Consolidated NSC I-485 Tracker

for schehrazi

hi schehrazi,
could you please check the link below, it didn't open
thanks
As you might know, the CIS Ombudsman is an independent office in the DHS which looks for systematic problems that USCIS customers (immigration benefit applicants) have and tries to fix them. His suggestions have been helpful so far (like E-Filing) and based on his reports, he seems to be a fair and realistic person.
This year in order to get more feedback from us, he has made an online version of his 2007 report to the congress. Thru that page, USCIS customers (We) can submit our suggestions or comments directly to his office through email.
I think this is the only way that the Ombudsman and then USCIS can figure out what concerns we have. I invite you to visit this page when you have free time and send your comments to him. I am very hopeful that this gets somewhere as he has tried to make immigration easier and processing more efficient in the past three years and he was successful.

http://www.dhs.gov/xabout/structure/...751418157.shtm

Something that I will emphasize on, will be the FBI namecheck. Although he knows where the problem is and has metioned it very clearly in his 2006 and 2007 report, I still think we need to bring it up. This way, we will support his position on this serious issue.

Best regards

Calling USCIS for receipt number

Got receipt # by calling up USCIS.
EB3 - India - Sep'01(priority date)
Labor - approved in Jan'07
140 - approved on 5th July'07 (Premium processing)
485 :
applied on 6/13/07
got receipt # on 7/16/07 for 485/131/765
(Case applied to NSC, but is now transferred to Texas)

Which number did you call? what options did you use?

Customer Service Number & Options - 800-375-5283

When you call customer service - 800-375-5283 after you choose option # 1 for English I think, please follow instructions carefully so that you will be lead to an immigration officer (IO). Following are the options you choose if I remember correctly:

option # 2 - - - option # 2 - - - option # 6 - - - option # 2 - - - option # 2 - - - option # 1

The first person who comes online is probably from a call center or a call screener. Just tell that person that you have sent your papers to NSC/TSC and it has been more than a month and then hopefully you will be lead to an IO. Once you have the IO, just tell the person (both the times I called, they were guys and are very nice) your name and date of birth and he/she should be able to tell you if they have opened your packets and receipted and/or rejected. If the IO finds your name on the system, he/she will give you the receipt numbers individually or I-485/I-131/I-765.

Farewell

I got the famous Green Card today by mail for both Spouse and myself.

its time to say good bye and best luck for everybody here, I hope everybody get his very soon.

thanks.

Finally, got it after 5 and 1/2 years!!!

here are the details....

================================================
EB-3 PD March 14, 2002 (CSC)
I-140 & I-485 RD October 7, 2004
I-140 approval
Got 3 EADs (i just got the 4th one)
I-485 RFE on Medical & Birth Certificate
LUD - 6/18/2007 RFE received
AD - 07/11/2007
================================================

I485 filing - Previous employment H1b document

I485 filing - Previous employment H1b document

I485 filing support documents.

One of the supporting documents is previously approved H1B.

I have question on previous employment and H1B document.

I worked for 4 different employers before working for current employer.
I am working for current employer (Company E) for past 4 years. I do not have any issues with H1B or any other documents with

current employer. But in my prevous employment (Company D), employer filed H1B and got receipt notice and I started working.

I worked for that company for about 3 months and then left the company and joined the current employer(Company E). My

previous employer (Company D) applied for withdrawl and H1B case was withdrawn in January 2004. During this time period

previous previous (Company C) company H1B is still valid.
All 3 old (A, B and C ) employments, I do not have any issues with H1B documents etc.

2003 June - Presnet Company E (Current employer)
2003 Feb - 2003 May Company D
2001-Jan 2003 Company C
2000-2001 Company B
1999-2000 Company A

In my labor application, I140 etc, my previous employment was mentioned.

My question, in I140 or I485 process if they look at receipt notice copy of my previous employment (Company B) (which was withdrawn), will it be a problem?

If I do not claim this employment, how do I account those 3 months time period as that time period is not mentioned in

experience letter from previous previous employer (Comapny C), though the company C H1b is valid.

I appreciate your help.

They don't matter . They are not citizens.

With so many filings of 485 I am concerned that another BEC has been created. Only yesterday when I called NSC the person on line mentioned that that 42K EB based cases. Add another 50 to 100K this month. The whole thing will come off seams.

All those who couldn't get approved by end of July which seems very likely for those stuck in name check should brace themselves for yet another hell which some of use went at Philly and Dallas BEC.

Rollingstone : I mailed letter to Lofgren though I have little hope for anything to come out of that.

So when passport applications become backlogged they promptly change the rules: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap_travel/20070717/ap_tr_ge/travel_brief_passport_delays

What about namecheck victims waiting for years?

exactly, now all the june and july (expecially july every category/country is current) filers will be piled on top of our rotting cases because with name check, there is never a rule called first in first out. we are just doomed. sorry to sound so persimmistic but i just feel absolutely hopeless.
i wrote to lofgren too. and I have started following another thread researching filing lawsuite. how many of you are interested? i think that thread is very informative.
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=194681

They don't matter . They are not citizens.

With so many filings of 485 I am concerned that another BEC has been created. Only yesterday when I called NSC the person on line mentioned that that 42K EB based cases. Add another 50 to 100K this month. The whole thing will come off seams.

All those who couldn't get approved by end of July which seems very likely for those stuck in name check should brace themselves for yet another hell which some of use went at Philly and Dallas BEC.

Rollingstone : I mailed letter to Lofgren though I have little hope for anything to come out of that.

exactly, now all the june and july (expecially july every category/country is current) filers will be piled on top of our rotting cases because with name check, there is never a rule called first in first out. we are just doomed. sorry to sound so persimmistic but i just feel absolutely hopeless.
i wrote to lofgren too. and I have started following another thread researching filing lawsuite. how many of you are interested? i think that thread is very informative.
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=194681
Amen.

I too was against this sudden opening of the floodgates. I am very much in favour of cut-off dates as this accomplishes 3 things:
(a) it forces at least lip service fo fifo, as it is pretty hard to approve a leap-frog case that has not yet been filed, and
(b) it forces USCIS to adhere to per country limits. AC21 does away with per country limits when all categories are current, as a way of ensuring using up of all the quota. We will once again see 40-50,000 Indain EB approvals for 2007, like in 2005, which is in direct opposition to the per country limits.
(c) it FORCES USCIS to scrutizize their desks (or the floors under their desks) for old cases to approve, or push for resolution.

Now, with this sudden introduction of 100K+ new cases, there is absolutely no incentive for USCIS or FBI to do anything about the long-lost name check cases. They will take the quicker, lazier approach of approving cases which involve no research in name check space. We will simply read about the 4+ year cases in the Ombudsman's report next year.

I fully expect to be here next summer, having filed for my 5th EAD/AP (this time twice as expensive) with nothing on the horizon formy case, with 140,000+ 'newcomers' having received their GC.

Another one bites the dust ...

Hello, I can barely believe it :D I just wanted to pipe in wth some more encouraging news..

The last processing action taken on your case
Receipt Number: LIN07014-xxxxx
Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS
Current Status: Card production ordered.
On July 18, 2007, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Thank you all for your help on this forum, it's been a long 5 years and reading this forum has got me through many days! Hang in there, forum buddies!

On a side note, does anyone know if it's not advisable to travel while waiting for the plastic card (I have an H1 visa, hubby uses advance parole to travel). We'll be traveling outside the country next week and have scheduled an infopass appt to speak with an officer, but was just wondering if anyone had some insight to a situation like this? We haven't received a notice in the mail yet, but just the automated emails so far....

there is simply no fairness in this entire process. the key point is that you have to be lucky and if you are ever unlucky then hope you are with lots of other unlucky guys. this whole July filing mess is really something, i was quite surprised that on 7/2 DOS reversed the visa bulletin yet more so when they reversed it back and opened another 1 month filing window till 8/17. i guess as long as AILA lawyers keep getting business that is what matters. as for a few poor souls like us, no one cares. this is very much comparable to the BEC/PERM mess back in 2003. my LC was transferred to regional office in phily and was just about to get out. all of sudden they decided to stop the entire processing in phily and started building the BEC, of course all the later filers are happy because they now could get LC in 5 days to a couple of months and we had to wait for 3.5 years to get out of BEC. then all the PERM filers can apply 485 before oct 2005 and get approved before us. now another round of july 2007 filers, again ahead of us.

what should we do??????? I am just so lost!!!

Amen.

I too was against this sudden opening of the floodgates. I am very much in favour of cut-off dates as this accomplishes 3 things:
(a) it forces at least lip service fo fifo, as it is pretty hard to approve a leap-frog case that has not yet been filed, and
(b) it forces USCIS to adhere to per country limits. AC21 does away with per country limits when all categories are current, as a way of ensuring using up of all the quota. We will once again see 40-50,000 Indain EB approvals for 2007, like in 2005, which is in direct opposition to the per country limits.
(c) it FORCES USCIS to scrutizize their desks (or the floors under their desks) for old cases to approve, or push for resolution.

Now, with this sudden introduction of 100K+ new cases, there is absolutely no incentive for USCIS or FBI to do anything about the long-lost name check cases. They will take the quicker, lazier approach of approving cases which involve no research in name check space. We will simply read about the 4+ year cases in the Ombudsman's report next year.

I fully expect to be here next summer, having filed for my 5th EAD/AP (this time twice as expensive) with nothing on the horizon formy case, with 140,000+ 'newcomers' having received their GC.

On a side note, does anyone know if it's not advisable to travel while waiting for the plastic card (I have an H1 visa, hubby uses advance parole to travel). We'll be traveling outside the country next week and have scheduled an infopass appt to speak with an officer, but was just wondering if anyone had some insight to a situation like this? We haven't received a notice in the mail yet, but just the automated emails so far....

Technically, your h1 is dead of course, and so is the need for advance parole. My lawyer advised me that I *could* have used AP if this situation came, particularly if out of country when the I-485 was approved. Did not necessarily cover the case of leaving US after approval.
Previously, one used to have to go t oINS office to get a stamp in the passport before leaving US soil, but now that crds are produced so quickly, they do not stamp passports anymore.

The agent will advise you. My sense is that your H1 won't do you any good, but hubby's AP will.

And remember, any info you get fro mUSCIS officer, does NOT bind what the CBP officer will do when he faces you at the border.

My friend has received his GC after waiting for 3 years and then filing WOM in the Federal Court here in CA. I'm waiting for "just" 1 year and 2 months... way long before I can file WOM... but the preparation starts now. I do not want to just wait.

Amen.

Wom

Igor, who were the defendants in your friend WOM? FBI only or USCIS as well, I'm also thinking about it. My NC is pending for almost 3 years.

I'm with you... By what I sampled here on the forum, recent approvals mostly concentrated on a single country. Don't know how the eventual annual allotment per country will play out.

Yeah these folks obviously suffered a big-time wait but it simply isn't fair to people from other nations, given the current quota system.

This totally sucks. AILA sounded heroic and all, but for whom? They don't give a s*** about us who have already paid them in full.

Amen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Questions for late june 2007 filers

My lawyer mailed my I-485 to Nebraska and it was received on June 19th 2007. My I-140 was approved in May 2007 with a case SRCXXXXXXX.

As of today (July 18th) the checks were not cashed, there is no notice date, so here are my questions:

1) Is there any case sent to Nebraska that even though they have a deadline of today for entering everything in the system the checks were not yet cleared like my case?

2) Is there anyone who filed end of June in Nebraska and just got a Notice date from Texas?