Consolidated NSC I-485 Tracker

ejad said:
I got confirmation e-mail last night!!!
My best whishes for all of you,

EB2 ROW
Concurrent Filing I-140/I-485 June 12, 2006 (NSC)
I-140 Approved on November 1, 2006 (upgraded PP)
Finger Prints July 1, 2006
I-485 (LUD and only) 07/05/06, 1/30/07 (APPROVED)

Congrats!! It feels very good to see approvals. thanks for posting here.

Notice RCVD, no card yet

Congrats ejad.

Did you get an email saying that approval notice was mailed or card ordered?

I received my email about approval notice and also received the physical approval notice. But have not received email about the card being mailed or anything. Its been 2 weeks since approval. My FP is current, so not sure. Anyone seen/been in this situation

ejad said:
I got confirmation e-mail last night!!!
My best whishes for all of you,

EB2 ROW
Concurrent Filing I-140/I-485 June 12, 2006 (NSC)
I-140 Approved on November 1, 2006 (upgraded PP)
Finger Prints July 1, 2006
I-485 (LUD and only) 07/05/06, 1/30/07 (APPROVED)

gc rush,

Below a copy of the e-mail:

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.

On January 30, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Case Status & Processing Dates.
*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

WOM no longer an option

Found this at immigration-law. This was faster than expected. In short the only legal door has slammed shut for those stuck in name check.

01/30/2007: USCIS HQ Confirmed the Report that Mandamus Lawsuits Will Not Lead to Their Acceleration of Namechecks

We reported this news a few days ago. Now AILA-USCIS Liaison reports that the USCIS will no longer accelerate for any namechecks because of the Mandamus lawsuits by the applicants. Hmm.......

bigbang2001 said:
Found this at immigration-law. This was faster than expected. In short the only legal door has slammed shut for those stuck in name check.

01/30/2007: USCIS HQ Confirmed the Report that Mandamus Lawsuits Will Not Lead to Their Acceleration of Namechecks

We reported this news a few days ago. Now AILA-USCIS Liaison reports that the USCIS will no longer accelerate for any namechecks because of the Mandamus lawsuits by the applicants. Hmm.......

Could you provide the complete link? immigration-law has a history of providing incorrect/incomplete information.

It is on the breaking news. Click on it and then scroll down.

One of the so called lawyer in Yahoo namecheck group also had confirmed that.

One can still file WOM but it would not be out of court anymore.

rollingstone said:
Could you provide the complete link? immigration-law has a history of providing incorrect/incomplete information.

bigbang2001 said:
It is on the breaking news. Click on it and then scroll down.

One of the so called lawyer in Yahoo namecheck group also had confirmed that.

One can still file WOM but it would not be out of court anymore.

I am a bit speptical of these breaking news. It appears only on that web site. Also, USCIS is the plaintif in WOM cases. They do not dismiss or settle on their own. This has to be requested by the AUSA, unless of course there is an agreement between USCIS and AUSA to stay the case for court hearing. In this case, there will thounds of pending cases in court. Just my opinion.

Here is the update by the so called attorney on Yahoo namecheck group. Again it is an opinion but the rumor is gaining ground:

>>Hi all,
>>I meant to say that the USCIS has already changed its >>policy regarding the writ of mandamus. This means >>that we can expect to receive motions to dismiss from >>US attorneys after the lawsuit is filed. The FBI and >>USCIS is pressuring the US Attorneys to oppose these >>lawsuits, as opposed to doing more expedites because >>a lawsuit is filed.
>>I have confirmed with several US attorneys in the past >>several days that they will start filing motions to >>dismiss for some cases. However, as of to date >>(1/30/07), I have not seen a single motion to dismiss or opposition paper from the government yet.

>>I will keep everyone updated as the situation develops.
>>Good luck,
>>Daniel

mas06 said:
I am a bit speptical of these breaking news. It appears only on that web site. Also, USCIS is the plaintif in WOM cases. They do not dismiss or settle on their own. This has to be requested by the AUSA, unless of course there is an agreement between USCIS and AUSA to stay the case for court hearing. In this case, there will thounds of pending cases in court. Just my opinion.

bigbang2001 said:
Here is the update by the so called attorney on Yahoo namecheck group. Again it is an opinion but the rumor is gaining ground:

>>Hi all,
>>I meant to say that the USCIS has already changed its >>policy regarding the writ of mandamus. This means >>that we can expect to receive motions to dismiss from >>US attorneys after the lawsuit is filed. The FBI and >>USCIS is pressuring the US Attorneys to oppose these >>lawsuits, as opposed to doing more expedites because >>a lawsuit is filed.
>>I have confirmed with several US attorneys in the past >>several days that they will start filing motions to >>dismiss for some cases. However, as of to date >>(1/30/07), I have not seen a single motion to dismiss or opposition paper from the government yet.

>>I will keep everyone updated as the situation develops.
>>Good luck,
>>Daniel

Thank you. As a matter of fact, I heard of several motions to dismiss (since october 2006), faced by opposing motions. The cases that I know are still pending (for 3-4 months now). AUSAs are trying to buy some time this way but I doubt any of these cases will end up in court. It does not matter how much pressure USCIS place on AUSAs, it just does not look good if all cases landed up in court. Of interest here is the new proposals of USCIS fee schedule to facilitate the immigration process. That included fully finding FBI name check as stated in the fact sheet published today by USCIS.

WOM *IS* still an option.

In fact, when people have sued USCIS previously, and did not mention FBI as a plaintiff, some cases got denied, because a judge cannot grant WOM against USCIS when background check is pending. Forcing USCIS to adjudicate the application while security checks are not complete would be clearly against the law.

So, the primary plaintiff for us is FBI, even though we sue the Government where every plaintiff should be equal. Yes, USCIS does not want to be a part of that game anymore... But courts can and still do force FBI to speed-up the namechecks. USCIS rightfully does not want to be involved in this massive waste of time... Well, they could do a lot (like paying more money to FBI), but in any case USCIS does not and will not spend time on WOM cases.

Speaking about immigration-law Web site - I do not know any other Web site, which would give better information. The rest of the sites usually publish very little (if any) information and usually do it much later. I would prefer to have fresh news with very rare incorrectness (usually it's corrected quite quickly) or small spelling mistakes than no fresh news at all. Yes, some of the information at immigration-law is released so early, that it can change before it takes effect. This would confuse many people, but I would rather *have* that information and leave those who cannot interpret it correctly deal with their own misunderstanding (for example, see 1/30/2007 "After we reported this news, we learned that there were some readers who gravely misunderstood the "final" rule making process").

bigbang2001 said:

This is an opportunity to voice your concern

Now we are aware that USCIS is seeking to increase fees again. As many EB based immigration applicants know that the I485 processing takes longer than 6 months --I have doubted it before, but now my I485 has passed the 6 months mark without seeing a result, I have no doubt now that the claim by USCIS is an outright lie. Ladies and gentlemen, if your I485 case has remain unprocessed for longer than 6 months, now it is time to voice your concern.

Please write to: Director, Regulatory Management Division, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Department of Homeland Security, 111 Massachusetts Avenue, NW, 3rd Floor, Washington, DC 20529

or: email to OSComments@dhs.gov

You ought to point out that we are against the fee increase unless an independent audit can prove the following USCIS claim:

'USCIS has already substantially improved service levels, achieving the President’s goal of six months processing times for immigration applications in October of 2006. '

Tell them your case has been pending longer than 6 months (trust me, many delay are NOT caused by name check!), and you have reasonable doubt that there are many many cases like yours have been delayed without cause.

Now they ask for money, we voice our concern. This MAY help them to speed up a little, and who knows, maybe your case can be picked up for processing if our letter cause the USCIS director to reexamine the work efficiency.

ACT NOW. Put USCIS-2006-0044 on your subject line.

Stuck in Security check

I recently inquired about my I-485 status since it is outside the process time.
I applied for I-485 on April 27th 2006 . I received an email after 2 days from the date inquired and the message said that my secuirty check is not yet completed and I have to contact them after 6 months if I don't hear from them.
This is pathetic..... Looks like this is a trend nowdays to delay the approvals.
Good luck to everyone..I will keep you all updated.

mas06 said:
Thank you. As a matter of fact, I heard of several motions to dismiss (since october 2006), faced by opposing motions. The cases that I know are still pending (for 3-4 months now). AUSAs are trying to buy some time this way but I doubt any of these cases will end up in court. It does not matter how much pressure USCIS place on AUSAs, it just does not look good if all cases landed up in court. Of interest here is the new proposals of USCIS fee schedule to facilitate the immigration process. That included fully finding FBI name check as stated in the fact sheet published today by USCIS.

even if uscis increases the fees to pay fbi for namecheck, this will take many years to see results. first fbi has to hire more people and train them then put them to clear the backlog. this takes at least 2 years with bureaucrats. so don't put too much hope on these stupid increases of fees.

any july approval

Was there any July approval at all. NSC claims July 13th, and what is it that they base it on when there is not even one approval?

- rspr

They base it on the fact that all pre-July-13 cases are stuck in namecheck system. Apparently, it's a lot of cases, but who cares... :(

rspr said:
Was there any July approval at all. NSC claims July 13th, and what is it that they base it on when there is not even one approval?

- rspr

I got pretty pumped up on Jan 17 that they were speeding up. There were several approvals reported in the same day here ... My enthusiasm has vaned significantly since after 2 weeks with very few approvals ... :rolleyes: . Oh well ...
igor_ch said:
They base it on the fact that all pre-July-13 cases are stuck in namecheck system. Apparently, it's a lot of cases, but who cares... :(

Quick Question

What is the current state-of-the-art thinking on Premium Processing for the I-140? Is there any consensus on whether it's worth it? I am currently in the regular processing queue at the NSC after filing about a month ago. I can always upgrade but I don't want to throw money at USCIS unnecessarily.

Please ask the question in the I-140 forums to get correct answer.

tariqk said:
What is the current state-of-the-art thinking on Premium Processing for the I-140? Is there any consensus on whether it's worth it? I am currently in the regular processing queue at the NSC after filing about a month ago. I can always upgrade but I don't want to throw money at USCIS unnecessarily.