Consolidated NSC I-485 Tracker

I received the same e-mail 3 times in a row saying my I-485 was approved. I also received an e-mail saying card production had been ordered 3 times in a row. I'm not sure why they send the e-mails repeatedly. Maybe to make sure it goes through?

In any case, I checked my online status even before getting any of the e-mails. I had gotten in the habit of checking the status on uscis.gov at least 3 times a day -- talk about obsessive, right?

green ocean said:
Congratulations. I have been following on your steps in terms of LUDs and approvals so far. Hopefully, I will get my case done soon...
Did you also receive e-mail or was it only online status updated?

not exactly...

dc4opera said:
I had gotten in the habit of checking the status on uscis.gov at least 3 times a day -- talk about obsessive, right?

3 times per day is very light, my dear. I have been reading stories of real obsessive compulsive people who bugged the system so much (evey 5 min) and triggered e-mails which were advising them to "take it easy" or "open an account" to check their status without being a hustle to the system.

Again, congrats. Mas06, dstu, me and all the other guys who are in the f...ing 10 yard stretch feel kind of better now.

I received the same e-mail 3 times in a row saying my I-485 was approved. I also received an e-mail saying card production had been ordered 3 times in a row. I'm not sure why they send the e-mails repeatedly. Maybe to make sure it goes through?

This is normal, particularly if you ever switched on/off the e-mail function for that particualr case.
I routinely get 2 or 3 e-amils for my cases (I've had 6 EADs and 6 APs and 2 H1 renewals).

I don't care how many times they send me my i-485 approval, just let them send ONE!!! :)

This was kinda slow week. Only one or 2 approvals reported here.
Last week there was a bunch, I felt pretty energized ...

They seem to be going thru some spurts, maybe the timeline update on Jan 17 was a forcing function ... C'mon NSC, speed up ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Wom

Well I drove 7 hours for info pass appt , all they could tell me that my I-485 is pending , I am comtemplating WOM, any suggetsions guys? I was told my name check was cleared but I dont think they want to tell much
I-140 AD PP
I-485 Rd06-13-06, ND 06-27-06
EB2 world

Last edited by a moderator:
With I-485 pending for 6 months, WOM is not an option. Plan to file a WOM when your application is at least 1.5 years old. WOM requires you to demonstrate that the agency "should have done" their job by this time. So, get some patience, and start preparing for a WOM. Reading the following thread is a **must** if you want to file for WOM:

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=194681

iak65 said:
Well I drove 7 hours for info pass appt , all they could tell me that my I-485 is pending , I am comtemplating WOM, any suggetsions guys? I was told my name check was cleared but I dont think they want to tell much
I-140 AD PP
I-485 Rd06-13-06, ND 06-27-06
EB2 world

igor ch

Thank you for your advice I value it, here is my fear I have not seen any update on my case since I did the finger printing in July 2006, most probably my file is collecting dust somewhere and have missed the que and if I was told name check is pending it would have been different story, dont you think just filing it will atleast make them look in to file, and I am behind USCIS publuished dead lines without any reason given to me, and here is an interesting legal view
(a) Jefrey v. INS, 710 F. Supp. 486 (S.D.N.Y. 1989) the court concluded that just because a delay is “not unusual” does not make it reasonable.

You can file a service request by calling USCIS once their official processing date will be more than 30 days after your ND. They're supposed to look for your case and give a written answer. I think one of the purposes of this procedure is to find cases, which fell behind the shelf, or got buried under the dust... I think nobody would argue that all of our cases are just collecting dust over there. Unfortunately, too many people never saw a reply to their service requests, will see if they reply to my request.

>> (a) Jefrey v. INS, 710 F. Supp. 486 (S.D.N.Y. 1989) the court concluded that just because a delay is “not unusual” does not make it reasonable.

That's really interesting, and encouraging - thanks for sharing. But I still believe that court's usual "reasonable person" test will tell that 6 months delay is not unreasonable, given that their *official* processing times are around that timeframe anyway. 1 year should sound somewhat unreasonable, and (I hope) 1.5 years will be seen as unreasonable without any doubt.

iak65 said:
Thank you for your advice I value it, here is my fear I have not seen any update on my case since I did the finger printing in July 2006, most probably my file is collecting dust somewhere and have missed the que and if I was told name check is pending it would have been different story, dont you think just filing it will atleast make them look in to file, and I am behind USCIS publuished dead lines without any reason given to me, and here is an interesting legal view
(a) Jefrey v. INS, 710 F. Supp. 486 (S.D.N.Y. 1989) the court concluded that just because a delay is “not unusual” does not make it reasonable.

igor ch

Thanks for your input I already have called the UScis but you have to really assertive I called on July 17 on my first call I was told since your case was filed on June 13 and processing date are July 13 its not more than a month I have to wait, I read uscis website agian where it said 30 days or more called back again quoted it and was able to get a computer request generated

iak65 said:
Thanks for your input I already have called the UScis but you have to really assertive I called on July 17 on my first call I was told since your case was filed on June 13 and processing date are July 13 its not more than a month I have to wait, I read uscis website agian where it said 30 days or more called back again quoted it and was able to get a computer request generated

Your ND is the same is mine. I called yesterday and asked for a service request. They took my info and gave me a confirmation number. I already know the answer (stuck in NC), but I need somthing in writing in case I file for WOM in the future. You need an official document stating the reason for delay. Unfortunately, many do not get any response and recentely NSC is responding that: "application is under review", so I guess they are becoming legally savvy. One thing you may want to do is to ask your congressman or senator. They will get an official response from USCIS. In your case, you will be able to know for sure whether your NC is cleared or figure out what is delaying your case. Best wishes.

AP Not Received

Guys,

I got an email that my AP (Document other than card) was produced and MAILED last Thursday. I haven't received anything yet. Is this normal? Mail shouldn't take 8+ days to reach me, no? Has anyone had a similar period until they actually received their AP paper? Thanks much

zgubi said:
Guys,

I got an email that my AP (Document other than card) was produced and MAILED last Thursday. I haven't received anything yet. Is this normal? Mail shouldn't take 8+ days to reach me, no? Has anyone had a similar period until they actually received their AP paper? Thanks much

my AP was mailed to my attorney. Have you checked with them?

mas06

Thanks what is worrying me more I was told at ifopass that my NC is cleared, do you know anybody else with June dates and not approved

iak65 said:
Thanks what is worrying me more I was told at ifopass that my NC is cleared, do you know anybody else with June dates and not approved

Yes. In this forum, I think several friends are. I remember for example Green_Ocean's NC is cleared and his ND is in June.

2 years is a reasonable delay?

Just wanted to share an interesting case details, where 2 years spent on FBI namecheck is not considered unacceptable...

==========
... we take guidance from Judge Ellis in the Eastern District of Virginia who addressed an FBI--related delay in Danilov, the only other opinion on this issue that this Court could locate. In that case, the plaintiff filed his petition for naturalization in February 2003, but his FBI background was not completed until March 23, 2005 ---- over two years from the date of his application. Danilov, 370 F. Supp. at 442. [*9] In that case, the Court found that not only was the 2--year FBI delay acceptable, but that the USCIS
had an additional 120 days after the receipt of the FBI background check to render a decision.

In this case, the Plaintiff has experienced a delay of one year and eight months. We cannot say this is an unreasonable amount of time.
==========

Source:
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=15494

I just filed:
EB2/PERM/Non-retrogressed/NSC
LC PD 10/06 AD 12/06
RD - 1/4/07; ND - 1/6/07
FP date 2/6/07
I485 LUD - 1/11;
I140 (RP) LUD - 1/11;
EAD LUD - 1/11;
AP LUD - 1/11;

speak of the devil...

mas06 said:
Yes. In this forum, I think several friends are. I remember for example Green_Ocean's NC is cleared and his ND is in June.

yes, iak65 I am in your shoes. I was also told in the infopass that NC was cleared a month after application. I only had one LUD after fingerprinting. I think they haven't forgotten us, its simply that the new timeline they announced in Jan. 17 is unrealistic...

best advise: start a request and pray :)

What timeline are you referring to?

green_ocean
What timeline were you referring to in your previous post?
thanks,
frog