interview. There is no specific minimum time period to wait before you can change jobs. However, in my personal opinion a period of six-months is probably safe.

Another lawyer with the same opinion.

However these are all just "opinions" nothing more, nothing less.

from Link said:
The alien must intend to assume a permanent and full-time position with the petitioning employer. Quitting your job too soon after obtaining your green card can suggest that you fraudulently misrepresented your intentions during your interview.

Read highlighted quotes from link you posted.

from Link said:
"full-time position with the petitioning employer"?

So does that lawyer meant to say you have join your sponserer(who got labor approved and supported 1-140 and 485 application), for someone who used AC-21 and left that job??? Of course not.
:D :D

from Link said:
"that you fraudulently misrepresented your intentions during your interview."

Have you heard of interview for 485 application(except CP)?? So which interview is it???
:D :D

All those conclusions are based on ambiguous assumptions, don't hold much water. :D :D

So things reamin same, that there is no rule such as "stay with employer for atleast 6months after GC" as it had no basis. Everybody has to make a call with lawyers advice and own judgement.