Consular Processing (New Delhi)

Originally posted by Pitambar_Lal
Folks,

I was checking the May 2004 interview dates at the New Delhi Embassy and found that many of the cases had been sent to the Embassy in January 2004. There was also one that was sent on 14 November 2003. Is this the new trend for ND? People who have their interviews in May or have gone through the process at ND will be in a position to answer this.

P_L

Is this on the CP tracker?

KD, Alren,

No, it is not on the CP tracker. For some reason people interviewing at ND seem to be reluctant to post their dates on the CP Tracker.

I found out the SENT TO EMBASSY DATES by taking a sample of the May interview case numbers posted on the US Embassy, ND, website and then calling the NVC AVRS to find out when these cases had been sent to the Embassy.

P_L

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Pitambar_Lal
KD, Alren,

No, it is not on the CP tracker. For some reason people interviewing at ND seem to be reluctant to post their dates on the CP Tracker.

Oh! let's not go there. It seems that' already discussed earlier in this thread or some other delhi thread.

I did not subscribe to it at first, but after trying to find the interview experiences for delhi, I became a believer!

Out of status situation for wife

Gurus,

Want to get an opinion on if my wife was out of status or not in past.

What happened when I changed a company in US I got a new visa but did not apply for new H4 for my wife. She still had valid I-94 that she got the airport while entering US. Then before her stamping expired, a day before I file for my H1 extension and new H4 visa for my wife.

While processing for H1 and H4 were underway I got an RFE and before we could respond the company closed the shop. I joined another company the next business day and filed for new H1 but did not file for H4.

After couple of months I realized this and filed for H4. INS approved new H1 and H4 from the starting date of new company.

Later we went to India and got new Visa's stampled.

Do you think that my wife was out of status and can that be an issue at the CP Interview?

Rajeev and Pitamber,
I will not be able to post my dates as I have not been tracking exact dates for my CP processing. Read some of the humorous threads you guys have been posting :).
I have started feeling stressed over this whole process, will look forward to more humor.

Out of status situation for wife

Gurus,

Want to get an opinion on if my wife was out of status or not in past.

What happened when I changed a company in US I got a new visa but did not apply for new H4 for my wife. She still had valid I-94 that she got the airport while entering US. Then before her stamping expired, a day before I file for my H1 extension and new H4 visa for my wife.

While processing for H1 and H4 were underway I got an RFE and before we could respond the company closed the shop. I joined another company the next business day and filed for new H1 but did not file for H4.

After couple of months I realized this and filed for H4. INS approved new H1 and H4 from the starting date of new company.

Later we went to India and got new Visa's stampled.

Do you think that my wife was out of status and can that be an issue at the CP Interview?

Rajeev and Pitamber,
I will not be able to post my dates as I have not been tracking exact dates for my CP processing. Read some of the humorous threads you guys have been posting :).
I have started feeling stressed over this whole process, will look forward to more humor.

Hi CPFromDelhi,

Your out-of-status determination would most probably require a consultation with your immigration lawyer, as these things can get tricky.

On the posting status dates front, I think that it’s not a bad idea to even post with rough dates, say if you remember a month but not the day then post it as the 15th of that month and maybe do the key activities only! I think that once you post, you’ll recognize the benefit of doing so and will help others and yourself in getting a good basis for extrapolating the process stages. We have all lamented on the reticence of some of the Delhi Wallahs in using the tracker but hey every convert will help!!

Cheers,

Rjain

Approximate Processing Dates

I-140 approval: 9 Feb
Fee bill received and returned to ST. Louis: first week of March
Fee received at NVC: last week of March
P3 sent to attorney: End of March
P3 sent back to NVC: Around 10 April
P3 reveiw complete: 21 April
Waiting for packet to go consulate

My attorney is not very fast I think that is why I am little behind than most of you.

Hmm! Attroney does not seem to be that slow.

I agree with rjain, do post your rough dates on cptracker.

Hi CpFromDelhi,

Thanks for posting your dates in this forum – they look pretty close to Pitambar’s and mine; the only delay (by a few days only) is in your P3 turnaround but don’t fret about it as you are nearly out of NVC’s grip. Most probably your status should be updated this Friday to “sent to NWD”!!

The tracker as Alren mentioned is at http://www.cptracker.com and takes less than a minute to setup and few seconds to update – there are only 3-4 final steps left for the interview so it’ll be interesting to see our 3 cases moving forward in synch!

Cheers,

Rjain.

Hi CPFromDelhi,

Thanks for responding to the request quickly and updating the cptracker. It’s very unfortunate that folks before us for CP @ Delhi did not update the tracker – going by I-140 approval dates for New Delhi, we see 2 serious entries for the last half of 2003 and 4 for the first half!! Thus folks like us, currently in the last stages of CP @ NWD have no recent precedence to go by.

Anyway, 4-5 of us – Godbole, Pitambar, you, I and some others are reversing this trend and will hopefully contribute to lessen the anxiety of future CPers from Delhi and also helping each other!

Rjain.

CPFromDelhi,

If your case was reviewed on the 21 of April by the NVC then it should have been sent to the Embassy by now.

P_L

Rjain,

I had also the same complaint to CP candidates in Delhi about not updating the cptracker. But no one came forward to do so.
I understand that It is really frustrating for the guys in the "line of hope,"not to get a good trend for dates. BTW, my case was always updated as "cpseeker" in the tracker.

I hope some more voluteers would update the tracker for future CP Delhi candidates....anyway

P_L

My case took a little longer than normal to get the interview scheduled (most likely due to myriad of holidays bet Nov and Jan). After the holidays, I guess, some sleep-head misplaced the file (I have no confirmation though). It was only after a chain of emails and phone calls that embassy helped in finding the case file. Lesson: Keep writing emails and calling them, if you don't get the answer. They do read all the emails and respond after few tries...

Although my case file was sent from NVC in Nov the interview did not come until april [but it was an exception, as many other aspirants, who got NVC approval later then me, got their interviews well before me; so don't loose your sleep on the interview date (although I did it for a long time); it would come in 2-3 months as assured by Kd1403!] This is pretty regular in Delhi-- 2 to 3 months.

***CRAZY LOT*********
1) One painful but useful endeavor, I did was to create a trend list from published interview dates (NOT RECOMMENDED; you can call it crazy but it really helped me): As suggested by someone on the forum before:

When I didn't get the date trend for "NVC case sent to consulate" and "interview date" from CPTRACKER, I used this to get the idea about where I stood in terms of interview scheduling. During my time there was nobody from Delhi in CPTRACKER except paragm in the last one year or so. It was frustrating at times...

As suggested by P_L, I took the list from the Emabssy website for the past two months and painstackingly called NVC AVSM for all the NWDxxxxxxxxxxxxx FOR EMPLOYMENT BASED (E1, E2, and E3)cases and noted down the case sent date for each case in an excel sheet (I already had the Interview date from the website). It took me approx 2 hrs on the office phone (at night) with redial facility to accomplish this feat. [Didn't publish the list on the forum as I was the only active person on the forum. It was surprising that there were approximately 50 to 70 EB interview cases published each month...] anyway...

But after this, I had a crystal clear picture about my case standings (obviously! my case was falling out of normal schedule) . Based on these findings, I wrote an email to emabssy (thinking they would do something) but nothing happended. They still took thier own time to schedule the interview...Bottom line is "If embassy receives the case then just wait and drop an email
every two weeks and call them to know if they have any plans for interview next month. They read ALL the emails, though don't bother to answer many, until interview is scheduled!!! Once interview is scheduled a nice email with multi colored fonts comes to you with date and time of interview and also with date of P4 (interview letter) dispatched...

2)
As per my experience there is no such best time to call the embassy, it all depends on your luck on that day!!! I almost tried every possible time from exact 8:30 to 5 pm IST... some times it was just after a few tries, other times after two hrs--I was pulling remainder of hair off my already bald head. LESSON:
KEEP TRYING from 8:00 AM IST until you get someone!!

I hope I answered your question in detail!

:)

CPNWD,

Thank you for your posting. It was unfortunate that you had to go it all alone and i can sympathize with you. But all is well that ends well.

Thank you also for your optimistic tone, although you yourself had to go through a rough time. Your posting has definitely brought some cheer into my life, and Iam sure to other participants of this thread.

I will keep your tips in mind and call and email regularly.
And if its of any consolation to you, the DOL and NSC have already claimed most of the hair on my head.

Thank you once again.

P_L

There seem to be a bunch of cases from Madras consulate (all EB3) scheduled for a CP interview at the Embassy in New Delhi for May 2004. Does anyone know why?

P_L

Pitambar_Lal said:
There seem to be a bunch of cases from Madras consulate (all EB3) scheduled for a CP interview at the Embassy in New Delhi for May 2004. Does anyone know why?

P_L

Most likely, they were originally requested for Chennai and either Chennai transferred them to Delhi or the applicant had a derivative who would have fallen under the Delhi jurisdiction.

Again this is purely speculation.

Alren,

They are probably not derivative status cases as it is unlikely that there would be so many derivatives (their case numbers are different) all at once. I think these cases might have been transferred to ND to ease the overload at MDR, or maybe it has something to do with AC140.

P_L

Pitambar_Lal said:
Alren,

They are probably not derivative status cases as it is unlikely that there would be so many derivatives (their case numbers are different) all at once. I think these cases might have been transferred to ND to ease the overload at MDR, or maybe it has something to do with AC140.

P_L

It could be! I believe that it has started to become more prevelant that the case could be also adjudicated at the derivative's consulate in the recent past (say 6 mos. or so). And you could be seeing the result of that knowledge spread around.

I finally got through to the US Embassy in New Delhi.
The fellow put me throught to an AVM system as soon as i told him I was calling about my IV case. The message said to call between 10 to 12 for immigrant visa enquiries.
The phone numbers are
01191-11-24198062

P_L