Consolidated NSC I-485 Tracker

485 stuck since May 2006

Thanks Nelsona,

Do you think I should do anything as my labor was stuck for 4 years and now waiting for 4 years would be too much.Could letter to Senator etc help?

Thanks

Thanks Nelsona,

Do you think I should do anything as my labor was stuck for 4 years and now waiting for 4 years would be too much.Could letter to Senator etc help?

Thanks

Looks similar to my case. My labor rotted in Phily BEC and now started rotting
at TSC with namecheck blackhole. I applied I-485 in July 2006. I had LUD in Aug.206 after FP. After that nothing. A service request recently ( as latest as last month ) got me a letter from TSC that i am stuck in namecheck. Somthing tells me that i am in for a long wait. Personally ( friends circle ) i don't know anybody from India who cleared in 6 months. Both me and my wife are stuck. What all scre--ed up ways they search to make sure we are not bad fellas.

Name Check Cleared but no LUD

I had infopass appointment today and officer told me that I had name check cleared but there is no LUD on my I-485 since 10/19/2006 and I filed my case on 10/03/2006.

Can I expect that my case can be approved at any time given name check has been cleared?

I had infopass appointment today and officer told me that I had name check cleared but there is no LUD on my I-485 since 10/19/2006 and I filed my case on 10/03/2006.

Can I expect that my case can be approved at any time given name check has been cleared?

This was the biggest hurdle. There is typically no LUD after namecheck approval. you ae likely in the final queue.:)

for prince123 and other buddies stuck in nc

hi prince, we are so in the same boat. i really don't know what we can do. i consulted rajiv khanna's office and was told that after the feb 20 memo regarding wow their office no longer guarentee that lawsuit would resolve the name check issue. any idea??

Labor PD: 1/2003 | I-140 FD: 07/19/'06 AD: 03/06/'07 | I-485 FD 07/19/'06 LUD : 08/13/'06 | FP - 04/06/07 - 04/10/'07

Looks similar to my case. My labor rotted in Phily BEC and now started rotting
at TSC with namecheck blackhole. I applied I-485 in July 2006. I had LUD in Aug.206 after FP. After that nothing. A service request recently ( as latest as last month ) got me a letter from TSC that i am stuck in namecheck. Somthing tells me that i am in for a long wait. Personally ( friends circle ) i don't know anybody from India who cleared in 6 months. Both me and my wife are stuck. What all scre--ed up ways they search to make sure we are not bad fellas.

hi nelsona, just out o curiosity, all these years did you ever think of filing a lawsuite? you case would've been quite strong.

This was the biggest hurdle. There is typically no LUD after namecheck approval. you ae likely in the final queue.:)

Same here

Hi MalikLW..

Im in the same boat.. My LUD was 01/02/2007.. My FP was done on 12/20/2006. My NC was cleared on 01/02/2007 as per my InfoPass... So wait... :confused:

Hi MalikLW..

Im in the same boat.. My LUD was 01/02/2007.. My FP was done on 12/20/2006. My NC was cleared on 01/02/2007 as per my InfoPass... So wait... :confused:

All that is left is normal processing. You appear to be in good shape for approval sometime this summer.

I don't mean to spoil the party mood. I really don't. It looks like you got your FP done in July 2006 and if the name check has not cleared till now There is a good chance it might take couple of years to get it cleared (Just my understanding).
It is true that once the name check is cleared, nothing much happens afterwords in terms of processing. However, there might be lag of about 1-2 months before it is approved.

The main catch in your case is the name check. The million dollar question is: how long is it going to take.
You can also research the forum for name check clearance time.

I sincerely hope and wish that your name check is cleared soon and you can move along..The less common your name is, faster it is going to be..

The online status or letters don't necessarily tell you that it is pre-adjucated. In some sense if you get your FP, you are pre-adjucated..
Ela
Just had an Infopass appointment in San Jose. Quite informative: very nice old gentleman said that my case is pre-adjucated (i.e. they only wait for FBI name-check to be cleared) and my wife's case is already cleared and it's just waiting for my case to be approved. In other words, as soon as they have FBI response on my case, they will isuue green-cards to the whole family.

I've asked him why the latest response for the sevice request didn't say that the case is pre-adjucated. He had no idea, how the message text depends on actual case status.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi nelsona, just out o curiosity, all these years did you ever think of filing a lawsuite? you case would've been quite strong.

As you know, lawsuits are being dismissed at this point, and mandamus does not work anymore, since Februalry memorandum.

I only found out about the seriousness of name check in my case in May 2007, since I had been retrogressed until Nov 2006.

I don't mean to spoil the party mood. I really don't. It looks like you got your FP done in July 2006 and if the name check has not cleared till now There is a good chance it might take couple of years to get it cleared (Just my understanding).
It is true that once the name check is cleared, nothing much happens afterwords in terms of processing. However, there might be lag of about 1-2 months before it is approved.

The main catch in your case is the name check. The million dollar question is: how long is it going to take.
You can also research the forum for name check clearance time.

I sincerely hope and wish that your name check is cleared soon and you can move along..The less common your name is, faster it is going to be..

The online status or letters don't necessarily tell you that it is pre-adjucated. In some sense if you get your FP, you are pre-adjucated..
Ela

dstu, I agree with ela. To say that all that is left is namecheck is to say that all I left to do to conquer everest is to climb it.

for nelsona

i see.
Yes i am aware of the memo issued on 2/20 regarding WOM by USCIS. but based on the research i have done on the internet i think you might still stand a chance to do it since yours has been pending for the last 3yr. lots of people are DIY filing the case and you might want to give it a try. it cant harm, right? rajiv khanna's office filed a case after 2/20 last month when i called them would be interesting to know the outcome of the $5000 effort.

As you know, lawsuits are being dismissed at this point, and mandamus does not work anymore, since Februalry memorandum.

I only found out about the seriousness of name check in my case in May 2007, since I had been retrogressed until Nov 2006.

i see.
Yes i am aware of the memo issued on 2/20 regarding WOM by USCIS. but based on the research i have done on the internet i think you might still stand a chance to do it since yours has been pending for the last 3yr. lots of people are DIY filing the case and you might want to give it a try. it cant harm, right? rajiv khanna's office filed a case after 2/20 last month when i called them would be interesting to know the outcome of the $5000 effort.

Thanks

dstu, I agree with ela. To say that all that is left is namecheck is to say that all I left to do to conquer everest is to climb it.

Yeah, I know. When I said "informative" in my original posting, I meant that it's clear now, that I'm stuck in namecheck. Especially considering that my wife's namecheck is complete. In other words, no need to check USCIS processing dates, this conference, trackitt.com etc. I'm going to relax and wait. I already have changed job using AC21. Not a big deal as soon as the new company is ready to take care of all this paperwork.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I know. When I said "informative" in my original posting, I meant that it's clear now, that I'm stuck in namecheck. Especially sonsidering that my wife's namecheck is complete. In other words, no need to check USCIS processing dates, this conference, trackitt.com etc. I'm going to relax and wait. I already had changed job using AC21. Not a big deal as soon as new company is ready to take care of all this paperwork.

Thank Bill Clinton for AC21. my only issue with not getting GC is that is delays getting Citizenship. I want to go back to Canada or UK at some near future, and would prefer to have citizenship than have to do somersaults to keep green card.

US citizenship means freedom to leave and come back freely... and that can only happen after 5 years of GC.

Oh, and it also prevents me from being a consultant, since I need a sponsoring EMPLOYER.

What is your name ?

Poor soul! You are truly stuck in name check. Given that there will be 100,000 new I-485s in the next 2 mionths, all of which will be submitted on top of our old cases, you have little hope of clearing name check at this point. If it takes longer than 3 months, it'll take 3-4 years.

Your is deeply buriied in FBI pile.

Sorry.

May ask our name ?

Card Production Ordered !!

Yesterday - my wife and I got the emails that the case is approved and got another email today saying "card production ordered"

Here are the details of my case:

Center: NSC
Category: EB3
Labor: Dec 2002 (substitute labor)
I-140: Approved Jun 2005.
I-485:Applied Dec 2004 - Approved yesterday.