Consolidated NSC I-485 Tracker

nelsona,
what types of RFE are received at end of the 485 process then?
i just got RFE for 1) job letter 2) proof of marriage.
eb3-485row RD nov/06- ND jan 07 - Bio mar/07

The RFEs at last stages are usu. for sponsorship issues (ie is sponsor still viable, have you changed sponsor thru AC21). This is esp. the case if one has a very old PD.

Is name check a problem for certain names/ethnicities?

I recently filed for my 485 and have been following this thread. After being in this mess for more than 7 years, I'm now afraid that the name check might be the next big hurdle for me to cross. Does any one know if the name check is a problem if you are of a certain religion (islam) or nationality? My guess is if you have a chinese name, this should not be a problem for you.

Thanks.

Zima
485 RD 3/15/2007
FP 4/26/2007
AP/EAD Not received yet

No LUD after 4/13. Those were the two LUDs after they received RFE on 4/10. The original RD is May '06, so it is about a year now. I was told it was stuck in name check prior to RFE were issued in Mar '07; not sure if name check has cleared or not.

I-485 approved from NSC

All,

My 485 has approved last week and received approval notice from NSC and the current status is showing in online "Card was mailed". Now I am feeling like a "Free Bird".

I am the silent reader of this forum and it is very helpful to have the forum like this.

Here is my details.

Sub Labor -- Date is current
** 140 - Applied in Jan 2006 to Vermont (VSC)
** 485, EAD, AP - Applied on Feb -2006 to Vermont (VSC)

** I-140 and I-485 applications were transferred from VSC to NSC in Jun2006.

** I-140 approved in Jun'2006 only from NSC.

There were 2-3 LUD's (Last year) in my I-485 after my finger prints and No LUD's from last 8 months.

I called and raised a status enquiry with the National Service center toll free number since the date is current and I got the Service Request number from them.

After status enquiry within 2 months me and my wife's I-485 got approved same day. Currently waiting for the Card.

I wish you all the best and good luck.

hi nc3years,
How did you find out that your NC was cleared in dec 06? did you do anything during the 3yr of waiting? did you file a lawsuit?
plus it sounds weired to me that you are still waiting for your approval 4 months after NC cleared, did you call USCIS?
thanks,

I sent letter to First Lady and I believe she helped to expedite my name check. I didn't file WOM. I waited so long because they are transferring my cases back and forth.

All,

My 485 has approved last week and received approval notice from NSC and the current status is showing in online "Card was mailed". Now I am feeling like a "Free Bird".

I am the silent reader of this forum and it is very helpful to have the forum like this.

Here is my details.

Sub Labor -- Date is current
** 140 - Applied in Jan 2006 to Vermont (VSC)
** 485, EAD, AP - Applied on Feb -2006 to Vermont (VSC)

** I-140 and I-485 applications were transferred from VSC to NSC in Jun2006.

** I-140 approved in Jun'2006 only from NSC.

There were 2-3 LUD's (Last year) in my I-485 after my finger prints and No LUD's from last 8 months.

I called and raised a status enquiry with the National Service center toll free number since the date is current and I got the Service Request number from them.

After status enquiry within 2 months me and my wife's I-485 got approved same day. Currently waiting for the Card.

I wish you all the best and good luck.
Congrats!!!
My case is similar to yours.
Did you get a response for your status enquiry? How long did it take and who got the response, you or your lawyer?

When I called NAtional service center they gave me the CaseNumber and they have mentioned me that they will update the status in 30-45 days. I did not get any mail from them.

One fine day, Directly I got an approval notice without any LUD's .. after 2 months of status enquiry (I believe this helped).

Are you serious about the letter to the First Lady??
I am getting close to 2yrs pending nc.

I sent letter to First Lady and I believe she helped to expedite my name check. I didn't file WOM. I waited so long because they are transferring my cases back and forth.

thank you nc3years

HI nc3years,
thank you for your reply. you really think hte first lady helped? I am going to write to the senators/congressman etc. just in case it works.
good luck to us all!

Congressman can only help in getting the current status. They cannot help in speeding up the process.
It seems all they can do is make an inquiry and wait for reply.
But the inquiry sure works. They will surely get a reply back from FBI about the latest status.

HI nc3years,
thank you for your reply. you really think hte first lady helped? I am going to write to the senators/congressman etc. just in case it works.
good luck to us all!

thanks Sksave

thank you Sksave, I am going to do it for whatever it's worth. let's see. good luck to us all.

Congressman can only help in getting the current status. They cannot help in speeding up the process.
It seems all they can do is make an inquiry and wait for reply.
But the inquiry sure works. They will surely get a reply back from FBI about the latest status.

EAD Question

Hi Gurus,

I am in the 485 state waiting for approval, all my dates are current for a long time yet nothing is happening in my case. I opened 2 status enquiries over the past 2 months....nothing happened, even did not get a response for either of the status inquiries.

Last week took an infopass appointment. It was a waste of time. The officer told me we cannot tell you anything (Chicago USCIS office)...since your case is in Nebraska, you will have to write them a letter to find out more. I asked him about the status, he said its currently being adjudicated. Asked him about name check, he said its cleared.

Now I guess...just sit tight and endlessly wait !!

In the meantime my EAD is about to expire by the end of this month. I have applied for renewal 2 months ago, FP is completed, but EAD is not yet approved.

Given my situation, could you please advice what should be my plan of action, if my EAD is not approved by the end of this month.

Does it have any impact on my employment?

I am currently using the AC21 and have changed job.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Without a valid EAD, you must stop working, until you get the new one.

However, as long as you have submitted your EAD request 90 days before expiry, you should be fine as USCIS is approving these (so long as there are no issues with your petition) around the 85 day mark, and it takes a few days to receive.

If you don't get EAD after 75 days, you can go to your local office (INFOPASS) and they will contact the service center while you wait, and you should have an answer to your EAD petition before you leave. You won't get the card, but you will know whether it is approved or not.

But, like I said, the service centers are routinely approving EADS around the 85 day mark, so sit tight.

Hi friends,

I'm a long-time immportal reader-poster and a newbie in this thread. Can someone please direct me to the excel spreadsheet for NSC i-485 tracker. I looked at the last 6 pages of this thread but couldn't find it.

Thanks,

The excel spreadsheet was maintained by "Justwatch". It is not exist anymore after he got his GC. But you can use "http://www.trackitt.com/".

transfer from TSC to NSC

Hi everyone here

My 485 case was transfered from TSC to NSC without a reason. My husband's 485 got approval (he is primary applicant), and mine stuck in NC. Then out of sudden, got an email said my case transfer to NSC for interview and a few days later, another email said my case was transfer to NSC and pending there. (not mention the interview any more)

Has any body had similar experience? Could you share with me? Thanks

our cased PD: June 2002,
485 RD: June 2006.
Transfer to NSC: April 2007

According to immigrationwatch.com , there were 167 touches and 86 I485 approvals today at NSC..
The excel spreadsheet was maintained by "Justwatch". It is not exist anymore after he got his GC. But you can use "http://www.trackitt.com/".

According to immigrationwatch.com , there were 167 touches and 86 I485 approvals today at NSC..

Be careful "Today" on that website is not quite accurate. If you loook at the tables, it reflects the last 4-5 weeks, not simply today.

liaoguoxf,

Yes, I believe FL helped to expedite my NC. I sought help from senator a year before I sent the letter to FL. As sksave said, they sent status request to FBI but could not expedite it.

I tried to look closely, it says updated on 5/7. Where could I see that it is for 4-5 weeks.. thanks
Ela
Be careful "Today" on that website is not quite accurate. If you loook at the tables, it reflects the last 4-5 weeks, not simply today.

I tried to look closely, it says updated on 5/7. Where could I see that it is for 4-5 weeks.. thanks
Ela

Yes, but did you look at the tables. The 86 approvals for 'today' have approval dates spread over the last 4-5 weeks. If it were truly approvals of 'today' they would all have today's or maybe friday's date.

Like I said, the 'Today's approvals' would better be called 'recent activity'.