Consolidated NSC I-485 Tracker

....Yeah these folks obviously suffered a big-time wait but it simply isn't fair to people from other nations, given the current quota system.

.........QUOTE]

You mean, USCIS violated the 7% country quota for approvals ?

Yes, that is one of the reasons that they pushed so hard for the July bulletin to be universally current: this triggers the AC21 overrride of the per country limits.
Once that July bulletin was announced, Indians were no longer subject to per country limits, and the 1000s of cases they had pending could be approved.

I am with you, igor, I have started preparing WOM too even though my 485 RD is only 1 year ago. but I am trying to get ready before the end of sept.
I had contacted R Khanna's office regarding this issue and was told that they had filed a WOM case after the Feb 20 memo and the 90 days of period will run out mid Sept. so we should be able to see if that case comes out as a success. he also mentioned that they were getting massive approvals even for those clients who were told that their cases were pending background investigation. so he suggested me to wait till end of sept.
I am glad more people stuck in NC are fighting back, we can just simply wait here, nothing will automatically happen. let's keep in touch if you want.

My friend has received his GC after waiting for 3 years and then filing WOM in the Federal Court here in CA. I'm waiting for "just" 1 year and 2 months... way long before I can file WOM... but the preparation starts now. I do not want to just wait.

Going by the lawsuit thread, seems that only those who file WoM are getting namecheck expedited. The rest of us will be left to rot in hell. Most likely the WoM expedite requests delay other applications even more.

Last edited by a moderator:
that is exactly what i am dreading. i personally know 2 that were stuck in name check for more than 3 years. one got out by filing a law suite and the other is still waiting since she is doing it through her marriage so she wasn't desperate. and it is not like that i know many many people. think about the odds! and i read thousands online that that they have been stuck forever.
if WOM expedite requests delay other applicants what can we do? do we even have a choice here?

Going by the lawsuit thread, seems that only those who file WoM are getting namecheck expedited. The rest of us will be left to rot in hell. Most likely the WoM expedite requests delay other applications even more.

I am with you, igor, I have started preparing WOM too even though my 485 RD is only 1 year ago. but I am trying to get ready before the end of sept.
I had contacted R Khanna's office regarding this issue and was told that they had filed a WOM case after the Feb 20 memo and the 90 days of period will run out mid Sept. so we should be able to see if that case comes out as a success. he also mentioned that they were getting massive approvals even for those clients who were told that their cases were pending background investigation. so he suggested me to wait till end of sept.
I am glad more people stuck in NC are fighting back, we can just simply wait here, nothing will automatically happen. let's keep in touch if you want.

at the end of sept could you please keep us updated with the results of wom filings at rajiv khanna's office ? Thanks.

majority of the lost wom cases have the same theme: uscis/fbi convinces the judge that the court does not have jurisdiction over security matters of the fbi or cis processings. plus, there is no 4 month rule for permanent residency application as we have for the citizenship applications. the success of wom largely depends on the judge, how liberal he or she is.

in addition to writing to the senators and house reps., i think we should try to convice aila/ailf to take up the security check issue seriously. i have written to them twice about it, but with no response from them, obviously. this sucks big time - first in pbec mess now in security check black hole.

How much to file a case?

Hello liaoguoxf,

My 485 case is also pending since July 27,06. FBI has put me in a pothole also. I would like to request you to share info on filing a WOM case( what does WOM stand for?).How much do you think filing case would cost?:confused:

I think we all agree that filing WOM delays others somewhat. But what should we do? Just let FBI keep their status quo, where nothing gets fixed and nobody is held accountable?

Waiting_aos, I don't know details about my friend's case, will find out later. But you could do a research on the WOM forum linked from some of the posts here. Generally, you should have BOTH USCIS and FBI as defendants.

i will certainly post the updates here once i hear from the wom case.
I don't think AILA will be interested in us. you will never expect the motivation they had to reverse the updated July visa bulletin. in that case it would mean losing thousands of potential 485 clients while in our case i don't see any.

at the end of sept could you please keep us updated with the results of wom filings at rajiv khanna's office ? Thanks.

majority of the lost wom cases have the same theme: uscis/fbi convinces the judge that the court does not have jurisdiction over security matters of the fbi or cis processings. plus, there is no 4 month rule for permanent residency application as we have for the citizenship applications. the success of wom largely depends on the judge, how liberal he or she is.

in addition to writing to the senators and house reps., i think we should try to convice aila/ailf to take up the security check issue seriously. i have written to them twice about it, but with no response from them, obviously. this sucks big time - first in pbec mess now in security check black hole.

hi i consulted Rajiv Khanna's office the starting fee to file WOM is 5k. if there is any complication that will be more. but if they ever need to go to the court for you then it can go up all the way to 20k+.
for WOM it is not easy to explain in one sentence or two, you might need to google and do some reading first.
good luck.

Hello liaoguoxf,

My 485 case is also pending since July 27,06. FBI has put me in a pothole also. I would like to request you to share info on filing a WOM case( what does WOM stand for?).How much do you think filing case would cost?:confused:

Wom

THank you, Igor

We recently sent letters to senators, congressman, FL, etc to expedite our name check. Our plan is to wait until september - it will be exactly 3 years since they started the name check and then we will file WOM.

I also do not believe that AILA is interested to help with security checks. In fact, it is the opposite, waiting longer for AOS benefits them, people have to submit EAD and AP, respond to RFE, file lawsuit. All this brings more money to lawers. AILA fighted to reverse recent VB decision because of the same reason.
Honestly, they all need to realize that conducting one's name check for so long time only hurts national security.

Anyway, we are preparing to file WOM pro se.

...... I also do not believe that AILA is interested to help with security checks. In fact, it is the opposite, waiting longer for AOS benefits them, people have to submit EAD and AP, respond to RFE, file lawsuit. All this brings more money to lawers........

Do you know what some greedy coffin merchants think , "Let more people dead , so that i can sell more coffins"

Sorry for the wrong forum, but i figured some guys with help from unitednations moved from 140 to 485 froum. I was tring to contact unitednations but i can't. Those of you that got help from him plese respond. For an I140 ability to pay case, is it possible to amned a tax return. Won't they question, why the taxes were not submitted the right way first time? If anyine has experience with this please reply.

Thanks for your time and I appreciate your help.
Sent you a PM.

Please add info to tracker

When the Bogus June 15th Processing Times came out (it was corrected on June 18th), my 485 was out of the processing times (on June 15th) so i called USCIS and was informed that my name check is pending.

After that I-140 was approved on 26th June.

Don't know if NC was or not cleared and if VISA Number has been issued or not.

Receipt for filing I-485

Hi Everyone,
I'm new to this forum, just filed my I485 on July 2. I would like to know if anyone in the same boat with me and Am I suppose to receive the receipt soon and about when? I really appreciate your kind response.
JYW

July bulletin reversal

Can someone explain to me the July bulletin fiasco? Did they agree to just accept applications for all categories or also allocate visa numbers to all categories as well? I mean how are EB-2 India with PD in 2005 getting approved? This category was not current in June, and from Jul was supposed to be unavailable with all other categories.

card production ordered!!!!!!!

PD 6/03
eb3
Labor approved 10/06
I-140 applied 10/06
I-485 applied 5/07
I-140 approved 6/9/07
FP and LUD 6/13/07
Card production ordede 7/19/07

Can someone explain to me the July bulletin fiasco? Did they agree to just accept applications for all categories or also allocate visa numbers to all categories as well? I mean how are EB-2 India with PD in 2005 getting approved? This category was not current in June, and from Jul was supposed to be unavailable with all other categories.

Hi Rolling Stone.
USCIS Is unpredicatable. Approvals like Rockyroad is just amazing results.
it looks like a lottery system. We just pray that everyday we should have the approvals than someday one of us will have the approval e-mail.
There seems to be no sequence that one can make out how the approvals are coming. Just pray and keep waiting.
Suresh