Consolidated NSC I-485 Tracker

eefrog said:
green_ocean
What timeline were you referring to in your previous post?
thanks,
frog

the fact that they claim that are now processing I-485 cases filed on july 13 ... it is a little bit odd, given their eternal slowliness.

Is it a fact or a fiction that EB1 I-485 applications are processesed ahead of EB2 and EB3 I-485s.
I couldn't find a confirmation on this, USCIS states that I-485 apps are processed in FIFO fashion, but it seems like they formed separate EB1 queue (like a first class check in line at the airport).
I see EB1s are getting processed, on average, in a shorter time according to trackitt. Again this is a bit ad-hoc but it sure looks that way.

Overdue Tracker Update

I-485 NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER TRACKER

rex70 - added
mrcMD - updated (APPROVED!)
gc_rush - updated (APPROVED!)
dreamer_ny - updated
eefrog - added
gmr - updated
dc4opera - updated (APPROVED!)
yy13 - added
tariqk - added

This will be a consolidated NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER TRACKER. Post if you have filed I-485 in Nebraska regardless of date.

I will update the tracker every few days. Please do not update the tracker as this causes version control issues.

Please post the following information:

User name
Priority Date
Retrogressed (Y/N)
Country
EB-1 / EB-2 / EB-3
I-140 Receipt Date
I-140 Approval Date
I-485 Receipt Date
LIN number (LIN-YYDDD-XXXXX)
Finger Print Notice Date
Finger Print Appointment Date
I-485 Approval Date

Please note that this is NOT meant to be a I-140 tracker. Visit the I-140 Nebraska section for a comprehensive I-140 tracker. I am however capturing this information here since it is likely there is some relationship between I-140 approval and I-485.

For those of you that came from BEC and got to use that tracker, I think it was useful for all of us. Now please help build this tracker.

I will add reports once we collect enough records to make them useful.

Yes, I know trackitt.com exists and its great, etc., etc. I invite you to post there as well. Keeping a tracker here allows us to track and discuss as well.

Thank you everyone.

JustWatching

I am there !!! CHeck my details in sign !!!

iak65 said:
Thanks what is worrying me more I was told at ifopass that my NC is cleared, do you know anybody else with June dates and not approved

My infopass appointment

Just want to share my infopass experience in NYC today.
Got a number first and waited for 1.5 hrs. According to the officer, my NC is pending and they initiated the NC around last Novemeber. Besides, it would take around half a year for the name check to clear.

It seems that I am already stuck in Name Check. The only thing I could do is keep my finger crossed.

I am also waiting with ND 6/19/06.It is nice to see that there was one approval for this ND in trackitt,on 1/27/06 for user MDGC.Since my dates are very close to that of this person ,my hopes are up.

EB2 RIR CA
PD: Oct 22,2002 (Labor)
Certfied Date: May 2006
Concurrent Filing I-140/I-485 on June 19 ,06 (NSC)
I-140 PP on 9th Oct 06, Approved on 11thOct 2006
FP July 06, EAD July 06, AP Aug 06
I-485 (LUD) many, last on 11/30/06

Opened Service Request !!

Just my experience.
I callled, the lady took all my information to open service request and gave me the Refereral #, finally the main question was not answrerd...
Q : Why the Delay ?
A: She said no idea...they are just allwoed to have limited access ..

Q: What is my Name Check status ?
A: She can not access that information. she ask me to talk to immegration officer by inforpass appointment. ( looks like I have to get one)

Finally she said NSC will reply to my service request in in 2-3 weeks.

Thats alll......it just a dumb call center with limited access to our information.

New to the forum -June 2006 club-

Hi,

I am new to this forum. I had infopass appointment 2 weeks ago, I was told NC cleared on July. I called customer service last week and received a ticket #.

EB2 ROW
Concurrent Filing I-140/I-485 June 12, 2006 (NSC)
I-140 Approved on November 1, 2006 (upgraded PP)
Finger Prints July 1, 2006
I-485 (LUD and only) 07/05/06

Hello all Gurus,
I am working at my current employer for the last 6 years as a technical analyst/developer. My I-485 was filed at the end of October 06 (see my details below). I just wanted to ask you guys if I want to change my job and take a management position at another company what would be the secure time to do it. I know we had some discussion on this forum on this topic but my dilemma is that currently my position is technical and it would change to mostly non technical.

I can think of two choices:
1) Change the position at the end of 6 months of filing which will be end of April 07
2) Wait for I485 to clear, wait for more than 6 months and then change.

I would appreciate if you guys have any input or if you can think of any other opton?

question about scheduling an infopass appointment

How long in advance shall I schedule an infopass appointment?

I want to check whether my name check is started or done? Can I get this information from phone?

Thanks...

dreamer_ny said:
Hello all Gurus,
I am working at my current employer for the last 6 years as a technical analyst/developer. My I-485 was filed at the end of October 06 (see my details below). I just wanted to ask you guys if I want to change my job and take a management position at another company what would be the secure time to do it. I know we had some discussion on this forum on this topic but my dilemma is that currently my position is technical and it would change to mostly non technical.

I can think of two choices:
1) Change the position at the end of 6 months of filing which will be end of April 07
2) Wait for I485 to clear, wait for more than 6 months and then change.

I would appreciate if you guys have any input or if you can think of any other opton?

I would look at the ONET code for your current position and see if it has managerial activites as well. If it's close then moving after 6 months of I-485 filing may be an option.

Otherwise I would probably suggest you wait.

Service request response

I just received response for the service request I'd made on Friday, Jan 19. They replied on Monday, Jan 22 - quite fast, I think.

They inform:
"The processing of your I-485 application has been delayed. A check of our records establishes that your case is not ready yet for a decision, as the required investigation into your background remains open.

Until the background investigation is completed, we cannot move forward on your case...
"

As far as I understand, they're talking about stuck in the name check, right?

I scheduled mine just a week before the appointement.

I don't think they will give you the NC status over the phone. You have to get a infopass appointment.

svrabbit said:
How long in advance shall I schedule an infopass appointment?

I want to check whether my name check is started or done? Can I get this information from phone?

Thanks...

Approved Last Night!

I got confirmation e-mail last night!!!
My best whishes for all of you,

EB2 ROW
Concurrent Filing I-140/I-485 June 12, 2006 (NSC)
I-140 Approved on November 1, 2006 (upgraded PP)
Finger Prints July 1, 2006
I-485 (LUD and only) 07/05/06, 1/30/07 (APPROVED)