Consolidated NSC I-485 Tracker

To nelsona,

As a matter of fact, Katewill's case is not too old. His PD is around 2002, same as mine. I think the PDs of lots of people who are waiting here are around 2002. I guess there is just any random reason for CIS to give out RFE. Don't you agree? No matter how new/old the case is.
As you may have noticed Katewill's PD is very old.

It is not unusual for CIS to RFE the employer, particaularly if the I1-40 has been approved more than 2 years before. jack, your I-140 was approved 6 months ago.

I am fully expecting exactly the same RFE if my namecheck is ever cleared.

Standard practice.

Last edited by a moderator:
You do realize that there are many people with PDs in 2006 that are getting there GCs before us?

And that this will only get worse after June, when even EB3 PDs will be getting pretty close to current?

Believe me, 2002 PDs are starting to look moldy these days.

That said, I would never say that USCIS does anything consistently, even if it appears standard.

All the best. Stay out of the namecheck hole.

I do not understand how a lawyer would insist such a thing?? - I485 instructions clearly mention that verification of employment letter is a must for all employment based applications.
---------------------
- Employment Letter.
If your adjustment of status application is related to an
employment based visa petition (Form I-140), you must
submit a letter on the letterhead of the petitioning
employer which confirms that the job on which the visa
petition is based is still available to you. The letter
must also state the salary that will be paid.
--------------------------------------

The paralegal insisted that I don't need to submit the letter at the time I filed I-485. She was wrong and cost me extra 1 and half month wait!

Good luck for your case!

Adding my info.

NSC
PD 02/04.
I140 ND 11/27/06.
I140 AD 4/12/07 upgraded to PP.

I485 ND 11/27/06.
I485 LUD 1/03/07 (Bio app).
I485 AD not yet.

Congrats

I have been a reader for this forum for a while. Members from this forum have provided me a lot of helpful information and helped me through all the difficult time.

Today my 5 and half years Journey for GC finally over. And I received the agic email from USCIS informing that they order my GC card yesterday.

Thanks all for your support. And I wish all of you good luck!!:)

Congratulations to you nylc4yr!!! I have a couple of questions for you.
Did you get any LUD's after your FP was done. I assume you got one for RFE, but besides that did you get any. and for those was there any message change with the LUD's?
One more thing was your category file EB3 India or ROW.
We have rather similar I 485 filing/RD/NDs (FD sept 25th, RD 11/8/06 , ND 11/13/06), so I'm very interested in hearing your response. No RFE's for me yet but 2 LUDs without any message change.

Thanks canislupus,

I got LUD's after FP, RFE and RFE Reply received and GC Approved. I am from China and my priority date has been current for a while.

Good luck with your case! Approval sometime comes at time you least expect it.

Congratulations to you nylc4yr!!! I have a couple of questions for you.
Did you get any LUD's after your FP was done. I assume you got one for RFE, but besides that did you get any. and for those was there any message change with the LUD's?
One more thing was your category file EB3 India or ROW.
We have rather similar I 485 filing/RD/NDs (FD sept 25th, RD 11/8/06 , ND 11/13/06), so I'm very interested in hearing your response. No RFE's for me yet but 2 LUDs without any message change.

Some paralegals are just arrogant and irresponsible!

I totally agree with you!

I do not understand how a lawyer would insist such a thing?? - I485 instructions clearly mention that verification of employment letter is a must for all employment based applications.
---------------------
- Employment Letter.

Service Ticket created with NSC

I just spoke with a lady at NSC and got a service ticket created for my request. She verified my application data and confirmed that my 485 application date is 60 days beyond the current processing time at NSC and created the ticket immediately. Though she did not provide any details about the application, she was very courteous in taking my information and creating the service request. She did say that I will get a response from my local USCIS office within the next 45 days and if I do not then call back.

How long does it take to get a response to this service request?

Thanks

I485 - EB2 RIR (India)
RD - 6/2/06
RFE issued - 12/6/06
RFE responded - 12/23/06
LUD - 1/3/07 - No updates after that.

I140 approved - 12/6/06
LCA PD - 7/21/2002

Employment Letter

Hi guys....

The RFE reported by nylc4yr and katewill....is making me really scared and worried.

I am not with the same employer anymore....I used AC21 and changed my job about 6 months ago. Now if I receive a RFE similar to what people are receiving....what should I do ?

Any ideas...I am pretty sure there will be a lot of people who are in the same boat as mine...

What are your thoughts? any experiences of similar situation ?

My lawyer doesn't required me for employement letter although i have schedule for biometrics already. But my co-employees required them by thier lawyers. Do you think i will have a problem for this in the future processing of my I-485? or its just a random to require for it?

---------------------
- Employment Letter.

Hi guys....

The RFE reported by nylc4yr and katewill....is making me really scared and worried.

I am not with the same employer anymore....I used AC21 and changed my job about 6 months ago. Now if I receive a RFE similar to what people are receiving....what should I do ?

Any ideas...I am pretty sure there will be a lot of people who are in the same boat as mine...

What are your thoughts? any experiences of similar situation ?

Your new sponsor will answer the RFE. That is how the majoroty of AC21 cases are completed.

It is therefore vital that you track your AOS, so that you are aware of any RFE that the lawyer that filed your case might receive. Failure by your new sponsor to timely answer this RFE, for whatever reason, will begin the AOS denial process.

Thanks nelsona.

So my new employer will have to reply with the employment letter if I get a RFE and that should resolve the issue....correct?

Is there a format of that letter?

I've made 3 service requests (two for myself and one for my wife). In all cases I've received written replies within two weeks.

Please note that no matter how many times you spell your street name to them, they will misspell street and city names anyway. The same agent during the same phone call did put street and city names in different ways for myself and my wife. This could be a reason why not everyone receives a letter from USCIS. So, better live on a street with an easy name :)

I just spoke with a lady at NSC and got a service ticket created for my request. She verified my application data and confirmed that my 485 application date is 60 days beyond the current processing time at NSC and created the ticket immediately. Though she did not provide any details about the application, she was very courteous in taking my information and creating the service request. She did say that I will get a response from my local USCIS office within the next 45 days and if I do not then call back.

Thanks

I485 - EB2 RIR (India)
RD - 6/2/06
RFE issued - 12/6/06
RFE responded - 12/23/06

I140 approved - 12/6/06
LCA PD - 7/21/2002

If you do get a RFE, the RFE will ask your employer to provide certain type of information, such as your new job duty, title, date of hire, etc.

It should be fairly easy to draft a letter by yourself or your lawyer by following the instruction.

Thanks nelsona.

So my new employer will have to reply with the employment letter if I get a RFE and that should resolve the issue....correct?

Is there a format of that letter?

What Phone no to call NSC

Thanks

I485 - EB2 RIR (India)
RD - 6/2/06
RFE issued - 12/6/06
RFE responded - 12/23/06

I140 approved - 12/6/06
LCA PD - 7/21/2002

Venram,

I would also like to call NSC to check status of my case. What is the phone no to call NSC?

Thanks

Sanvibha