Consolidated NSC I-485 Tracker

My I 485 has been approved a month ago. Can you guys tell me how long do I need to stay in this company? I have been here for more than a year.
Appreciate your response.
thanks

My I 485 has been approved a month ago. Can you guys tell me how long do I need to stay in this company? I have been here for more than a year.
Appreciate your response.
thanks

There is no hard-and-fast rule. However, the criteria you want to apply is the following. If, when I leave, and my firm decides to begin cancelation proceedings against me, will it appear that I was merely with this firm to get my green card or did it appear that I was planning to work for them (since that was the basis for granting your residency.

The rule of thumb is at least 6 months to at most a year. Much depends on your relationship with your employer.

Third Fingerprinting

I just got a notice for THIRD fingerprinting on our AOS. We last went for FP in March 2006, and FPs were approved at that time.

This seems a rather short lifespan for the 2nd set of FPs, does it not.

Anyone else unfortunate enough to need 3rd FP out there?

Still stuck in name check

Just received another response for the service request. As usual:
The processing of your case has been delayed. A check of our records establishes that your case is not yet ready for decision, as required investigation in your background remains open.​
What's new - they're not asking to do not disturb them for 180 days. Nothing at all. :mad:

485 Processing

I called the USCIS customer support number several times, and opened 3 referrals over the last 4 months. Never received any response to any of them yet.

My 485 was initially filed with Vermont in May 2006, but due to the bi-specialization crap, it got transferred to Nebraska in Oct 2006.

Today I called the customer suppport number again and the lady who answered the call told me that the filing date changes when a case is transferred. So now my filing date is Oct 21st 2006 (date of transfer) and Nebraska is processing August 13, 2006 so it will be couple of months more before they get to my case.

Is that how it is supposed to work?

Thanks for your inputs.

My file got transferred from CSC to NSC. filing date does not necessarily get changed. However, since we are transferred, we don't follow the usual trend (relating to the processing dates). To put it another way, we are in a limbo land. We don't fall under any category/list.

You are entitled to make a status inquiry only after 6 months from the date of transfer. That is your first mile stone.

My file was transferred in Feb 07, my PD is current and I had originally filed in March 2005 (went into retrogression later and became current about a month ago)

Bottomline, we are all in limbo land (transferred ones).
Ela
I called the USCIS customer support number several times, and opened 3 referrals over the last 4 months. Never received any response to any of them yet.

My 485 was initially filed with Vermont in May 2006, but due to the bi-specialization crap, it got transferred to Nebraska in Oct 2006.

Today I called the customer suppport number again and the lady who answered the call told me that the filing date changes when a case is transferred. So now my filing date is Oct 21st 2006 (date of transfer) and Nebraska is processing August 13, 2006 so it will be couple of months more before they get to my case.

Thanks for your inputs.

The floodgates are about to open

Starting June there will be a HUGE flood of new I-485 (and namecheck) filings. Expect more delays.

Just received another response for the service request. As usual:
The processing of your case has been delayed. A check of our records establishes that your case is not yet ready for decision, as required investigation in your background remains open.​
What's new - they're not asking to do not disturb them for 180 days. Nothing at all. :mad:

Card Ordered 1 Week after Reply to RFE

I have been a reader for this forum for a while. Members from this forum have provided me a lot of helpful information and helped me through all the difficult time.

Today my 5 and half years Journey for GC finally over. And I received the agic email from USCIS informing that they order my GC card yesterday.

Thanks all for your support. And I wish all of you good luck!!:)

What is your RFE of 485 about?

Congratulations! What is your RFE about?
I have been a reader for this forum for a while. Members from this forum have provided me a lot of helpful information and helped me through all the difficult time.

Today my 5 and half years Journey for GC finally over. And I received the agic email from USCIS informing that they order my GC card yesterday.

Thanks all for your support. And I wish all of you good luck!!:)

Thanks for your inputs.

You need to do an INFOPASS. Customer service gives bullshit responses without knowing anything. Their job seems to be to just push people back. Half the time they say they do not know anything more than you can see online and the other half half they give idiotic and erroneous responses.

There is no communication from USCIS that states that if a case is transfered under bi-specialization, that case would have a new receipt date! Go for INFOPASS!

No.

The paralegal insisted that I don't need to submit the letter at the time I filed I-485. She was wrong and cost me extra 1 and half month wait!

Good luck for your case!

Did you change the employer during I-485? Or file AC-21? Why did USCIS ask for that thing?

I just got a notice for THIRD fingerprinting on our AOS. We last went for FP in March 2006, and FPs were approved at that time.

This seems a rather short lifespan for the 2nd set of FPs, does it not.

Anyone else unfortunate enough to need 3rd FP out there?

I'm sorry, I don't have direct answer to your question, but I did see a couple cases on this portal pending for over 3 years :(. I wanted to ask you though, have you thought of filing the wom? Did you have chance to write to VVIPs like senators, fl etc.? Did they give you any guidelines etc.?
All the best on your case!

Congrats nylc4yr

The paralegal insisted that I don't need to submit the letter at the time I filed I-485. She was wrong and cost me extra 1 and half month wait!

Good luck for your case!

Your processing is almost similar to mine.
I have no activity after replying to the RFE, an employment letter.
I hope I don't wait too long.

katewill,

Did you submit your employment letter when you filed your 485? If yes, why did USCIS ask another one? Any specific reason? Thanks!

yes i did. who knows what USCIS is up to?
maybe they are checking if i am still with same company and it is a permanent job

As you may have noticed Katewill's PD is very old.

It is not unusual for CIS to RFE the employer, particaularly if the I1-40 has been approved more than 2 years before. jack, your I-140 was approved 6 months ago.

I am fully expecting exactly the same RFE if my namecheck is ever cleared.

Standard practice.

Hi Katewill,

Thanks!

I think that it may be because my RD(10/05/2006) was a little bit earlier than yours. Yours should be approved fairly soon if USCIS stick to the 60 day processing time after RFE.

Good luck!