PD 6/03
eb3
Labor approved 10/06
I-140 applied 10/06
I-485 applied 5/07
I-140 approved 6/9/07
FP and LUD 6/13/07
Card production ordede 7/19/07

Congratulations Rockyroad. Yours is amazing and gives us the hope the the system is working and giving approvals either LIFO or FIFO.
Suresh

Thanks guys,
I am from U.K I don't know if that factors in at all...it says card production ordered but till I have it in hand only then I will tottally believe it....

What we are suppose to do besides waiting?

I called USCIS today. They didt have any info besides what is online. I was advised to go for Infopass. What should we do? I read online that calling Congressman can give chance to find out about name check.

I wonder if Name Check is such a big deal then why not USCIS set up a acknowledgment step now or update Name check pending on the online status website. So we dont bug them and wait passiontly. We are wasting so much time to get the useless info from local centers. it seems its not a major issue and they are spending millions of dollars to legalise for Illegal immigrants, how sad!!!

I am not sure what is going to happen but its getting crazy. Hope we will see some more results around september.

I was wondering if name check is initiated after I-140 is approved or (in case of concurrent filing) as soon as u file I-140 and 485.

n e thoughts ?

I called USCIS today. They didt have any info besides what is online. I was advised to go for Infopass. What should we do? I read online that calling Congressman can give chance to find out about name check.

I wonder if Name Check is such a big deal then why not USCIS set up a acknowledgment step now or update Name check pending on the online status website. So we dont bug them and wait passiontly. We are wasting so much time to get the useless info from local centers. it seems its not a major issue and they are spending millions of dollars to legalise for Illegal immigrants, how sad!!!

I am not sure what is going to happen but its getting crazy. Hope we will see some more results around september.

I have been stuck in namecheck since 2004 (confirmed at infor pass). My I-140 was only approved in 2005.

So, YES, namecheck is initiated as soon as your I-485 is at that stage, regardless of where your I-140 process is at.

when ur 485 is that stage ?

what stage is that

when ur processing times become current

or as soon as u file ur 485

or some other random check point

I have been stuck in namecheck since 2004 (confirmed at infor pass). My I-140 was only approved in 2005.

So, YES, namecheck is initiated as soon as your I-485 is at that stage, regardless of where your I-140 process is at.

How long till I-485 adjudicated

PD 4/16/2002 (RIR)
retrogressed : NO
EB-2
NSC
I-140 RD 10/11/2006
I-485 and I-765 RD 05/25/2007
FP ND 06/12/2007
FP AP 06/27/2007
I-140 AD 07/18/2007

I filed my I-485 7 months after I-140 filed but before it was approved.
I-140 approved 1.5 months after I-485 filed.
I think my I-485 is still considered concurrent filing will they use the RD for the I-140 or the RD for the I-485 to adjudicate

Your Labor filing date which is your PD will be taken in to account when considering I-485 and not I-140 filing date.

As for when 485 gets adjudicated, it all depends on name check and now how much more messy USCIS becomes with deluge of 485 around it.

Unless USCIS impose PD as strict order of approval and pings FBI for namecheck situation for those with older PD and stuck name checks is going to be worsen every day. But USCIS won't do since now they have a pool of 485 to choose from.

Sorry to sound so pessimisstic but there are people waiting longer than you and don't seem to reach their endpoint.

PD 4/16/2002 (RIR)
retrogressed : NO
EB-2
NSC
I-140 RD 10/11/2006
I-485 and I-765 RD 05/25/2007
FP ND 06/12/2007
FP AP 06/27/2007
I-140 AD 07/18/2007

I filed my I-485 7 months after I-140 filed but before it was approved.
I-140 approved 1.5 months after I-485 filed.
I think my I-485 is still considered concurrent filing will they use the RD for the I-140 or the RD for the I-485 to adjudicate

LUD on I-485

Hello All

Both mine and my wife's 485 got touched today after 10 months. It was last touched 10/06 when our cases were transferred from Vermont to Nebraska.

There was no status update, just a LUD.

What can this mean? In this forum I am seeing people getting approved without any LUD, but in my case I got a LUD without any approval :(

Anyone with similar experience. Does this mean a RFE is on its way?

As for when 485 gets adjudicated, it all depends on name check and now how much more messy USCIS becomes with deluge of 485 around it.

Unless USCIS impose PD as strict order of approval and pings FBI for namecheck situation for those with older PD and stuck name checks is going to be worsen every day. But USCIS won't do since now they have a pool of 485 to choose from.

Sorry to sound so pessimisstic but there are people waiting longer than you and don't seem to reach their endpoint.

100% correct. Fifo has gone the way of the Dodo. Extinct.

So are the chances of I-485 approval for anyone who has been in name check for more than 6 months. Those cases will never be looked at by FBI again.

Pls add my case to the tracker

PD 5/29/03 EB3 ROW
I-140 approved 9/20/06 (premium processing)
I-485 & EAD ND 5/2/07 RD 5/7/07 NSC
FP appointment 6/12/07
LUD 5/10/07, 6/13/07

Is name check the same as fingerprint check ?
I know for I-485 you get a FP check through the FBI
name check through IBIS
name check through FBI ?

Name Check and FBI

Is name check the same as fingerprint check ?
I know for I-485 you get a FP check through the FBI
name check through IBIS
name check through FBI ?

Finger Printing is a part of Name check. Name check is also called Background check and its also include approval from Fraud department of USCIS. One has to get finger printing done to start the process of name check, usually takes good 8-12 months. If you are lucky 8 months.

Name check is done by FBI and different departments of USCIS. There is a post here about it.

I will post a forum of name check also for you. Keep reading last 5 pages and you wil get good info regarding Name check

Good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
100% correct. Fifo has gone the way of the Dodo. Extinct.

So are the chances of I-485 approval for anyone who has been in name check for more than 6 months. Those cases will never be looked at by FBI again.
Nelsona,

I know from your postings that you are stuck in NC for more than 3 yrs. There may be some good news for you or for cases like yours: Please read below:

Expect Resolution of Certain Name-Check Delayed Cases
©MurthyDotCom
According to Mr. Khatri, we should soon see some positive movement in the clearing of the backlog of cases that have been pending name checks for 33 months or longer. The USCIS and the Office of the Ombudsman have been working closely on this problem and there is some hope that the USCIS will soon dramatically decrease the number of cases pending due to security checks in the immediate future. While the Ombudsman appeared quite positive on this matter, no specific dates or deadlines were provided.

I got this info from http://murthy.com/bulletin.html. Check it out yourself. I know how you feel about this as I was stuck in BEC for 4 1/2 yrs.

Hope this helps.

sanbaj,
The ombudsman's report is familiar to me, as was murthy's bulletin.

Quite frankly, I paid more attention to the phrase "no specific dates or deadlines were provided." in other words, "we'll see".

I do not hold out much hope in the name check backlog issue since there are now so many new cases to pick from.

I'm sure as a victim of BEC, you should know that even iron-clad promises/guarantees to work down the backlog mean nothing. Vague references to doing something about it, mean even less.

In any event, No one will be getting GC after tomorrow, until at least October, so there is n't even any pressure to look at cases for the next 2 months. And when they do, they will be looking at the june/july/august filings, not the oldie-moldies.

I fully expect to be part of the same ">33 months" crowd in next years report, except that iot will now be ">45 months."

LUD on 485

As I mentioned on my previous post, both me and my wife had a LUD on our 485 on 7/26/2007 after almost 10 months. But no change in status message....and nothing since then.

Can anyone from their experiences tell me what this might mean.

In case of an RFE like the employment verification RFE, I am assuming the status message will change. It is very important for me because I changed my job, and if the RFE is sent to the lawyers, it might end up with the lawyers from my previous employer. So I am counting on the status message update for RFEs to be able to follow up with my previous employer lawyers to get it forwarded to me.

Any thoughts.