Consolidated NSC I-485 Tracker

Please add my case to the tracker
My case details in the signature.
I called up customer center this week and explained my case is outside NSC processing times. She initiated an inquiry and told me that I should get a response in 30 to 45 days.
Does it really take that long?

I called up customer center this week and explained my case is outside NSC processing times. She initiated an inquiry and told me that I should get a response in 30 to 45 days.

The response will take 2-4 days. Not that you will get much information....

It really dpends upon hte case. I have gotten reply after 70 days...
thanks
Ela

when was the FP done.
Also, check immigrationwatch.com and check upnder "todays approals}. I have been following it for a week and it does NOT apper that they are approving even one application per day....Some kind of freeze??
If your case it totally ready for adjugation, you might see an approval. If not, you will see some meaningless reply. For me, I got "your biometrics and finger print has cleared. You will receive a FP notice within 14 days"!!

BTW follow the LUD. IF they start touching your application, then you might see an approval.

when was the FP done.
Also, check immigrationwatch.com and check upnder "todays approals}. I have been following it for a week and it does NOT apper that they are approving even one application per day....Some kind of freeze??
If your case it totally ready for adjugation, you might see an approval. If not, you will see some meaningless reply. For me, I got "your biometrics and finger print has cleared. You will receive a FP notice within 14 days"!!

BTW follow the LUD. IF they start touching your application, then you might see an approval.

My FP was done sometime around Aug-2006, right after I applied for 485. But I am not sure what code that was, they took a picture and thumb impression. Does that mean my name check could still be pending?

My FP was done sometime around Aug-2006, right after I applied for 485. But I am not sure what code that was, they took a picture and thumb impression. Does that mean my name check could still be pending?

Chances are you are in namecheck, otherwise you would have been apporved by now.:(

Get an infopass to make sure.

I 485 approval

Hi Guys,

If your I-485 is approved before your I-140, does that mean your name check is done/completed?

Hi Guys,

If your I-485 is approved before your I-140, does that mean your name check is done/completed?

It is impossible for one's I-485 to be approved BEFORE I-140, since the I-485 is based on an approved I-140. It is possible that I-485 processing (including name check) can take place while I-140 is also being processed, but never final approval.

looking at your i-140 info, it might have been better for you to Premium your I-140. I think an earlier post by you hinted that you erroneously thought that I-485 would be approved regardless of what happened to I-140. This was incorrect.

response from NSC

HI Nelsona and folks,
you are right, i called for the service request on 4/27 and got the response right now, they are really efficient in saying "hey screw you, dont bother me again...". anyway here is the response and I'd like to confirm with you that it simply means that I am one more victim of this endless name check process. Do you think it is clear? is it still worth the effort to do an info pass? thanks!

-----------------------------------------------------------
The status of this service request is:

The processing of your case has been delayed. A check of our records establishes that your case is not yet ready for decision, as the required investigation into your background remains open.

Until the background investigation is completed, we cannot move forward on your case. These background checks are required to be completed on all applicants who apply for the immigration benefit you are seeking. We will make every effort to make a decision on this case as soon as the background checks are complete. If you do not receive a decision or other notice of action from us within 6 months of this letter, please contact us by calling our customer service number provided below.

If you have any further questions, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

The response will take 2-4 days. Not that you will get much information....

HI Nelsona and folks,
you are right, i called for the service request on 4/27 and got the response right now, they are really efficient in saying "hey screw you, dont bother me again...". anyway here is the response and I'd like to confirm with you that it simply means that I am one more victim of this endless name check process. Do you think it is clear? is it still worth the effort to do an info pass? thanks!

The processing of your case has been delayed. A check of our records establishes that your case is not yet ready for decision, as the required investigation into your background remains open.

Until the background investigation is completed, we cannot move forward on your case. These background checks are required to be completed on all applicants who apply for the immigration benefit you are seeking. We will make every effort to make a decision on this case as soon as the background checks are complete. If you do not receive a decision or other notice of action from us within 6 months of this letter, please contact us by calling our customer service number provided below.

If you have any further questions, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

You are stuck in namecheck:(

InfoPass exprience

Hi Folks:
I went to InfoPass today to inquire about the status of my case and why is it not processed yet. The guy told me that they have no jurisdiction over Lincoln where my case is so he can not answer this question. All the time he was asking me for my A number which I did not have so he had to look me up by name and birthdate. According to what he told me my name check was cleared as of 09/2006.

You can find your A # on all your I 797 notices also.

SN

My guess is that he forgot to bring this A# with him, which was a mistake. the officer then decided to be a little less co-operative since our poster appeared unprepared.:(

I know it's there I just didn't bring it. And I don't remember it from the top of my head. In any rate he looked up my case through name and a birthdate.

Chances are you are in namecheck, otherwise you would have been apporved by now.:(

Get an infopass to make sure.

I took an infopass last week. The lady did not have any more information than what is available online. She said, that the processing dates posted for Nebraska are applicable only to cases filed directly to Nebraska, and those transferred from vermont might be on a different schedule.

to Liaoguoxf: what's your plan to fight name check

Hello,

I have very similar i-485 receipt date and was stuck in name check too (through infopass). And i have a couple friends who also get stuck (1-2 years). The precentage is quite high.

Any plan to fight back? If you want, we can do it together, and i welcome others who want to join!

This will be a tough journey...:mad:

HI Nelsona and folks,

No recent approval

Hey Ela6

On the link u mentioned for "todays touches & approvals" there seems to be a freeze..Any updates on ur EAD approval??
Thanks
Samzs
Samzs
Looks like you are right before me in the line. My FP was done on 13th April...
By the way, are you aware of anyone who is before in the line. In other words had FP in Feb/Mar 07.

I checked http://www.immigrationwatch.com/uscis-recent-approvals.html
I realized about 1330 cases were approved over a 2 month period. Just curious, do you guys think it is real. We don't see much approval postings here...
thanks
Ela

hi tribe,
I haven't got a plan as yet, I just started reading and research on the internet from last night, trying to understand how name check works, how the current situation looks like, such as, whether or not filing lawsuits still works.
what is your plan? let's keep in touch and follow up.
cheers,

Hello,

I have very similar i-485 receipt date and was stuck in name check too (through infopass). And i have a couple friends who also get stuck (1-2 years). The precentage is quite high.

Any plan to fight back? If you want, we can do it together, and i welcome others who want to join!

This will be a tough journey...:mad: