We will be watching this forum throughout Coronavirus/Covid emergencies to post information and to answer your questions about affected US immigration and visas:
dreamer_ny said:Hello all Gurus,
I am working at my current employer for the last 6 years as a technical analyst/developer. My I-485 was filed at the end of October 06 (see my details below). I just wanted to ask you guys if I want to change my job and take a management position at another company what would be the secure time to do it. I know we had some discussion on this forum on this topic but my dilemma is that currently my position is technical and it would change to mostly non technical.
I can think of two choices:
1) Change the position at the end of 6 months of filing which will be end of April 07
2) Wait for I485 to clear, wait for more than 6 months and then change.
I would appreciate if you guys have any input or if you can think of any other opton?
svrabbit said:How long in advance shall I schedule an infopass appointment?
I want to check whether my name check is started or done? Can I get this information from phone?