Consolidated NSC I-485 Tracker

Hi Sanvibha,
The phone number is listed at the bottom of the page when you check your case status online.

Hope this helps.

Venram,

I would also like to call NSC to check status of my case. What is the phone no to call NSC?

Thanks

Sanvibha

Thanks for the response!

When I created this service request, the lady repeated each and every information that I provided to verify if the spelling was captured accurately. My street name is long and I took my own time to spell it out to her. She did not show any impatience and took all the information that I provided. Hopefully she entered the information without any typos which I believe so since she repeated to me all the information by spelling them out.

I've made 3 service requests (two for myself and one for my wife). In all cases I've received written replies within two weeks.

Please note that no matter how many times you spell your street name to them, they will misspell street and city names anyway. The same agent during the same phone call did put street and city names in different ways for myself and my wife. This could be a reason why not everyone receives a letter from USCIS. So, better live on a street with an easy name :)

RFE on I485

Today I received emails that RFE was sent for my I485(Primary and dependant), do we get a letter in the mail for that, or is it sent to the lawyer only?
Thanks.

485 filed in july 06 with NSC, went for an infopass on friday, hoping to find out more info about my pending case(most likely stuck in name check). was a complete nightmare. this lady is sooooooooo rude. frustrated!! what to do next? here is the conversation for your entertainment:
officer: how can i help you?
me: good afternoon, here is the photocopy of my receipt. my case was filed in july 06 and the current processing time is aug 06 so i was wondering what the status of my case is.
officer: what are you saying?
me:(silent didn't know what to say)
officer: (continued) your case is not even 1 year, what are you here for? (reading off from the receipt) processing times vary by kind of case, do you understand?
me: Yes i do. but since the processing time has passed mine for more than 30 days i would like to find out the status of my case
officer: what do you mean by 30 days, immigrations takes long time! ok give me your ID. (took my ID and typed something on her computer), your case is currently pending at lincoln.
me:so it is pending at NSC, right? couldnt' find out if it's pending name check with FBI?
officer: no it is with your home country?
me: my home country? you mean china?
office: how many times do i have to tell you, you case is pending with lincoln! here are some fact sheets about name check, if you had read it, it would've saved you the trip.
me: thank you ma'am.

i read from the internet that people do get help from the infopass but i seem to be the real unlucky one.

Remove any smileys and mail this transcript to USCIS Field Office Director at your local USCIS office as well as to their headquaters. Attach your appointement letter and name of the officer if you have that. Email it to CIS Ombusdman as well. They're being verbally rude.

I've been to a local USCIS in San Jose for INFOPASS last Friday. Not much news. 1 year in name check, no idea when it will resolve, according to the officer no ways to expedite. I asked about cases when people have waited for 7 years - the answer was pretty amusing - "Where did you hear that? Do you want your case to be that slow, you probably don't? Just wait, it may take 1.5 years or so". I'm not sure what that 1.5 years mean (total or from now), I'm also not sure how will it help that I do not "want" my case to be that slow.

On the positive side, the officer took my wife's note authorizing me to ask about her case. My wife's NC seems to be cleaned. It's contrary to what NSC told me answering my service request a month ago.

485 filed in july 06 with NSC, went for an infopass on friday, hoping to find out more info about my pending case(most likely stuck in name check). was a complete nightmare. this lady is sooooooooo rude. frustrated!! what to do next? here is the conversation for your entertainment:
me: good afternoon, here is the photocopy of my receipt. my case was filed in july 06 and the current processing time is aug 06 so i was wondering what the status of my case is.
officer: (continued) your case is not even 1 year, what are you here for? (reading off from the receipt) processing times vary by kind of case, do you understand?
me: Yes i do. but since the processing time has passed mine for more than 30 days i would like to find out the status of my case
officer: what do you mean by 30 days, immigrations takes long time! ok give me your ID. (took my ID and typed something on her computer), your case is currently pending at lincoln.
me:so it is pending at NSC, right? couldnt' find out if it's pending name check with FBI?
office: how many times do i have to tell you, you case is pending with lincoln! here are some fact sheets about name check, if you had read it, it would've saved you the trip.

i read from the internet that people do get help from the infopass but i seem to be the real unlucky one.

thanks you igor_ch

hi igor_ch,
thank you very much for your post, i will seriously consider your suggestion regarding filing a complaint.
after that woman told me that my case is pending in china, I no longer find the answer of the officer in your case that amazing!
let's hope we can get out of this black hole soon, i was in the backlog center black hole for 2.5yr and this one i don't know.
I am glad to hear that your wife's nc was cleared and it also gives me some hope since the Email reply to my service request also says background checking pending and I hope i am like your wife that the info in the email wasn't true.
cheers and good luck,

Remove any smileys and mail this transcript to USCIS Field Office Director at your local USCIS office as well as to their headquaters. Attach your appointement letter and name of the officer if you have that. Email it to CIS Ombusdman as well. They're being verbally rude.

I've been to a local USCIS in San Jose for INFOPASS last Friday. Not much news. 1 year in name check, no idea when it will resolve, according to the officer no ways to expedite. I asked about cases when people have waited for 7 years - the answer was pretty amusing - "Where did you hear that? Do you want your case to be that slow, you probably don't? Just wait, it may take 1.5 years or so". I'm not sure what that 1.5 years mean (total or from now), I'm also not sure how will it help that I do not "want" my case to be that slow.

On the positive side, the officer took my wife's note authorizing me to ask about her case. My wife's NC seems to be cleaned. It's contrary to what NSC told me answering my service request a month ago.

Still waiting

Are there people with September and especially October PD/ND 2006 dates still around? I haven't seen many posts lately, and it makes me feel very lonely, haha, especially after seeing some approvals from december, january even february on trackitt.com. Just making sure I'm not the only one left behind (Even though the processing date went back to August 13th, 2006) from that 'batch'.

Do you guys think they slowed down because of that H1-b deadline in April? (brings back memories of April 2001...urghhhhh!).

Gosh! I feel very sorry for your encounter.. But it'll be alright. The day when you become a permanent resident, this is all gonna become the past and you won't even feel sorry for these underachieving americans sitting in the corner with an arsehole attitude like that. They need to be reported.

I hope though, when i have to check with infopass, I will be dealing with some people of slightly higher class..

finally, my turn has come!

received approval email last night around 6:30PM.
this is odd becuase LUD were updated mostly in the morning.
LUD for only 485, no LUD for 140 nor 765 previously approved.
for my case, it looks like RFE is issued after namecheck is cleared.

one concern is that there is no LUD for my spouse. her RFE is sent back the same day as mine.
should i inquire USCIS about this?

Congratulations! What's the RFE for your wife about? When was your name check cleared?
received approval email last night around 6:30PM.
this is odd becuase LUD were updated mostly in the morning.
LUD for only 485, no LUD for 140 nor 765 previously approved.
for my case, it looks like RFE is issued after namecheck is cleared.

one concern is that there is no LUD for my spouse. her RFE is sent back the same day as mine.
should i inquire USCIS about this?

Infopass

Just had an Infopass appointment in San Jose. Quite informative: very nice old gentleman said that my case is pre-adjucated (i.e. they only wait for FBI name-check to be cleared) and my wife's case is already cleared and it's just waiting for my case to be approved. In other words, as soon as they have FBI response on my case, they will isuue green-cards to the whole family.

I've asked him why the latest response for the sevice request didn't say that the case is pre-adjucated. He had no idea, how the message text depends on actual case status.

No updates in 485....

Hi Gurus,

Had been a silent observer in this forum for quite a long time. Filed i-140 and 485 concurrently on MAy 26,2006.
Got a lud on 485 on 06/13/2006 after the fingerprinting. After that no news. i-140 approved after a RFE on
Deccember 19,2006. Raised couple of inquiries through phone and one infopass
after my dates passed , which says security checks and will update in 6 months blah blah blah, but no updates on lud. Is it normal?
How do i find out if they are working on my case or if they have completely forgot about it?

My pd is Eb2/2002 july/india

Hi Gurus,

Had been a silent observer in this forum for quite a long time. Filed i-140 and 485 concurrently on MAy 26,2006.
Got a lud on 485 on 06/13/2006 after the fingerprinting. After that no news. i-140 approved after a RFE on
Deccember 19,2006. Raised couple of inquiries through phone and one infopass
after my dates passed , which says security checks and will update in 6 months blah blah blah, but no updates on lud. Is it normal?
How do i find out if they are working on my case or if they have completely forgot about it?

My pd is Eb2/2002 july/india

Poor soul! You are truly stuck in name check. Given that there will be 100,000 new I-485s in the next 2 mionths, all of which will be submitted on top of our old cases, you have little hope of clearing name check at this point. If it takes longer than 3 months, it'll take 3-4 years.

Your is deeply buriied in FBI pile.

Sorry.

Just had an Infopass appointment in San Jose. Quite informative: very nice old gentleman said that my case is pre-adjucated (i.e. they only wait for FBI name-check to be cleared) and my wife's case is already cleared and it's just waiting for my case to be approved. In other words, as soon as they have FBI response on my case, they will isuue green-cards to the whole family.

I've asked him why the latest response for the sevice request didn't say that the case is pre-adjucated. He had no idea, how the message text depends on actual case status.

Unfortunately "they only wait for FBI nam-check to be cleared" means you are stuck. The fact that your wife's has passed -- and since yours didn't --means that it is stuck. They were submitted at the same time.

We are in exactly the same situation as you, except that it has been 3 years waiting now. Your name chack and mine are just getting burieed deeper and deeper by the week.

EB3/INDIA/MARCH 2002- Approved

Here is the email i got today.
Dont know what is ADIT process.

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR
TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.

On June 5, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this
customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions
on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within
60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT
processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you
move before you get your new card call customer service. You can also
receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the
link below to register.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case
status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from
USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS
Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

Dateline

PD - March 2002/EB3/INDIA
LCA - Sep 04
I-140/I-485- Concurrent filing 29 Dec 04
I-140 AD - Sep 05
1st FP - 23 Feb 05
2nd FP - Jan 07
Feb 27th , 2007 - Case transferred from CSC to NSC
Changed 2 jobs on AC-21
485 AD - 5 June 07

Recieved welcome message

I received a welcome message just like jolly_fello above.

Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later

---------------------------------------------

There is no registration link available. What does ADIT processing mean anyway?:confused:

EB3/India/PD:Feb 2002
I-140/485 concurrent filling April 2005
FP1 done Aug2005
I-140 approved September2005
I-485 RFE April2007, replied May 31 2007
Recieved welcome mail for I-485 June 5 2007